Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alec Pierce

jbaron04

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are the same team as last year until the Flanker, LT, and EDGE positions play better than they did last year.  (assuming the QB thing is basically a push). Safeties too, but that should happen pretty quickly given who was back there last year.

Hoping that Pierce comes along nicely by the 5th game.

• Good kid. Will be good.
  • Needs patient, but should have not been forced. Slow please.
  • He needs working on routes and footwork. Not worried though. 
  • Let him go some 9 routes. He knows them. Will help his confidence, which will help hands/comfortable. 
  • More Strachan.
  • And more Dulin. Yes Dulin dropped, but it was also a great punch from DB... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

• Good kid. Will be good.
  • Needs patient, but should have not been forced. Slow please.
  • He needs working on routes and footwork. Not worried though. 
  • Let him go some 9 routes. He knows them. Will help his confidence, which will help hands/comfortable. 
  • More Strachan.
  • And more Dulin. Yes Dulin dropped, but it was also a great punch from DB... 

Yes to more Strachan. Where were the sideline ropes Matt Ryan was throwing in training camp? Why was none of it called? It took Reggie Wayne 3 years to be at his best. First year, it would be nice to get contributions from Pierce but we shouldn't be counting too much on it. Might as well see what Campbell can give us in his contract year and get the second year wideouts like Strachan more time.

Poor kid blew a TD in his first game.  I promise you there is nothing anyone needs to say to him.  He knows what he needs to do. 

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Honestly I would bench him for a couple of games, make him inactive and let him think about it. Let him want it bad and go out and play with some desire and focus.

I would activate Patmon next week.

Frank needs to send a message

Well, that’s one way to handle it. 

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Might not be a bad idea until pierce gets a few more plays and gets use to the physical nature of the defense. Strachan looked pretty good but he was pretty open. 

Camlbell is the one we need to see more plays from. He shouldn’t be a afterthought.

Wasn't he "pretty open" because he ran good routes to get open? We need guys who can get open. Our guys not named Pittman sorely lack that ability.

I'm not sure on the snaps at the moment but I would bet Strachan saw the least snaps (by a good amount) among the WRs and yet he had two big catches.

I'd like to see Strachan take more snaps from Pierce. Pierce is just not ready and was a deer in the headlights all game.

18 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Wasn't he "pretty open" because he ran good routes to get open? We need guys who can get open. Our guys not named Pittman sorely lack that ability.

I'm not sure on the snaps at the moment but I would bet Strachan saw the least snaps (by a good amount) among the WRs and yet he had two big catches.

I'd like to see Strachan take more snaps from Pierce. Pierce is just not ready and was a deer in the headlights all game.

Strachan ran pretty good routes today in his limited time.  I’d look at Pierce in the slot and getting Strachan on the field and take Campbell’s snaps away.  Unless Campbell burns you with his speed he’s not getting open.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Strachan ran pretty good routes today in his limited time.  I’d look at Pierce in the slot and getting Strachan on the field and take Campbell’s snaps away.  Unless Campbell burns you with his speed he’s not getting open.  

I don’t think pierce is ready to play in the slot yet. He needs to be limited with his routes until he develops a more complete route tree. Campbell heated up with some good catches and I think will be fine once he gets his bearings again. Remember he hasn’t played on almost a year.

30 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Honestly I would bench him for a couple of games, make him inactive and let him think about it. Let him want it bad and go out and play with some desire and focus.

Message to a rookie who dropped a ball? Yeah that will boost his confidence.

49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes to more Strachan. Where were the sideline ropes Matt Ryan was throwing in training camp? Why was none of it called? It took Reggie Wayne 3 years to be at his best. First year, it would be nice to get contributions from Pierce but we shouldn't be counting too much on it. Might as well see what Campbell can give us in his contract year and get the second year wideouts like Strachan more time.

Need more pass scheme in general lol..

All the good stuff we hear/see in camp... nope... Now G1 was super duper conservative stuff, like last 2 years. 

Need more slants (intermediate and deep), and general more intermediate and deep passes. 

Not all intermediate and deep stuff, just enough to make Ds respect the field. 

Tired of Ds focusing -5 to 10 yards... would create space for everyone... including RBs... 

20 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It generally takes a few years for a receiver to figure it out. There were a lot of issues with the team today besides our rookie WR. That TD drop does hurt. But so does 4 fumbles, missed field goals and blown blocking assignments... 

There's no substitute for game day preparation. Buffalo looked prepared, not many others did.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Bench and make inactive your 1st round pick after 1 sub par game? His literal 1st NFL game? Good gracious.

17 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Hall of famer all world rookie George Pickens who some on here thought the Colts should have picked instead of trading  down had one catch for 3 yards today. Give Pierce time, he has all the physical tools.

That's infinite times more production than Pierce!

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Man, if we judged people by performances today, most of the team would be cut. Wayne didn’t play good his first game or even his first season. Y’all need to chill TF out on this kid and wait. 

Who are the y’all because if you read the thread that’s what most are saying.

Archived