Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I guess we know now why Denbow made the 53

Hark

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

That was basically to replace Weatherford though not Denbow

Stuard isn’t to replace Weatherford.   Stuard is to try and replace the loss of Odom, Afams, and Glasgow.    You trade for a proven vet to replace proven vets, not to replace promising rookies. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Stuard isn’t to replace Weatherford.   Stuard is to try and replace the loss of Odom, Afams, and Glasgow.    You trade for a proven vet to replace proven vets, not to replace promising rookies. 

I'm referring to who's spot he took. If Stuard wasn't traded for, Weatherford would have made the 53. Obviously the colts thought they could get him back.

39 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't have a clue how he keeps making the team. This is the last year for him to make an impact

Its not just Chris Ballard.   Dodds gets input, so does Frank and Gus Bradley and Ollie, the new DL position coaches.   That’s at least five voices behind the decision. 

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Its not just Chris Ballard.   Dodds gets input, so does Frank and Gus Bradley and Ollie, the new DL position coaches.   That’s at least five voices behind the decision. 

Ok and all I'm saying is I don't understand why he's still on the team. It's not like he was killing the third-string/future Walmart workers 

47 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ok and all I'm saying is I don't understand why he's still on the team. It's not like he was killing the third-string/future Walmart workers 

If I had to guess…..?

BB has the most tantalizing quality in sports…….    Potential.   His rare athletic skill set hints at promise.   

Im not saying we’ll see it, I’m not even saying he’ll be on the roster by the end of the season….    But apparently he’s got enough to make the 53.    I’d describe his status as iffy at best….   He’s week to week. 

9 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Moms everywhere: "Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you should do it, too"!

Its a formula that’s proven successful….  But by all means, PLEASE insist you’re smarter than our front office!     I don’t Expect this exchange to age well, but you’re entitled to your views — no matter what.      :facepalm:

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I had to guess…..?

BB has the most tantalizing quality in sports…….    Potential.   His rare athletic skill set hints at promise.   

Im not saying we’ll see it, I’m not even saying he’ll be on the roster by the end of the season….    But apparently he’s got enough to make the 53.    I’d describe his status as iffy at best….   He’s week to week. 

I just hope he's not inactive every game again. If he gets 3 sacks I'll be happy

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I just hope he's not inactive every game again. If he gets 3 sacks I'll be happy

I hear you.  And if he’s constantly inactive, then I think we’ve miscalculated.   But I hope if he plays he ends up with 4 in a season.  The kind of number we have gotten from Muhammad and Turay in years past….

Archived