• Game 2 (at Jags)
    • Game 3 (KC)
    • Game 4 (TN)
    • Game 5-8
    • Game 9-17
    • no starter (2022)
  2. 2. 2022 Health (general)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2022 at 03:59 AM

I went opening day and optimist. Worse case scenario is, he does miss opening day but I think he plays. From the beginning I wasn't that worried, of course a little worried because I am not there to get 1st hand knowledge. Having said that from everything I read I thought he could be back on opening day. A lot of people seen 'back surgery' and panicked but it was a minor surgery that normally takes 6-8 weeks to heal. 

He’s basically a full participant in practice this week and next. He’s playing week 1 if there are not set backs IMO. They had to say what they said to temper expectations but my guess is he plays limited snap count week 1 and goes from there until his conditioning is good. 

34 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

He’s basically a full participant in practice this week and next. He’s playing week 1 if there are not set backs IMO. They had to say what they said to temper expectations but my guess is he plays limited snap count week 1 and goes from there until his conditioning is good. 

Im thinking this as well, no pain at all just conditioning at this point so limited snaps...if get up big early common sense is rest,hopefully that is the case.

2 hours ago, cjrulli said:

And its a Division game.  I think they want him on the field for HOU.  It at least gets him more ready for the next week, which is JAX.

I think we will see him some time early in the season. He says he feels better than ever. But we still haven't actually seen him play post recovery.

Not generally a pessimist with injuries because it's the NFL and they happen, but I am prob more concerned about what happens after he comes back. Leonard just went through multiple procedures and recovery to get to this point...and has talked about losing and regaining his love for football.

He's a great player, but he's still a LBer in a WRs body. So I just hope he stays healthy.

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I think he’ll play in Houston, but not necessarily start or play his usual workload. I think his first real start will be in Jacksonville. 

I think he starts and if by halftime we have a big lead, he then plays sparingly. I can't see him not starting if he is ready. Reich isn't going to bench him if Leonard says I am ready to start. This game at Houston could be close but then again we may be up 27-0 at half lmao .

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he starts and if by halftime we have a big lead, he then plays sparingly. I can't see him not starting if he is ready. Reich isn't going to bench him if Leonard says I am ready to start. This game at Houston could be close but then again we may be up 27-0 at half lmao .

I think they’ll sprinkle him in slowly to start. Just because he’s just now getting back to activity. 3rd down, and other specific situations, just to keep from going too hard too quickly with him. Wade back in as opposed to dive, if you will. 

I have been and remain pessimistic on this. The words falling out of love with football and retirement have come out of his own mouth. He has been beaten up with injuries and dont think he has played at 100 percent in a long time. He got paid. IMO its not looking good.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will chug a beer if the opening play is Maniac with a pick 6 to start the season! Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I'll drain my rocks glass.

Bestie I thought your Week 1 prognostication was scarcely believable.  I cant believe they are even considering it.  

Strange strange situation lol. 

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I think he’ll play in Houston, but not necessarily start or play his usual workload. I think his first real start will be in Jacksonville. 

Yeah, the word "start" could be tricky.  But I think if Frank think's that he's healthy enough to play meaningful minutes at HOU, they will start him and then see what happens.

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I have been and remain pessimistic on this. The words falling out of love with football and retirement have come out of his own mouth. He has been beaten up with injuries and dont think he has played at 100 percent in a long time. He got paid. IMO its not looking good.

I don’t agree with you at all. The Colts are saying he’s been great showing up at 5:45 am and has done everything he could possibly do to get himself ready to play. So what your saying doesn’t hold any water anymore. But I respect your feelings though. 

24 minutes ago, ThePowerslave said:

I'm pessimistic.  I think the Colts can win the first two games without him.  He makes his debut in the home opener vs KC.  

KC is what I put to but I’m optimistic that we can win without him until then and he’ll be better than ever when he returns. 

Based on what I hear from the Colts staff he is not in playing shape.  If he plays in week one or two he will most likely be on a play count.  Because he did not participate in camp he is at higher risk for injury such as hamstring, calf/Achilles tendon.  He needs to hit his strength markers for leg muscle exercises and other goals before they will be comfortable with him playing his usual reps (plays) during a game.  Of course, since I don't work for the Colts he could be there now, but I don't get that impression. 

11 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Don’t see it. If he played for a team like the Jets or Lions then maybe, but this team has a legit chance to make some noise. Being fully healthy and being in a winner will definitely energize a player. Being banged up and the team having a crap season, especially the way last year ended really just drains you.

22 minutes ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Don’t see it. If he played for a team like the Jets or Lions then maybe, but this team has a legit chance to make some noise. Being fully healthy and being in a winner will definitely energize a player. Being banged up and the team having a crap season, especially the way last year ended really just drains you.

I don't see it either, we have a chance to win the SB or at least at worse win the Division. Leonard seems to love football and is hungry to win. I think after what Andrew did to us many people are on edge so that is understandable. 

Note: Nothing against Andrew because as everyone knows I loved him and I think he belongs in the ROH. I just think people seen what he did so when we have another great player with an injury, some are like here we go again.  

Archived