Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

my concern part II

ruf

now that we see the Oline what do you think about heading into the season with that line up?

my suggestion is hit the wavier wire and get a starting RG and use Pinter for backup C

not sure how Pryor will work out at LT (I hope he does) but we need to get that OT or Kelly back) to add not only a body but someone who could come in and help right away

our season depends on the success of the Oline and we will see how it plays out with the Texans (and this is not a great team)

this is my biggest concern for the season 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Could always shift Pryor to RG and let Pinter backup up multiple spots. Plug Rainmann in at LT seems to be on a steep learning curve up.

i do like that idea

what is the name of the OT from Alabama that got cut? he could be insurance for Rainmann if he struggles 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t like the depth of this team anywhere. To young and inexperienced. QB is the only position I am ok with. We will see what happens next few days.

i hope something happens i didn't like some of the choices on the DL i think we let one good player go DJ something i think was his name--some questional keeps on the dl

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t like the depth of this team anywhere. To young and inexperienced. QB is the only position I am ok with. We will see what happens next few days.

Setting the stage for a team that’s ready and experienced when a rookie QB is on the roster…

27 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Could always shift Pryor to RG and let Pinter backup up multiple spots. Plug Rainmann in at LT seems to be on a steep learning curve up.

Pryor lost something like fifteen pounds to play LT.  I doubt they would move him to guard.  Pinter will be given his opportunity I think.

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Pryor lost something like fifteen pounds to play LT.  I doubt they would move him to guard.  Pinter will be given his opportunity I think.

I'm afraid Pinter will be the weak length and it will be exposed early and often

Move Smith to RG, Pryor to RT and Raimann LT. Resign Haeg as back up. If Raimann gets destroyed put Pryor back at LT and plug Haeg in.

If we sign Leatherwood we take on his contract. Last year's 17th pick. 

Moving Smith may give us 2 all pro guards, and an almost guaranteed 3 and 1 dive play to Ellingher for a 1st.

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I don’t think Raimann is ready for that.  He struggled against second and third stringers at times during the pre-season.  This maybe an option later in the season but I don’t think it’s one now.

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

Move Smith to RG, Pryor to RT and Raimann LT. Resign Haeg as back up. If Raimann gets destroyed put Pryor back at LT and plug Haeg in.

Moving Smith may give us 2 all pro guards, and an almost guaranteed 3 and 1 dive play to Ellingher for a 1st.

They aren’t going to play musical chairs like that with the line right now.

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Raimann is ready for that.  He struggled against second and third stringers at times during the pre-season.  This maybe an option later in the season but I don’t think it’s one now.

Rainmann played better each game it seemed.....does he have flaws yes BUT his upside is higher then anyone we have at LT and he is such a hard worker....

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Rainmann played better each game it seemed.....does he have flaws yes BUT his upside is higher then anyone we have at LT and he is such a hard worker....

Yeah I just don’t think they want to ruin him by throwing him in there too soon.  Like I said I think what you suggested could and will be an option at some point in the season. I just don’t think it is now.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I just don’t think they want to ruin him by throwing him in there too soon.  Like I said I think what you suggested could and will be an option at some point in the season. I just don’t think it is now.

Not sure when the time will come and def dont want to hurt his confidence but it seems at some point this is going to take place.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure when the time will come and def dont want to hurt his confidence but it seems at some point this is going to take place.

I agree I expect him to start before the year is over unless Pryor is just lights out and I don’t see that happening.

12 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I think your talking about Leatherwood he got cut from the Raiders. 

I also think if he was good enough to be insurance for the Colts the Raiders wouldn’t have cut him.  Releasing a first round pick after a year almost never happens without off the field issues so that’s pretty damning.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I also think if he was good enough to be insurance for the Colts the Raiders wouldn’t have cut him.  Releasing a first round pick after a year almost never happens without off the field issues so that’s pretty damning.  

I heard he gave up a lot sacks and had a lot of penalties. 

5 hours ago, Matabix said:

They don’t take on his contract if he clears waivers.  

are we really considered a sleeper for superbowl this year? bills and bengals are good... but i dont see kc being a 10 win team this year. mahomes has had to much help to be considered a great qb. only time will tell. but i dont see a huge difference  between the colts compared to any other team.. cant wait for the season to start!!

7 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah, I don't feel this lineup is immensly better. We got Matt Ryan but lost Carson Wentz and basically a 1st for a 2nd or 3rd next year. We gained Nick Cross who I like, but lost Khari Willis and a 3rd next year. The RBs are the same, none of the UDFAs we signed or Phillip Lindsay could beat out Deon Jackson for the 3rd spot or even make the 53. Feels like the O-Line is worse. Besides grabbing Stuard, we also seem to be worse at special teams, we lost Ogletree for the year at TE when he could of been the no2, and to top it off, we lost our Punter Sanchez for the year and downgraded there. 

Even the positive of draft picks doesn't excite me as much as it should I guess. We had a good draft it looks like so far, but we didn't have a 1st rounder, Ogletree is out of the year after looking good early, and we already cut one draft pick (Curtis Brooks I believe)?

Lets see what happens with waiver claims before I pass judgment on the 53 before the season starts, but early returns color me unimpressed.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They tried Smith at RG the last week of camp, just fyi

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I don't feel this lineup is immensly better. We got Matt Ryan but lost Carson Wentz and basically a 1st for a 2nd or 3rd next year. We gained Nick Cross who I like, but lost Khari Willis and a 3rd next year. The RBs are the same, none of the UDFAs we signed or Phillip Lindsay could beat out Deon Jackson for the 3rd spot or even make the 53. Feels like the O-Line is worse. Besides grabbing Stuard, we also seem to be worse at special teams, we lost Ogletree for the year at TE when he could of been the no2, and to top it off, we lost our Punter Sanchez for the year and downgraded there. 

Even the positive of draft picks doesn't excite me as much as it should I guess. We had a good draft it looks like so far, but we didn't have a 1st rounder, Ogletree is out of the year after looking good early, and we already cut one draft pick (Curtis Brooks I believe)?

Lets see what happens with waiver claims before I pass judgment on the 53 before the season starts, but early returns color me unimpressed.

I think the team is better.  We lost some good players and added some good players.  The reason I think the team is better is because of experience and schemes.  We have some young guys who will be better this year than last (Dayo).   We will be playing a new (and I think better ) defensive scheme.  With DeForest, Grover, Yannick, Kwitty and Dayo, I think we will see more pressure on opposing QB's.

There will be a move to add more on the OL. Until then I will see how it all plays out. I understand we don’t have a top OL anymore but I highly doubt we will find starting caliber players on the waiver wire. Maybe we get lucky but probably not. We just need to play real games and see how it shakes out.  

1 hour ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Agreed. They've been building toward it their whole lives. :D Just kidding. They aren't dummies but they have their blind spots and biases like anybody else. 

As a collective theyve always made decent to very good choices with the O line overall. Im going to trust what theyve got in mind for the personnel. And especially since we havent even played any real games and the starters as a group havent even played 2 quarters of football together.

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

You can start the thread with "my concerns turned out to be true...."

maybe one of those statements like: ya'll better be glad i'm not one to say i told you so but if i didn't who did lol

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

may be worth a look though

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You must have wanted Wentz back.
 Why are you talking about draft picks?
 Our first rounders this year are Ngakoue & Gilmore.
 There is a reasonable chance in a redraft 3 years from now 2 if not 3 of Pierce, Woods, or Cross will be considered 1st rounders.
 Khari Willis tackled well going forward... when he wasn't missing tackles, of which he did A Lot. He had to play off people because he had ZERO makeup speed. He was a weak link. McCloud is better, as a backup.
Blackmon should be older and wiser, Cross is a big upgrade.
 We are better at S! A trio.
 We are better at Corner! Gilmore.
 We are better at WR! The host.
 We are better at DT! Grover unleashed and Dayo better than Stallworth.

We are better at TE! Jack was wore down. Ryan will love Granson immediately, and Woods will make some kool grabs soon, very soon.

We are much better at Pass Rush! Scheme and... 
 I think we will be better at LB because of scheme fit. lol
 Our o-line wasn't very good last season because of LT and illness, & injury.
 We should be better. Glow BTW was just okay. He would have 4-5 really good (matchups) games a season and be very mediocre the rest. It's a little early to discount Pryor. Ryan and Frank should be able to mask some of the Pass Rush weakness of Smith and Pryor. If it's Kelly and Pinter too... haha! lol 

We will need another TE at some point over a long season. Always do.
 And a corner,.
 And a safety.
 And a RB.
 And an o-lineman.
 Maybe a LB.
  Just like every other team. Yes the PS is Very important and we will have some good PS level depth there. I'm not concerned.

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Raimann is ready for that.  

I don't think Ryan is ready for that!

I am concerned about the oline.  It will take some time to see if this unit has the talent needed and can gel into that cohesive unit.  Not thrilled about the depth and I wouldn't mind seeing us pick somebody up, but I doubt that cast offs from cut downs are going to save the season.  If we do pick somebody up I hope I am wrong and the guy plays lights out, but they are being released for a reason.

I don't think shifting guys around now is the answer.  I would think the coaching staff has gone through all of those ideas and played out multiple scenarios over the last couple of months.  Are they always right?  No.  But I figure they might know a bit more than we do about what this will take and the capabilities of the guys on the squad.  Since I have never even met one of them I will concede they are in a better position than me to evaluate the talent.

It will be interesting to see how these guys do.  

Archived