Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cut roster to 53

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Chester Rogers was cut, also Tavon Austin and LaQuon Treadwell... Only interesting names at wr so far.  Funchess was released and was listed as a TE?  

Jaquiski Tartt.....the name is interesting.....lmao and with Watts out.... Can he play ST?

Tartt would be a great pick up IMO

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Chester Rogers was cut, also Tavon Austin and LaQuon Treadwell... Only interesting names at wr so far.  Funchess was released and was listed as a TE?  

Jaquiski Tartt.....the name is interesting.....lmao and with Watts out.... Can he play ST?

Now that I think about it, Watts going down may need replaced, but Weatherford could handle his spot as a STer, I just don't know about as a fourth safety....

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Chester was on the IR I believe 

'I think Coutee can go to the PS.  He is the backup slot WR, IMO.  With Granson possibly lining up there and don't forget Hines is supposed to get more touches, maybe he takes some snaps there, seems like fewer opportunities for the backup slot to get consistent PT.  He can be called up from the PS when Parris goes down. 

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

'I think Coutee can go to the PS.  He is the backup slot WR, IMO.  With Granson possibly lining up there and don't forget Hines is supposed to get more touches, maybe he takes some snaps there, seems like fewer opportunities for the backup slot to get consistent PT.  He can be called up from the PS when Parris goes down. 

If Coutee hadnt got injured he was a lock, Flowers showing that return burst this past weekend and Big Mike showing out last 2 weeks if really makes it tough. We are going to cut guys who will get  claimed before we can stash them. Hoping keke falls through the cracks.....I really like him.

I think Patmon makes the team. He’s one of the few outside of our clear starters that has real game experience and that AZ back of the end zone TD is enough to put him above the others imo. He can play. The other guys have preseason experience only. 

Pittman, Pierce, Cambell, Dulin, Patmon. At 6 I’d bring Strahan in. 

12 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

If Coutee hadnt got injured he was a lock, Flowers showing that return burst this past weekend and Big Mike showing out last 2 weeks if really makes it tough. We are going to cut guys who will get  claimed before we can stash them. Hoping keke falls through the cracks.....I really like him.

This isn't Keke's first team.  I don't know if he's that hot of a commodity.

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wow. They must only be keeping 3 RB. welcome Jackson  they must like Jackson on special teams more.

RBs can be stashed on the PS pretty easily, and then called up if needed for injury or even a specific game plan if you have another player that can be cut and moved to the PS.  There are many RBs that can fill the 4th RB role on a team.  No need to roster that player, IMO.

I can understand cutting Price, but I'm pretty surprised at Lindsay getting cut. I thought he looked really solid out there and brought a little bit different dimension to our RB group.

RJ McIntosh was another surprise since there was a lot of good buzz about him, but it just may be that stacked of a position group that good players will be getting cut.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I can understand cutting Price, but I'm pretty surprised at Lindsay getting cut. I thought he looked really solid out there and brought a little bit different dimension to our RB group.

RJ McIntosh was another surprise since there was a lot of good buzz about him, but it just may be that stacked of a position group that good players will be getting cut.

My guess is it’s because of ST.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And Strauchan/Patmon.  Maybe Coutee too.

That would be 7 WR.  That would be a lot.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

RBs can be stashed on the PS pretty easily, and then called up if needed for injury or even a specific game plan if you have another player that can be cut and moved to the PS.  There are many RBs that can fill the 4th RB role on a team.  No need to roster that player, IMO.

Yeah that is why I never bought into them keeping 4 RB. It’s easy to put them on the PS. Lindsey might sign back to PS. Don’t think he has to go through waivers.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

My guess is it’s because of ST.

That would be 7 WR.  That would be a lot.

Maybe not so much if we keep only three TEs.  Patmon and Strauchan are big targets.  Ogletree's injury might cause the roster to look a little wonky for a while.

Surprised initially at the Lindsay release but made sense after I thought about it. Mack was RB3 last year and only had 30 total touches and was inactive most weeks. It's better to have a RB on the roster that can at least contribute on special teams with Jackson than to have Lindsay sit on the bench 90% of the time. Still hope they keep either Lindsay or Williams on the Practice Squad. 

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

This one surprises me too! Maybe he was not pulling his weight on special teams?

He nailed a tackle on STs Saturday.  I'm guessing they want a more "JT Like" RB and Lindsay is too small.  

It is odd though.  I thought he was a lock for RB3.

Archived