Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard ranked 18

CR91

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So Shaq is 18,  and Q is 28.    Our two highest ranked players.    And I’m not even a fan of the players top-100. 

And yet, we have people that want these two players to be traded.    SMH…     :facepalm:

Just a note: JT has yet to be announced so not 2 highest ranked lol

35 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Can't wait to see the banners they hang for this. 

22 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its pretty cool but this is kind of like us having the most pro bowlers or whatever it was last year. Doesn't mean anything till we actually win something

Why do you have to be so negative? Just be happy for JT and all the other Colts that made the list

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Very happy for Taylor. Well deserved! Well deserved for all of our players. We had a good number represent this year. 

Yes, but still fell below the average.  100 divided by 32 is 3.125.   So we needed another .125 of a player to be there.  :D

Just now, RollerColt said:

We had 5 though didn't we? Moore, Buckner, Nelson, Leonard, Taylor. 

Oh, my bad.   I thought just Taylor, Leonard and Nelson.   That was just from reading through the thread quickly.  I'm sure you are correct.  

So we are well above average, cool.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Turns out….   Henry was in the mid-teens, and JT was 5!     Taylor was ranked much higher and it wasn’t even close.    

Yeah, I already said I was wrong. I’m surprised , pleasantly 

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

Oh, my bad.   I thought just Taylor, Leonard and Nelson.   That was just from reading through the thread quickly.  I'm sure you are correct.  

So we are well above average, cool.

That was 3 in the top 20

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Why do you have to be so negative? Just be happy for JT and all the other Colts that made the list

Why is wanting to win always perceived as negativity...sorry I dont bask in the sunshine of meaningless lists. Yea it might mean a little something to the players, thats why I said its cool. Does it mean anything to me. Not really.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

im sooooo negative by making a banner joke omg someone call the neg nancy police. he's robbing everyone of their colts joy

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So Shaq is 18,  and Q is 28.    Our two highest ranked players.    And I’m not even a fan of the players top-100. 

And yet, we have people that want these two players to be traded.    SMH…     :facepalm:

One is a guard and the other a linebacker. Yes, they are great, but I would prefer if they were a Dend and say a wr or corner and ranked that high.

31 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

One is a guard and the other a linebacker. Yes, they are great, but I would prefer if they were a Dend and say a wr or corner and ranked that high.

Thanks for explaining that.   If I had $1 for every time you’ve posted that I’d be wealthy!  

:cash:

19 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Parsons being higher is more Cowboys hype lol.

He's over rated. I predicted the 49ers would run all over the Cowboys defence and specifically Parsons last year. He was actually pulled at one point in the game.  He's a one tick  pony and watch teams run right at him this year and the whole Cowboy's D. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks for explaining that.   If I had $1 for every time you’ve posted that I’d be wealthy!  

:cash:

So let me ask u this. It seems like most people on this board are okay with paying say 20 million and making him the highest paid guard. He is ranked 28th on the list. Taylor is ranked #5 and are  those same fans comfortable paying Taylor 20 million a year? Just asking.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So let me ask u this. It seems like most people on this board are okay with paying say 20 million and making him the highest paid guard. He is ranked 28th on the list. Taylor is ranked #5 and are  those same fans comfortable paying Taylor 20 million a year? Just asking.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s no one who is willing to pay JT that kind of money. 

And that’s not how computing salaries works.   Players get comped to other similar type players at position, achievement, age, etc. 

Q will likely get about $20 mill per, making him the highest paid guard.   But the comps on JT are more reasonable (if I can use that term).    So PFF just comped JTs next contract that we will offer next season at 4 years, $65 mill, $16.25m.   Give or take, that’s roughly the ballpark for Taylor.   And it will come as we’re also doing Pittmans deal.   I’d peg the floor on that as 4/72 (18 per) and the ceiling at 4/84, but possibly 3/63,  (21 per). 

Important point:  Those contracts won’t go into full effect next year.   Both MP and JT will still have their 4th year on their rookie contract to play under.   They’ll get their signing bonus,  but the contract won’t really start until 2024. 

4 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Why is wanting to win always perceived as negativity...sorry I dont bask in the sunshine of meaningless lists. Yea it might mean a little something to the players, thats why I said its cool. Does it mean anything to me. Not really.

Wanting to win isn't perceived as negative, this is where people being real negative have it 100% wrong. Being negative is, poo pooing on anything that this team does that is good or great. Are you going to be one of the one's if we beat Houston to say, 'well it's only Houston, we should have blown them out'. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wanting to win isn't perceived as negative, this is where people being real negative have it 100% wrong. Being negative is, poo pooing on anything that this team does that is good or great. Are you going to be one of the one's if we beat Houston to say, 'well it's only Houston, we should have blown them out'. 

I dont think there is many people here who poo poo on good or great things the team does. There is definitely a handful of people who are critical and don't buy into the sunshine mafias blue shaded sunglasses, everything is always rainbows ideals though. 

To be completely blunt this regime hasn't done much that could be considered great. I personally would like to win the division or a playoff game. Sorry but having lots of pro bowlers or players on the NFL top 100 doesn't equal wins and in turn doesn't mean much to me. 

Archived