Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2022

CR91

So I'm picking 10th in my draft in a standard 10 person league. This is constantly what I keep getting in my mocks

QB - Herbert, Lance

RB - Mixon, Chubb, CEH, Hines, Damion Pierce

WR - A.J Brown, Mike Williams, Hunter Renfrew, Hopkins

TE - Dawson Knox, 

D - Ravens, Colts

K - Folk

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

So I'm picking 10th in my draft in a standard 10 person league. This is constantly what I keep getting in my mocks

QB - Herbert, Lance

RB - Mixon, Chubb, CEH, Hines, Damion Pierce

WR - A.J Brown, Mike Williams, Hunter Renfrew, Hopkins

TE - Dawson Knox, 

D - Ravens, Colts

K - Folk

Interesting team. Curious where you are able to draft Damion Pierce. I just did a $25 money league, 12 team PPR with 4 WRs and 2 FLEX spots, and I took him in the 9th round. Super sleeper right now. 

My only two pieces of advice would probably be to try and get some sort of combo with Lance (maybe Aiyuk instead of Renfrow since it's standard), and possibly get rid of a defense for another TE. Just me personally, but unless you have a deep league, there's little point in having more than 1 defense, and this seems like a very shallow league. Having the 2nd TE is a lot more beneficial IMO in case of matchups, bye weeks, and injuries. 

Other than that, nice job! Most people have no idea about Damion Pierce, so I think you'll benefit if you get him.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Interesting team. Curious where you are able to draft Damion Pierce. I just did a $25 money league, 12 team PPR with 4 WRs and 2 FLEX spots, and I took him in the 9th round. Super sleeper right now. 

My only two pieces of advice would probably be to try and get some sort of combo with Lance (maybe Aiyuk instead of Renfrow since it's standard), and possibly get rid of a defense for another TE. Just me personally, but unless you have a deep league, there's little point in having more than 1 defense, and this seems like a very shallow league. Having the 2nd TE is a lot more beneficial IMO in case of matchups, bye weeks, and injuries. 

Other than that, nice job! Most people have no idea about Damion Pierce, so I think you'll benefit if you get him.

So I drafted today and I'm pretty happy with it.

QB - Brady, Burrow

RB - Mixon, Chubb, Montgomery, Damion Harris, Henderson (Brain Robinson IR Slot)

WR - Evans, A.J Brown, Renfrew, Boyd

TE - Ertz, Hurst

D - Ravens

K - Folk

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

So I drafted today and I'm pretty happy with it.

QB - Brady, Burrow

RB - Mixon, Chubb, Montgomery, Damion Harris, Henderson (Brain Robinson IR Slot)

WR - Evans, A.J Brown, Renfrew, Boyd

TE - Ertz, Hurst

D - Ravens

K - Folk

This team is pretty solid. Combos for days here with Burrow, and I also like the Brady/Evans combo. Looks like you are using 1 defense against the Jets that is normally a good defense anyway in the Ravens. Like that. RBs are solid. 

Overall a good and competitive team! Nice job! :thmup:

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This team is pretty solid. Combos for days here with Burrow, and I also like the Brady/Evans combo. Looks like you are using 1 defense against the Jets that is normally a good defense anyway in the Ravens. Like that. RBs are solid. 

Overall a good and competitive team! Nice job! :thmup:

I wasn't trying to go Cincy heavy. It's just how the board fell, but I'm not complaining. I had a choice between Damien Harris and Damien Pierce and I opted for Harris. I get it. BB makes fantasy hell and he'll share with Stevenson, but Pierce has a bad oline and bad defense which is never good for a rookie RB.

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I wasn't trying to go Cincy heavy. It's just how the board fell, but I'm not complaining. I had a choice between Damien Harris and Damien Pierce and I opted for Harris. I get it. BB makes fantasy hell and he'll share with Stevenson, but Pierce has a bad oline and bad defense which is never good for a rookie RB.

I think you made a really bad move choosing between the Damiens. Harris won't even be the featured back in NE. Stevenson is going to get at least 50% of the carries and all of the passing down work. Pierce is going to be the bell cow for the Texans for the most part, and Marlon Mack is now on the practice squad. I could honestly see Pierce being a top 10-15 RB his rookie year fantasy-wise.

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you made a really bad move choosing between the Damiens. Harris won't even be the featured back in NE. Stevenson is going to get at least 50% of the carries and all of the passing down work. Pierce is going to be the bell cow for the Texans for the most part, and Marlon Mack is now on the practice squad. I could honestly see Pierce being a top 10-15 RB his rookie year fantasy-wise.

It's a bad team though and even if they split, Harris is the goal line back

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's a bad team though and even if they split, Harris is the goal line back

Honestly, Pierce is also the goal line back. Just me, but I want the RB with the most carries and the most opportunities. Yes, Harris is on a better team, but I don't think this one is close. GL though, we'll see who is right. 

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, Pierce is also the goal line back. Just me, but I want the RB with the most carries and the most opportunities. Yes, Harris is on a better team, but I don't think this one is close. GL though, we'll see who is right. 

I just think the situation isn't good for Pierce. Getting all the touches on a bad team isn't a recipe for success in fantasy, but that's just my opinion

Fantasy Football Enthusiasts,

I just saw ESPN’s Fantasy Football show…I have been reading the posts on the Forum…my friends were always talking about it but I haven’t heard much anymore from them.

I read your posts but the panel on the show, well, do they read what others have researched for them?

How do you all make your choices?

:scratch:

Ten teams drafted 8th.  Took a chance on Akers bouncing back.  I love that offense 

Qb: L.Jackson, Stafford

RB. Mixon, Akers. CEH,  Hunt

WR. Jefferson, Pittman, Renfrow Claypool

TE  Kittle. Kmet

Defense Colts (I always stream for match ups)

Kicker: Bass

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Ten teams drafted 8th.  Took a chance on Akers bouncing back.  I love that offense 

Qb: L.Jackson, Stafford

RB. Mixon, Akers. CEH,  Hunt

WR. Jefferson, Pittman, Renfrow Claypool

TE  Kittle. Kmet

Defense Colts (I always stream for match ups)

Kicker: Bass

Very good. Lamar I feel like is up and down ever since his MVP season 

I entered a couple live snake drafts through Fanduel. The slate was Thursday's game between the Bills and Rams. They were a three person draft, with everyone selecting three flex players. I didn't go for a quarterback in the first one which was probably a mistake. (One was already taken). Went for Darrell Henderson, Allen Robinson and Gabe Davis. 

Another draft had Matthew Stafford, Stephon Diggs and Darrell Henderson. I might not do well, but both were free, so I won't be out any money. They were mostly for practice, anyway, and it was fun to try it. 

Well, since I did not get a response… this will be my last response on the subject…you all seem to really be into Fantasy Football(FF), and I respect that.

So, I have an idea for future programming on ESPN…

A game show where the FANS take on the panel from ESPN and call it…wait for it…it’s possible…would be better than some of those new game shows on TV…(sorry, Peyton but your show is really dumb)…call it…

“Fans of Fantasy Football Family Feud”:cheer2:

This game show would be more interesting than just watching and listening to a boring panel:grumpy2:

You all have the patience, knowledge,

connections, and experience to do what you do and maybe, someday, see the common fan on TV discussing FF…might even get you a job with an NFL team recruiting :applause::scoregood::banana:

….What, there’s Fanduel and Draft Kings?:facepalm:

Go Fans and Go Colts!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this thread is back.  I've been out for a bit, barely able to do my own research with limited time on my hands. But got a some lineup questions for week 2.  Half PPR

QB: Stafford

RB: J. Mixon, Fournette, CEH, J. Robinson, K. Walker III, McKissic

WR: Chase, M. Evans, McLaurin, E. Moore, Bateman, Golladay

TE: C. Kmet

Don't know if i should keep the bold, or slide in CEH somewhere.  Additionally should i pick up a new TE?  T. Hill, OJ Howard, WIll Dissly, and Gerald Everret are available.  Standard waiver, not FAAB.  

My team scored 150 points for week 1:

QB: Joe Burrow

RB: Aaron Jones

RB: Devin Singletary

WR: Ja’maar Chase

WR: Jerry Jeudy

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Christian Kirk

D/ST: Saints

K: Brandon McManus

Feeling pretty good with this group except for my RBs and the Saints D/ST. I’ve got the Steelers D on the bench (was not expecting them to beat down Burrow like that!) as well as AJ Dillon. 

Torn between putting the Steelers D in since they’re facing a Matt Patricia, Mac Jones-less offense; and keeping the Saints since playing Brady is their Super Bowl every year lol…

DRAFTED:

QB:  Matthew Stafford & Derek Carr

RB:  Melvin Gordon + Cam Akers + Cordarelle Patterson + Rashad Penny  (Added Kareem Hunt in a pre-week 1 waiver wire acquistion) (Dropped Gordon for the Chargers defense before week 2 games) (Added Dontrell Hilliard and dropped Cam Akers)

WR:  Stefon Diggs + Michael Pittman + AJ Brown + Amon-Ra St Brown - Amari Cooper - Courtland Sutton  (Cooper was my drop for Hunt)  (Picked up Jarvis Landry and dropped Sutton in a week 2 waiver pick up)

TE:  Travis Kelce

K:  Evan McPherson  (Picked up Greg Joseph and dropped McPherson in week 2 waiver wire add)

DEF:  Cowboys  (Dropped the Boys and picked up the Steelers)  (Added the Chargers D and dropped Melvin Gordon)

On 9/3/2022 at 9:05 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

So far Pierce has been average, but it's still early. I made a trade today. What do you think?

I got 

Hurts

Diontae Johnson

Traded

Brady

Evans

Montgomery 

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So far Pierce has been average, but it's still early. I made a trade today. What do you think?

I got 

Hurts

Diontae Johnson

Traded

Brady

Evans

Montgomery 

I have a little hindsight based on Diontae tonight. If your league is 4 points per passing td, I love it. Brady is basically useless in that format, and Hurts dominates in the rushing game enough where he thrives in that format. Evans is slightly better than Diontae, and I hate getting rid of Montgomery, but as long as your RB room is good, I don't mind it. Hurts will be a top 5 QB IMO, and you should be trading for elite players unless it's a 14 team league or larger IMO.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have a little hindsight based on Diontae tonight. If your league is 4 points per passing td, I love it. Brady is basically useless in that format, and Hurts dominates in the rushing game enough where he thrives in that format. Evans is slightly better than Diontae, and I hate getting rid of Montgomery, but as long as your RB room is good, I don't mind it. Hurts will be a top 5 QB IMO, and you should be trading for elite players unless it's a 14 team league or larger IMO.

Losing Montgomery to me isn't a huge loss. Sure he gets the bulk of the touches, but the bears offense isn't consistent enough. I still have Mixon and Chubb with Damien Harris and Henderson as my depth. I hated giving up Evans the most honestly. I'm a big fan of his game, but Diontae was good tonight and I picked up Cooper who  someone dropped. Didn't start him though ugh.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Losing Montgomery to me isn't a huge loss. Sure he gets the bulk of the touches, but the bears offense isn't consistent enough. I still have Mixon and Chubb with Damien Harris and Henderson as my depth. I hated giving up Evans the most honestly. I'm a big fan of his game, but Diontae was good tonight and I picked up Cooper who  someone dropped. Didn't start him though ugh.

Picking up Cooper was excellent. It won't help you this week, but it seems he thrives with Brissett, and I'm assuming he'll do well with Watson when he returns in week 12. So as long as you didn't mind losing Montgomery, the upgrade from Brady to Hurts was huge, and you probably improved at WR between Diontae and Cooper. Good job! :thmup:

On 9/30/2022 at 5:35 AM, Narcosys said:

Need 1 RB, 1 WR, and flex.

RB: J. Robinson @Phi, Fournette vs KC

WR: M. Evans vs KC, McLaurin @Dal, M. Hollins vs Den.

Hope you chose Fournette and Evans. :) Fournette being involved in the passing game always comes in handy against teams like KC that plays man coverage on the outside and zone on the inside with occasional blitzing leading to lots of checkdowns.

I’ve given up on fantasy this year. Every week I play someone who’s kicker/RB/defense has some monster game and comes back at the last second to beat me. 

Yesterday my opponent scored 200 on me alone from Ekeler/Kamara/Wentz/Pierce/Dallas Defense. Same story every single week. 

I drafted Najee Harris in the first round and it’s been rough. This weekend I have Pittman starting and my opponent has Alec Pierce. I have George Pickens on my bench and I want to start him. I have tried to move Harris to start Pickens and I cannot. And because of byes I am forced to start Harris at least this week. 

Should I start Pickens over Aiyuk at flex 2 in a full PPR? 

I hate playing a WR and RB from the same offense but I also NEED to win. My opponent has Dionte Johnson starting, and I definitely think Pickens will score far and away more of the receiving points for the Steelers. There’s chemistry between he and Pickett. Johnson… not so much. 

I tend to believe I should, but I also know as soon as I do, Aiyuk will go off for 40 on my bench. Anyone wanna offer a take?

@John Waylon

Tampa Bay does good job of limiting RBs and WRs, at least big plays. But, when QBs have thrown for more volume, they've got enough production for the WRs. 

As in last week, Pickett probably will have to throw a bunch, with a losing game script, and that gives opportunities to both Pickens and Johnson. 

Falcons, on the other hand, were generous to opponent WRs in first 3 games, but seem to have tightened up in last two. Anyway, how much would Jimmy G throw? SF probably will run over falcons, who couldn't stop the running game so far. 

My opinion, Pickett probably will have more volume, I usually follow the volume of chances in fantasy, the more chance you can get, the better opportunities for your guy to get yards or big play or possibly a score. 

I guess, Pickett might still have chemistry with Johnson, he threw at him 13 times to Pickens' 9. I'd say both receivers got fair chances, and if your opponent is starting one, it's better you start the other so you don't miss out on the volume of pass Pickett might be forced to throw. 

Johnson probably gets the underneath catches, and that role would help him in PPR. Pickens is definitely the next guy he throws to, and he's got chances of making contested catches and maybe some big plays. 

On 10/13/2022 at 5:10 PM, John Waylon said:

I also know as soon as I do, Aiyuk will go off for 40 on my bench. Anyone wanna offer a take?

20 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Season 4 Eye Roll GIF by The Office

My matchup headed into Monday Night

stare staring GIF by Mike Diva

^ that’s a live look at me as I contemplate complete fantasy retirement or switching to best ball scoring when if I lose this one…

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

My matchup headed into Monday Night

stare staring GIF by Mike Diva

^ that’s a live look at me as I contemplate complete fantasy retirement or switching to best ball scoring when if I lose this one…

I'm right there with you...

Burrow and Chase both gave me over 30 points each. And then the rest of my players did absolutely nothing so I still lost... 

image.png.310e0511e6033bf7f7cc70b2de356a58.png

How do I fix this mess? 

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm right there with you...

Burrow and Chase both gave me over 30 points each. And then the rest of my players did absolutely nothing so I still lost... 

image.png.310e0511e6033bf7f7cc70b2de356a58.png

How do I fix this mess? 

Jones and Singletary can go off for 30 every week. They will do it like a total of 4 times, and you’ll never know when or where because it will be totally 110% random. 

With Jeudy we just bought at the wrong time. The results should be better, but the mystery that is Denver doesn’t seem to be slowing down. 

Kirk is a guy who burned me with the Cards in previous seasons and I don’t roster him anymore. 

It’s hard to find players with an actual reliable floor in this day and age. It’s part of the reason I’m ready to finally give in and try best ball. I feel like it takes a lot more randomness out of the equation than it adds. Trying to play the matchups when making sit/start decisions rarely makes sense or plays out the way it should anymore. 

I did well in daily fantasy this week. Rhamondre Stevenson, Gabe Davis and Michael Pittman helped. 

Another lineup had Jeff Walker, Travis Kelce and Jets defense along with Davis. Can almost always count on Kelce. I'm disappointed that Buffalo is on a week 7 bye. Gabe Davis has been a stud in fantasy; I'll miss not having him this coming week. 

Archived