Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The conditional 3rd wound Wentz pick

twfish

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

It can be a great reason. . . if they stop coming to games. 

Lifelong cub fan.  One of the reasons cited for so much ineptitude in the org for so long is fans kept coming anyway.

NFL has all that sharing anyway so it doesn't matter as much.   But fan bases to have some power if they quit coming, and buying 15 dollar beers. 

Franchises that make decisions based on what fans want are badly run franchises.   Period.   Honestly.   Seriously. 

If the franchise is well run, fans will reward them.    The Colts are the 4th winningest franchise since 2000.   They’ve built up credibility and trust.   It’s been earned. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A comment like this needs a long response, which I’m NOT going to give.   No upside, and way too much downside.

So, I’ll give the simplest comment….  

There’s recent history here that you don’t know.  

Fair enough.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Franchises that make decisions based on what fans want are badly run franchises.   Period.   Honestly.   Seriously. 

If the franchise is well run, fans will reward them.    The Colts are the 4th winningest franchise since 2000.   They’ve built up credibility and trust.   It’s been earned. 

They lucked into Manning and Luck after being the worst team in the league.

My comment is general.  The Colts aren’t there.  But sometimes it takes a fan exodus to make failing management change direction.  Not run the offense.

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

Oh, a lot of allegations that are clearly covered under our country's laws that he was never punished for, so he ended up being fined by the the NFLs fraternity of owners.  They tend to be a bunch of wimps when it comes to certain allegations, as does Congress.

The NFL' fraternity of owners would have more credibility if the transgressions they punish actually violated the law or went through a similar form of due process instead of usually looking like a kangaroo court where certain allegations rendered by a few people are deemed to have actually happened and the perp has to basically prove their innocence.

But more to the point. It sounds like hasn't been not involved in the day to day operations of the team for a while now, so I don't see why the name Daniel Snyder is even relevant at all, especially to the Wentz situation.  

Interesting. Do you also take that same stance on the Watson situation? 

21 minutes ago, Nickster said:

They lucked into Manning and Luck after being the worst team in the league.

My comment is general.  The Colts aren’t there.  But sometimes it takes a fan exodus to make failing management change direction.  Not run the offense.

I’d hardly call having disastrous seasons “luck” but I think I know what you’re trying to say.  

If a front office is so bad that there’s a fan exodus, then odds are the franchise has been bad for a long time and covers numerous administrations.   It’s rare for a fan base to revolt over just one bad front office.  Fans are usually more understanding and forgiving than that.   And franchises that are typically that bad, it’s an ownership thing.  They hire the wrong front office people, and when those fail they hire more bad front office people.    Wash, rinse, repeat.    

Obviously, there are other factors, but broadly speaking this is how it works for all sports….  NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. 

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

Glad Wentz is gone.  Nothing good was going to happen here, and he either just doesn’t get certain things or is stubborn.  He also seems to lack leadership skills or something.  He played through pain and * poor pass blocking here.

However, he has been made the scapegoat of this franchise and just gets blasted and handles himself with restraint and class.  I really wish our teenage girl of an owner would just quit referencing the dude.  He’s gone.  Just shut up.  Enough already.

Also, I could see Wentz increasing their win total.  He has a howitzer of an arm and will have a much better set of weapons and better pass blocking there, than he had here last year.  They were decent with a guy who was close to not being an NFL player at QB last year.  I don’t think he would work here but he might there.

Don't have anything against the dude but that left handed Pick 6 on the busted screen.  That was a personal insult to me and all football fans everywhere.

I’ve always been impressed by how he handles himself when people rail on him; he always takes the high road, never stoops to insults, always states the positive. Does he have skill and personality issues? Absolutely. Will he improve? Maybe. But he handles himself with class, which I can respect. I wish him well

Archived