Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 13-August 17-Joint practice with Lions

Restinpeacesweetchloe

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s not about talent with this kid. He’s got that. But he’s got the freak injury bug too. Which is my greatest concern with him. My thoughts was if he was having a quiet or mediocre camp, combine with his history, that would make him a possible cut/trade candidate 

I don’t think they’ll cut/trade Campbell based on his history at Ohio St and the fact that he CAN be a burner IF he stays healthy. I do think this year is his last chance though. Another year of IR or missing most of the season will be the end of him as a Colt imo. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I don’t think they’ll cut/trade Campbell based on his history at Ohio St and the fact that he CAN be a burner IF he stays healthy. I do think this year is his last chance though. Another year of IR or missing most of the season will be the end of him as a Colt imo. 

It’s his contract year and the Colts need all the WRs they can get.  You are right they aren’t going to move him.  If he doesn’t work out this year they will just simply let him walk at the end of the season.

41 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s not about talent with this kid. He’s got that. But he’s got the freak injury bug too. Which is my greatest concern with him. My thoughts was if he was having a quiet or mediocre camp, combine with his history, that would make him a possible cut/trade candidate 

Im not a big fan of responding to a post with a mountain if stats, but these are pretty simple and straight forward.   Matt Ryan has 100 completions in 12 practices of 11 on 11 drills.   Thus doesn’t include 7 on 7 or any other drills, just 11 on 11. 

Here’s how the receptions breakdown:

1.   Pittman    30

2.  Granson   14

3.  MAC.         13

4.  Taylor.        11

5.   Hines.       10

6.   Campbell.  8

7.    Pierce.       5

8.   Dulin.         4

9.   Ogletree.   3

10.  Patmon.    1

11.  Coutee.     1

That's 100 receptions.   Campbell is right in the middle of the group.   And 4 of the 5 WRs with fewer receptions are behind him.  PC is NOT having a quiet camp.   This is misinformation and bad analysis.   About 10 days ago fans here were predicting Granson wouldn’t make the 53.   How does that look now?    Could PC get cut?   Sure.  But it’s a long shot.  

Archived