Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 13-August 17-Joint practice with Lions

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Here is a Detroit writer who covered their offense today since we didn’t here much about our defense.

Actually some pretty good info in there.

At least Zaire backed up his pre practice talk. Although I didn't like what he said.

I was planning on watching offensive line vs. defensive line, but quickly my attention was drawn to running backs pass protecting against Colts linebackers.

Per usual with these drills, linebackers typically have a strong advantage here, and at the start of the drill, this was no exception. Colts starting linebacker Zaire Franklin was particularly strong in this drill—and he let everyone know about it. For the rest of practice, Franklin and Jamaal Williams were in each others’ faces.

Pierce is already showing he has excellent hands, that catch where he got Mossed showed how good his coordination and concentration are. Hopefully we have another solid WR weapon next to Pitt.

From the little video I saw of him JT looked extremely sharp, just as explosive as ever.

We might actually have a stud defense for once...fingers crossed

10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Terrible news for Ogletree secures jacobson a P.S. most likely after his solid outing last week. May save Kalinic a bit long then I originally expected BUT probably will be surfing waiver wire for an additional ps TE.

I was honestly expecting us to carry 4 TEs and 5 WRs (MO, Granson, Woods & Ogletree). I think with him going down, if it's anything serious we are going to carry an extra WR now and run with those 3 TEs. WRS would be Pitt, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon and Strachan. 

I think Jacobson going to the PS will happen either way. 

2 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I was honestly expecting us to carry 4 TEs and 5 WRs (MO, Granson, Woods & Ogletree). I think with him going down, if it's anything serious we are going to carry an extra WR now and run with those 3 TEs. WRS would be Pitt, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon and Strachan. 

I think Jacobson going to the PS will happen either way. 

Think Jacobson has a good shot but now a lock. Think they were going to carry 4 te and 6 wr's before now 3te and 6 wr (Coutee not Strachan if hamstring is ok) which bumps rbs from 3 to 4 with Williams now breathing easier or O Line from 9-10 with Wesley French locking in. Hoping no more injuries this weekend.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think Jacobson has a good shot but now a lock. Think they were going to carry 4 te and 6 wr's before now 3te and 6 wr (Coutee not Strachan if hamstring is ok) which bumps rbs from 3 to 4 with Williams now breathing easier or O Line from 9-10 with Wesley French locking in. Hoping no more injuries this weekend.

Can Colts put Ogletree on PUP?

34 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Can Colts put Ogletree on PUP?

They can but seems to be longer injury than that.

Hate to speculate, but when you hear coaches say significant injury, it's not good.

Fully expecting it to be season long. Hope not though obviously.

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not made much of an impact. I’m honestly thinking he’s a borderline cut.

Thanks. I read through the entire 3 pages of this thread and not a single word about Campbell.

I wonder if his hammy is acting up ?

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Parris Campbell is looking like our 2nd or 3rd wide receiver.   I’m surprised this is news to you….

If you say so. But regardless, he’s had a fairly quiet camp and preseason thus far. He’s definitely not our 2, Pierce has that locked down.  3rd? Eh maybe, we shall see. But there is always one surprise cut each year and he’s my guess at surprise cut. 

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Thanks. I read through the entire 3 pages of this thread and not a single word about Campbell.

I wonder if his hammy is acting up ?

I’m not sure there’s been more than 3 entire mentions of Campbell by any media source reporting on camp this far.

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m not sure there’s been more than 3 entire mentions of Campbell by any media source reporting on camp this far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2022/8/12/23302483/thomisons-training-camp-takeaways-wr-parris-campbell-te-drew-ogletree-among-standouts-on-day-10

WR, Parris Campbell

Coming off a hamstring injury, wide receiver Parris Campbell was very impressive and caught the attention of many during Thursday’s practice, catching several passes for solid yardage.

The Colts’ offense has had its fair share of struggles and miscues over the last few practices, but the return of Campbell made a big difference.

Campbell’s had a really strong camp thus far and will look to build on his impressive practices, as he’s expected to get some playing time in Indianapolis’ preseason opener against the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, according to head coach Frank Reich

28 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Surely you’re joking.  Or you haven’t been reading or listening to the reports.  

Parris has been stellar in camp.

Apparently I missed these reports. My bad. I shall eat my crow now

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

Full a bad takes tonight aren't you.

7/28

8/7

8/12

Dates are pretty clear there.

Carry on though. You're doing a great job.

It may be the booze talking haha

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Apparently I missed these reports. My bad. I shall eat my crow now

It may be the booze talking haha

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/07/31/colts-camp-parris-campbell-ashton-dulin-shine-for-sellout-crowd/65387418007/

Heres another good one

For at least one night in training camp, it was easy to see why Indianapolis believes in the potential of Parris Campbell and Ashton Dulin.

Campbell has been one of the highlights of training camp through the first three practices, establishing an instant connection with quarterback Matt Ryan on routes over the middle, and he made a pair of huge plays in front of a packed house at Grand Park on Saturday night.

Blazing through the middle of the field, Campbell got on top of Nick Cross, and although the rookie safety was still in pretty good position, his head was turned away from the quarterback, so Ryan let fly down the field, trying to get the ball to Campbell before free safety Julian Blackmon could come over.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

If you say so. But regardless, he’s had a fairly quiet camp and preseason thus far. He’s definitely not our 2, Pierce has that locked down.  3rd? Eh maybe, we shall see. But there is always one surprise cut each year and he’s my guess at surprise cut. 

Its not that I say so.  Not at all.   It’s what the vast majority of the media is saying.   If there’s a respected member of the media saying he’s a disappointment, I haven’t read that.   You might find a member of our community who thinks that, but I don’t care.  

If you or anyone has a link saying PC is a disappointment,  I’d like to read/hear that. 

Put it another way….   Who are the 5/6 WRs who are better than Parris Campbell? 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Its not that I say so.  Not at all.   It’s what the vast majority of the media is saying.   If there’s a respected member of the media saying he’s a disappointment, I haven’t read that.   You might find a member of our community who thinks that, but I don’t care.  

If you or anyone has a link saying PC is a disappointment,  I’d like to read/hear that. 

Put it another way….   Who are the 5/6 WRs who are better than Parris Campbell? 

It’s not about talent with this kid. He’s got that. But he’s got the freak injury bug too. Which is my greatest concern with him. My thoughts was if he was having a quiet or mediocre camp, combine with his history, that would make him a possible cut/trade candidate 

Archived