Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Cut 5 Players...Speculation Swirls about addition

philba101

Indianapolis' receivers beyond Michael Pittman Jr. didn't step up in the first preseason game. Colts GM Chris Ballard is the most likely win-now decision maker to pull a surprise at the position in the coming weeks. Whether that's in free agency (Odell Beckham Jr.? Will Fuller?) or via a trade, the Colts have plenty of cap space. Frank Reich and Nelson Agholor had time together in Philly, so that could be a match.

Gregg Rosenthal-NFL.com

I have seen Nelson Agholor mentioned by more than one source as potential add for the Colts (If they are indeed looking to add a WR) since he has a relationship with coach Reich....that is assuming he does not make the Eagles Squad. Incidentally, I saw that former Colt Deon Cain caught a pass for the Eagles in their 1st preseason game.

Rookie Lance McCutcheon could be another cut candidate to look at if he does not make the Rams crowded receiving corps.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Who is the 5th?

Maybe they are counting Spriggs as the 5th...but I guess we added Strachan from the PUP list too?

Pulled from little memo, I've been keeping.

Colts 2022:

Cap Space:$12.6m(estimate)

Roster:(under contract; 86 active(1) PUP)

Offense:(42)

QB:(4) Matt Ryan, Nick Foles, Sam Ehlinger, (r)Jack Coan

RB:(7) Johnathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Phillip Lindsey, Ty'son Williams, (r)D’Vonte Price, Deon Jackson, (r)C.J. Verdell,

WR:(11) Michael Pittman Jr, (r)Alec Pierce, Parris Campbell, Ashton Dulin, Dezmon Patmon, Michael Strachan, Keke Coutee, De'Michael Harris, (r)Samson Nacua, (r)Ethan Fernea, DJ Montgomery

TE:(6) Mo Alie Cox, (r)Jelani Woods, Kylen Granson, (r)Andrew Ogletree, Nikola Kalinic, Michael Jacobson

OT:(7) Braden Smith, Matt Pryor, (r)Bernhard Raimann, Dennis Kelly, (r)Ryan Van Demark, Carter O'Donnell, Jordan Murray

OG:(4) Quenton Nelson, Danny Pinter, Will Fries, (r)Josh Seltzner

C:(3) Ryan Kelly, (r)Wesley French, (r)Alex Mollette

Defense:(41)

DE:(7) Kwity Paye, Yannick Ngakoue, Dayo Odeyingbo, Tyquan Lewis, Ben Banogu, Ifeadi Odenigbo, Kameron Cline

DT:(8) DeForest Buckner, Grover Stewart, (r)Eric Johnson, (r)Curtis Brooks, , Chris Williams, RJ McIntosh, Byron Cowart, Caeveon Patton

LB:(9) Shaquille Leonard(PUP), Bobby Okereke, Zaire Franklin, EJ Speed, (r)Forrest Rhyne, (r)Jojo Domann, (r)Joe Skalski, (r)Sterling Weatherford, Brandon King

CB:(10) Stephon Gilmore, Kenny Moore, Isaiah Rodgers, Brandon Facyson, Marvin Tell III, (r)Dallis Flowers, Anthony Chesley, Chris Wilcox, Tony Brown, (r)Marcel Dabo

S:(7) Julian Blackmon, (r) Nick Cross, Rodney Mcleod, Armani Watts, (r)Rodney Thomas, Will Redman, (r)Trevor Denbow

SPT:(4)

K:(2) Rodrigo Blankenship, (r)Jake Verity

P:(1) Rigoberto Sanchez

LS:(1) Luke Rhodes

Other WR cut candidates.  Former Chief, DeMarcus Robinson, was originally signed as a possible starter opposite of Davante Adams, but since camp and preseason, he has fallen out of favor. To start, reports have stated that Robinson has struggled to get open in camp and without the benefit of playing with star players, he has struggled in the preseason.

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/08/16/raiders-surprise-cuts-2022-preseason-gm2/

7 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I am also seeing WR Darius Slayton as a possible cut candidate for the Giants. This is player who started for them at one point.

2 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Other WR cut candidates.  Former Chief, DeMarcus Robinson, was originally signed as a possible starter opposite of Davante Adams, but since camp and preseason, he has fallen out of favor. To start, reports have stated that Robinson has struggled to get open in camp and without the benefit of playing with star players, he has struggled in the preseason.

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/08/16/raiders-surprise-cuts-2022-preseason-gm2/

Chad Beebe was cut. He could be intriguing option. What say you @NFLfan?

1 minute ago, philba101 said:

The big question here is will the Colts be more likely to add a player cut from another team or one of the existing WR FA's that are still lingering out there? Or add nobody at all?

Jury is still out.

Time will tell.

Ballard is always looking at all available options.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think the Colts would like to see some of these young WR's flash in the upcoming preseason game. Since we know the starters will not be playing in the week 2, players like Strachan, Coutee, Patmon, and Dulin should get big minutes and need to show out if they want a shot to be contributors on this team.

Chad Beebe was cut. He could be intriguing option. What say you @NFLfan?

Jury is still out.

Time will tell.

Ballard is always looking at all available options.

1 hour ago, philba101 said:

I have seen Nelson Agholor mentioned by more than one source as potential add for the Colts (If they are indeed looking to add a WR) since he has a relationship with coach Reich....that is assuming he does not make the Eagles Squad. Incidentally, I saw that former Colt Deon Cain caught a pass for the Eagles in their 1st preseason game.

Agholor is on the Patriots after playing the previous year with the Raiders.

Slight correction….  While Aghalor and Reich know each other from Philly, I believe he’s now with New England.   But I’ve read the same thing and I can see that happening around cutdown day….   I can see Slayton as well….   Good catches by you!   :thmup:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Slight correction….  While Aghalor and Reich know each other from Philly, I believe he’s now with New England.   But I’ve read the same thing and I can see that happening around cutdown day….   I can see Slayton as well….   Good catches by you!   :thmup:

You are correct sir! I had the Philly connection on my brain.

2 hours ago, philba101 said:

I thought Deon Cain was going to be a stud after watching him at camp and during the preseason his rookie year.

He's barely hanging around the league.

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I thought Deon Cain was going to be a stud after watching him at camp and during the preseason his rookie year.

He's barely hanging around the league.

I think maybe he wasn't quite the same after his leg injury.

1 minute ago, philba101 said:

Was he injured here?  I don't remember.  I just remember being at camp one day and dude just had a different type of gliding athleticism and then watching a pre season game he made a move that you just don't see many guys make.  I really thought he was going to be good. 

46 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Was he injured here?  I don't remember.  I just remember being at camp one day and dude just had a different type of gliding athleticism and then watching a pre season game he made a move that you just don't see many guys make.  I really thought he was going to be good. 

If my memory serves me correctly, he blew out an ACL in a preseason game for us.

You are correct sir! I had the Philly connection on my brain.

And I forgot Agholor played briefly with the Raiders after Philly and before New England!   
There’s just so much info out there, it’s often hard to keep track of it all. 

Either way, you’re doing a great job with good info in your posts, and it’s greatly appreciated. 

Kemp was 2nd team LG after Spriggs was cut last week when he was 2nd team LG.....I sure wouldnt want to be listed as 2nd team LG anytime soon......just saying. Shocked Murray made it through this round. 

Didnt see the Young cut coming and figured Ford and him were both higher up the pecking order then Vacua,Fernea and recently signed DJ Montgomery.

All 7 rbs made it through,thought one likely Jackson would be cut. 

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Kemp was 2nd team LG after Spriggs was cut last week when he was 2nd team LG.....I sure wouldnt want to be listed as 2nd team LG anytime soon......just saying. Shocked Murray made it through this round. 

Didnt see the Young cut coming and figured Ford and him were both higher up the pecking order then Vacua,Fernea and recently signed DJ Montgomery.

All 7 rbs made it through,thought one likely Jackson would be cut. 

I was shocked on Murray as well. His size is intriguing though.

Ford and Young surprised me a little, at least right now.

Montgomery I thought looked alright out there I was hoping he would make it one more week.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Not me. He did not play much for us. Are you confusing him with Thielen?

Nah, I think it was a couple years ago, when he was trying to make the team. Thought you had some decent words to say about him.

Probably just Trippin though. Lol

7 hours ago, BigO said:

Darius Slayton would be the one to get if he comes available. But I doubt it will happen because Ballard and Reich are happy with the WR room. Here's hoping they are correct.

Why would he become available? Serious question. He seems to be the favorite target of Daniel Jones. I like Slayton very much.

17 hours ago, philba101 said:

Colts media had a whole thing on his recovery so I thought he was a lock but then he got cut.   He seemed so positive and focused.   Hope he makes it somewhere 

17 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yes. They had a whole video or maybe even a series on his recovery.  He really seemed to be doing well 

Here are the players cut so far.

Arizona Cardinals

RB Ronnie Rivers

OL Greg Long

OL Haggai Ndubuisi

DL Kingsley Keke

CB Breon Borders

Atlanta Falcons

TE Tucker Fisk

LB Rashad Smith

DB Tre Webb

P Seth Vernon

Baltimore Ravens

RB Corey Clement

QB Brett Hundley

DB Robert Jackson

WR Devon Williams

DB Denzel Williams

Buffalo Bills

TE Jalen Wydermyer

OT Derek Kerstetter

OG Jordan Simmons

CB Olaijah Griffin

CB Tim Harris

LB Marquel Lee

Carolina Panthers

RB Darius Bradwell

WR Andrew Parchment

TE Nate Becker (claimed by Packers)

OL Wyatt Miller

LB Kamal Martin

CB Devin Jones

CB Chris Westry

Chicago Bears

DL Carson Taylor

LB Christian Albright

LB C.J. Avery

TE Rysen John

LB Noah Dawkins

S Michael Joseph

CB Jayson Stanley

LB Javin White

Cincinnati Bengals

RB Shermari Jones

WR Pooka Williams Jr.

CB Abu Daramy-Swaray

Cleveland Browns

WR Derrick Dillon

DB Reggie Robinson II

Dallas Cowboys

CB Kyron Brown

FB Ryan Nall

TE Ian Bunting

WR Ty Fryfogle

DL Austin Faoliu

Denver Broncos

S Jamar Johnson

RB Max Borghi

WR Travis Fulgham

Detroit Lions

TE Nolan Givan

TE Garrett Griffin

C Ryan McCollum

S Brady Breeze

WR Josh Johnson

Green Bay Packers

K Gabe Brkic

LS Steven Wirtel

C Cole Schneider

CB Donte Vaughn

LB Randy Ramsey 

RB BJ Baylor

LB Ellis Brooks

TE Dominique Dafney

G George Moore

Houston Texans

WR Davion Davis

DE Jordan Jenkins

WR Chad Beebe

LS Harrison Elliott

RB BJ Emmons

DL Damion Daniels

Indianapolis Colts

WR Isaiah Ford

OT Jason Spriggs

OT Brandon Kemp

CB Alexander Myres

WR Michael Young Jr.

Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Jake Luton

RB Matt Colburn II

WR Ryan McDaniel

LB Wyatt Ray

K Elliott Fry

Kansas City Chiefs

CB Lonnie Johnson Jr. (claimed by Titans)

WR Omar Bayless

WR Gary Jennings

OT Evin Ksiezarczyk

Las Vegas Raiders

WR DeMarcus Robinson

DT Vernon Butler

WR Jordan Veasy

Los Angeles Chargers

S Skyler Thomas

WR Maurice Ffrench

QB Brandon Peters

DL Forrest Merrill

C Isaac Weaver

Los Angeles Rams

QB Luis Perez

K/P Cameron Dicker

TE Jamal Pettigrew

T Adrian Ealy

DB Caesar Dancy-Williams

WR Warren Jackson

Miami Dolphins

OL Cole Banwart

WR DeVonte Dedmon

DL Jordan Williams

CB Tino Ellis 

Minnesota Vikings

FB Jake Bargas

OLB Andre Mintze

DL Tyarise Stevenson

WR Thomas Hennigan

CB Tye Smith

New England Patriots

TBA

New Orleans Saints

DT Jaleel Johnson

DB Dylan Mabin

DB Jordan Brown

DB Isaiah Pryor

DL T.J. Carter (claimed by Rams)

DB Jack Koerner

DE Scott Patchan

K John Parker Romo

WR Easop Winston (claimed by Browns)

DB Bryce Thompson

New York Giants

OG Josh Rivas

DB Michael Jacquet

DB Jarrod Wilson

WR Austin Proehl

DB Gavin Heslop

TE Jeremiah Hall

New York Jets

WR Keshunn Abram

DE Tim Ward

CB Luq Barcoo

OL Derrick Kelly

WR Rashard Davis

Philadelphia Eagles

WR Keric Wheatfall

OL William Dunkle (signed with Steelers)

LB Ali Fayad

WR Lance Lenoir

S Jared Mayden

CB Jimmy Moreland

Pittsburgh Steelers

WR Javon McKinley

DT Doug Costin

OT Jake Dixon

P Cameron Nizialek

C Chris Owens

San Francisco 49ers

DL Robert Nkemdiche