Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kenny Moore 82 on the top 100

CR91

22 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

Do you extend him or do you pay Nelson, Pittman and Taylor? I think you don't have the money for all 4 of those guys over the course of the next 3+ seasons. I could be wrong. 

I'm noy extending Moore, at least not right now. Maybe after this season? If he would of held out this year, I would of been on the phone with the Bears.

Definitely paying Nelson, one could argue that franchising him over the next 2 years makes financial sense. Just not how you treat someone that haa came in and changed the mentality of the team. Imagine his extension gets done before the season.

Still on the fence with Pittman as well. WR contracts have got out of control. Hard to let a guy go, when there isn't much behind him though.

I really don't want Taylor to go anywhere, but I am well aware that his extension would be one we could come to regret, as most 2nd contracts for RIbs usually are.

The cap will be going up exponentially over the next 2-3 years though, so we should be able to make it work.

43 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

Do you extend him or do you pay Nelson, Pittman and Taylor? I think you don't have the money for all 4 of those guys over the course of the next 3+ seasons. I could be wrong. 

Or to you cut them all to bring in a “star” receiver?

:monkeydance:

37 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I’m definitely paying those 3 before paying Moore.  Nelson and Taylor are foundational pieces.  I don’t care what others say about paying guards and running backs.  Those 2 deserve to get paid.  Pittman is gonna be a tough call.  He hasn’t shown me enough dynamism to get 20m plus.  He’s gonna have to ball out this year.  Like clearly top 5-10 receiver numbers.  1300 yards and 10+ TD’s.

If Campbell and Pierce both ball out it could make things murkier for Pittman.  Pierce could be his replacement at X and Campbell’s injury history could mean we could keep him on the cheap maybe with an incentive laden deal.  I don’t know what it will cost but maybe we’ll have to franchise tag Pittman?  

Could we try spreading the wealth around and keep Pittman’s number from going to stratospheric so he won’t demand 20m per?  Maybe try to get him at 15-18m or something like that?

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m definitely paying those 3 before paying Moore.  Nelson and Taylor are foundational pieces.  I don’t care what others say about paying guards and running backs.  Those 2 deserve to get paid.  Pittman is gonna be a tough call.  He hasn’t shown me enough dynamism to get 20m plus.  He’s gonna have to ball out this year.  Like clearly top 5-10 receiver numbers.  1300 yards and 10+ TD’s.

If Campbell and Pierce both ball out it could make things murkier for Pittman.  Pierce could be his replacement at X and Campbell’s injury history could mean we could keep him on the cheap maybe with an incentive laden deal.  I don’t know what it will cost but maybe we’ll have to franchise tag Pittman?  

Could we try spreading the wealth around and keep Pittman’s number from going to stratospheric so he won’t demand 20m per?  Maybe try to get him at 15-18m or something like that?

I do think just based on Matt's history he will spread the ball. So if our star RB and Guard or a given, then it falls between Moore and Pittman. 

Pittman is good but not "great" at least not yet. My only concern is that I don't know for sure Ballard knows WRs. Where are our dynamic WRs? Haven't had once since TY. 

12 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Pay the man

They already paid him above his market rate when they gave him his extension. Has he outplayed it, yeah a little, but Colts bet on him early and it's time for him to leave up his end of the deal.

Maybe next year, maybe. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

They already paid him above his market rate when they gave him his extension. Has he outplayed it, yeah a little, but Colts bet on him early and it's time for him to leave up his end of the deal.

Maybe next year, maybe. 

That's kind of how I see it. They did their part and now he's being greedy. He is talented, love him on this defense. 

8 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I do think just based on Matt's history he will spread the ball. So if our star RB and Guard or a given, then it falls between Moore and Pittman. 

Pittman is good but not "great" at least not yet. My only concern is that I don't know for sure Ballard knows WRs. Where are our dynamic WRs? Haven't had once since TY. 

Ballard knows WRs, just tough seeing him pay this updated WR market value. 

Archived