Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tuesday teams cut to 85, who are your 5 cuts ?

holeymoley99

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

Pickett had 2 senior years. 

If not for Covid, his 2021 season would of been in the NFL. 

Pickett was 19-18 through his true senior season. 39tds 25ints through true senior season.

There is no comp in there stats if Pickett doesn't take a 5th year option offered because of Covid. 

Should that count against him, no, but it is a fact. 

Pickett through true senior season

60.4% 7974yds 39tds 25ints sub-130 QB rating 1177 pass attempts

568yds rushing 15 rush tds

54 total TDs

19-18 record

Sam through senior season

62.5% 11,436yds 94tds 27ints 145 QB rating 1476 pass attempts

1903yds rushing 33 rush TDs

127 total TDs

27-16 record

True senior season stats:

Pickett - 9 games 61.1% 2408yds 13tds 9int 129.6 rating(67th in college football)

145 rush yds 8 tds rush

Sam - 10 games 60.2% 2566yds 26tds 5int 150.7 rating(24th in college football)

337 rush yds 8tds rush

Not sure if you missed it, but I did say stats don't mean anything, but it is part of the resume where you said Pickett had much better resume, as well as record.

All this is moot anyway, because the main point of all of this is the hypocrisy of praising Pickett and Willis performances yet down playing Sam's performance this weekend.

Not even saying that is your hypocrisy, as not sure I have seen you say anything about Willis or Pickett outside this thread? Definitely downplayed Sam's performance though. There performance this weekend shouldn't be separated as they were similar situations, playing against 2nd-3rd teamers.

Bottomline is, if not for Covid and a 5th year for Pickett, he was significantly outplayed by Sam in college through their 4 true years of action. 

Did Sam have more talent around him? Yeah I can go along a little, but I would argue that he was also playing against better competition in the Big 12 vs ACC. Outside Clemson in ACC, been a pretty bleak Football conference for a little bit.

And again, if college resumes dictated pro success there would be all kinds of great QBs in the league Starters, backup and 3rd strings.

I'm stressing full resume. Having 2 SR years really doesn't matter, at least to me. Lot's of kids play 5 years, and some even 6.

I'd add that Kenny only really started 2 games (pretty sure due to injury to starter) his freshman year. Had to blow his RS. But I think overall, Kenny started 4 more games than Sam. 

And I'd say the talent level in terms of supporting cast shouldn't be diminished. It's huge. Sam had 4 and 5 star kids all around him. Some years, Pitt didn't even have a single 4 star commit let alone a 5. I follow recruiting, and can remember only one 5 star kid at Pitt (Baldwin). The talent gap between the two is brutal. It's like comparing a top 5 roster in the NFL to a bottom 5 roster. It's just not even close. Pitt overachieved, UT underachieved, relative to the talent/cast. 

On competition level. I think the ACC and B12 are pretty even. Both ebb and flow unlike the SEC and B10. If you look at the latest CFB ranks, here's how the top 25 fills out.

ACC: 4, 13, 16, 17, 19

B12: 9, 10, 11, 18

And ND is a part time member (5 games per year), and they're #5. 

They're both class of 17 kids, but I'd guess if you look back at SoS rank for their years, you'd see years with UT ahead, and years with Pitt ahead. More ebb and flow. 

But overall, no, wasn't one that hyped Pickett. I did predict during the draft he'd start at Pitt by year 2 IIRC... But this week, I said nobody should jump the shark on Sam or Pickett due to PS. 

13 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

If there is a debate on whether or not Sam cuts cut and if we can retain him on the PS I am on the side that it will happen and nobody will claim him.....Matt Ryan and Nick Foles will be on the 53 man, Sam will not....

That's the hope, but if he strings together 2 more games like he just had, it will be tough to get on the PS.

1 hour ago, Bolt Colt said:

A Coltswire prediction: 

TE Nikola Kalinic

DT Caeveon Patton

WR D.J. Mongtomery

OT Brandon Kemp

CB Alex Myres

Link to the article below.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-roster-cuts-prediction-first-players-deadline/

Kemp listed 2nd on depth chart at LG, not saying he is safe because so was Spriggs BUT has a team ever cut 2 second team depth players same position in 1 week ?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/IND

2 hours ago, craigerb said:

At least you're avoiding paper cuts.

Full House Netflix GIF by Mic

Anyway. Think the Colts will take it all the way to the deadline? Question for everyone.

Quite a few claims already, a trade.

You know Ballard is always looking at everything.

Archived