Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 at Bills PS Game (Aug13) - 7 things to watch for (from the Bills)

EastStreet

Have read several articles this week on the Bills. Here's a quick summary of quick hits....

1. Allen will not play if you didn't already know. I that leaves only Keenum and Barkley.
  2. Bill's OL, which was not great to start with, will be without Saffold (probably their best off season addition).
    • Brown is out too (#2 RT), so that means either their starter will play a lot, or a third stringer will be manning the position... 
    • Simply no reason for our DL not to tee off if our starters play. Really, the depth guys should tee off to an extent too.
  3. IF, big IF, but if we see Oliver, Rousseau, Vonn, and/or Esperanza, it'll be a nice matchup/test for our OL. Hope they are in if our starters are in. If not, we just won't have a good eval.
  4. CB battles heating up. Already considered one of the better secondaries, they added an 1st round CB (Elam), and a 6th rounder (Benford). Both look to be in the mix for either a starter role, or at minimum, rotational guy.
  5. Both starting safeties are hobbled, so likely won't play. No reason for Reich not to call some deep shots..... Can't wait for the overreactions if we nail a couple deep go routes. 
  6. WR battles are heating up too. Shakir, one of my mid/late round gems, is pushing for a starting spot. IIRC, he was gimpy this week, so might not see him. But a few other guys like Crowder and Hodges are trying to prove their stuff. 
  7. Cook, their 2R pick (RB) this year, looks to be in the mix for a significant APB role. Dude is fast and strong (Dawg RB). 

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Have read several articles this week on the Bills. Here's a quick summary of quick hits....

1. Allen will not play if you didn't already know. I that leaves only Keenum and Barkley.
  2. Bill's OL, which was not great to start with, will be without Saffold (probably their best off season addition).
    • Brown is out too (#2 RT), so that means either their starter will play a lot, or a third stringer will be manning the position... 
    • Simply no reason for our DL not to tee off if our starters play. Really, the depth guys should tee off to an extent too.
  3. IF, big IF, but if we see Oliver, Rousseau, Vonn, and/or Esperanza, it'll be a nice matchup/test for our OL. Hope they are in if our starters are in. If not, we just won't have a good eval.
  4. CB battles heating up. Already considered one of the better secondaries, they added an 1st round CB (Elam), and a 6th rounder (Benford). Both look to be in the mix for either a starter role, or at minimum, rotational guy.
  5. Both starting safeties are hobbled, so likely won't play. No reason for Reich not to call some deep shots..... Can't wait for the overreactions if we nail a couple deep go routes. 
  6. WR battles are heating up too. Shakir, one of my mid/late round gems, is pushing for a starting spot. IIRC, he was gimpy this week, so might not see him. But a few other guys like Crowder and Hodges are trying to prove their stuff. 
  7. Cook, their 2R pick (RB) this year, looks to be in the mix for a significant APB role. Dude is fast and strong (Dawg RB). 

The most I hope to get out of the game is watching the receiver/TE core and LT. Those r the biggest question marks for me.

Archived