Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

True or not true? Shaq Leonard is another Andrew Luck 2.0 ?

AustexColt

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Latest update from Trend News Sports Dov Kleiman, via Google is that Leonard plans a short absence this season at this point. It could be longer.  What is truly goingn???

Hmmmm.....who said they would have franchised him and never paid him that money and got blasted? Who said he seems emotionally fragile and was called out? Yes....it is all speculation but something just never seemd right bout this guy with al his prove people  wrong and always feeling that he was being slighte by everyone. 

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm.....who said they would have franchised him and never paid him that money and got blasted? Who said he seems emotionally fragile and was called out? Yes....it is all speculation but something just never seemd right bout this guy with al his prove people  wrong and always feeling that he was being slighte by everyone. 

lol...

You admit it's all speculation, but you appear to be taking a victory lap already lol.

He's not slighted by everyone. Most love him. Just slighted by a few vocal draftniks when he was selected (who he proved wrong), a few that's questioned his playing weight (who he proved wrong), and the few guys like you who continually pile on to silly narratives, that are, simply just speculation. 

1 minute ago, Moe said:

I believe he said he had fallen out of love with football last year  but don’t have a link.

He did, did he say he was contemplating retiring? No. The injury and lack of recovery was frustrating, couple with the fact of how the season ended. He has since had surgery to take care of the pain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/27452/indianapolis-colts-lb-darius-leonard-rejuvenated-after-i-fell-out-of-love-with-the-game-in-2021%3fplatform=amp

He actually said this:

"Made me happy, especially with the rush, helping [DeForest Buckner] and [Kwity Paye], adding [Ngakoue] and a shutdown corner in Gilmore," Leonard said. "You think about all the takeaways we're going to have. Stephon is great at tracking the ball. It's a better opportunity for us to get more takeaways. ... We have to have 40-plus takeaways in the season."

Doesn't sound like a guy who is ready to hang it up. Sounds like a guy who is ready to go to war with his teammates.

4 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Here’s more “garbage”. Next time a quick Google search will go a long way for you. Figured most Colts fans would have read these by now.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/darius-leonard-fell-out-of-love-with-football-2021-mental-health-colts

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10035035-colts-darius-leonard-opens-up-about-mental-health-fell-out-of-love-with-football.amp.html

It is garbage when you misconstrue his words.

Kaine didn't ask for a link that says Leonard fell out of love for football. Everyone here knows that happened by now. He asked for a link that said he was contemplating retiring.

Which these aren't, so yes this is garbage.

Did you even go through and read the links you posted?

Leonard said he needed time away from the game.

He took two months to rest and recover -- both physically and mentally.

Now he believes he's in a better place and says he's on the right track with the ankle injury, despite declining to undergo another surgery on it in the offseason.

So yes, more garbage.

And that was even prior to finding the real reason behind the ankle pain.

9 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have to admit, with Leonard, and his injuries, I am begining to wonder

The difference is Leonard didn’t hurt himself snow boarding and then lie to the entire world about his intentions. 

let’s see what happens. Yes, Leonard could quite possibly miss time. And yea, this could also be a career ending surgery. That said, I doubt it. Leonard has different personality and motivation. Leonard is the type of warrior one wants to take into battle. The guy who will give it his all and do what it takes to win 

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

More nonsense

6 minutes ago, Bravo said:

That’s about as close as you can get.

If that is as close as it gets, then yes it is a garbage. 

Even more so when you take his follow up words, in your links, about being in a better place after the season ended. Again, those comments were made prior to him finding out the real reason for the ankle pain in the first place. So he is in an even better place now, just needs to recover from the surgery

Kaine asked for link of Leonard saying he was considering retiring. You follow up with links to 2 articles that doesn't say that at all.

Just your interpretation of what you think it implies. Completely ignoring context later in the same article saying he has already moved past last season and ready to get on the field with these new acquisitions.

15 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Plenty of people were upset at people for saying Andrew Luck was going to retire and look what happened

Apples to oranges.

14 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Hope not.

You sure?

I will leave it there, as I don't want to imply on what I think you mean.

11 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@w87r Like your signature, just noticed it while scrolling through posts:scoregood:

Lol, what is it? I don't even remember? I don't see it when I am on my phone, which is always.

Edit: I changed to desktop view to chexk it out.

Yes, truer words haven't ever been spoken. Well.... Probably have but still a good motto to live by 

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived