Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Jason Spiggs

GoHorse1992

32 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think this shows that French is playing so well at center he has backup locked down so Fries C/G option is now just guard and ahead of Spriggs. At least that's the take I'm getting.

What it means is that Spiggs is not good enough.  Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Based on them wanting so much depth this shocks me. He either has an injury or has been outplayed by others even though he has been the backup RG this whole TC. 

IIRC, if he was injured, they would have to move him to IR/pup, then cut him with an injury settlement. So likely not that.

He was listed as the #2 LG on the depth chart released a few days ago by the Colts. So not sure it was a situation where he was outplayed either. 

The whole thing makes little sense. 

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol....Playoff wins?

What about them?

I think the Colts have a good roster and a mediocre coach. Would keeping the Spriggs guy make them any better?  Would it help them win in the playoffs?  Or you just wanting to question and debate something off topic to be argumentative?  

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC, if he was injured, they would have to move him to IR/pup, then cut him with an injury settlement. So likely not that.

He was listed as the #2 LG on the depth chart released a few days ago by the Colts. So not sure it was a situation where he was outplayed either. 

The whole thing makes little sense. 

It could be that they were doing him a favor.  Maybe it was looking like he was on the bubble and they agreed he’d have a better chance on a less deep roster?

Just speculation.  

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

What about them?

I think the Colts have a good roster and a mediocre coach. Would keeping the Spriggs guy make them any better?  Would it help them win in the playoffs?  Or you just wanting to question and debate something off topic to be argumentative?  

Lol......Well great talent should be able to trump poor coaching.

53 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol......Well great talent should be able to trump poor coaching.

Well I said good so I guess we are talking about different things. The difference between barely missing the playoffs is 1-2 players and 3-5 plays. Good teams miss out every year like the Colts and Chargers did last year. Favorites tend to win the wildcard round but anything after that is a bit of a crap shoot beyond the 2-3 elite teams. If you don’t think the Colts have a good roster, that is fine and understandable.  I think they do and that’s about the end of the discussion for me bc the season is starting soon and we will see how it plays out. 

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It could be that they were doing him a favor.  Maybe it was looking like he was on the bubble and they agreed he’d have a better chance on a less deep roster?

Just speculation.  

IDK. Just weird timing and weird given the depth chart. 

The only thing that would make this all make sense is if we were working on bringing in an upgrade at G this week, or simply needed to clear cash space for Nelson's contract extension (which is rumored to be close this week). 

Archived