Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Access to Colts Games for Fans Outside of Indy

coltsfeva

I don't think I'm allowed to say how I watch Colts games in Europe. 

But generally - the 1PM games - I stream live(ish), the 4PM games I either stream live or watch the next day. The late games - I watch the next day... Usually there are no problems with spoilers but come playoff time I need to be careful with what sites I open the next day before I manage to watch the game cause it has happened that some local sports sites would actually write about the bigger games. 

4 hours ago, dw49 said:

I've had direct tv for ages and it really got expensive . I pay like $240 a month and then around 5-$600 for nil and MLB . Crazy. As far as a "solution" , I don't see it coming. Talk is Amazon is going to pay a fortune for the rights next year. Thus the package will probably be more expensive rather than cheaper. It will probably end up cheaper for those that have direct tv for the sports packages as basic cable is much cheaper with other carriers .

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

I wasn't aware that the NLF ticket "will go to streaming." I don't want to steam either and can you clarify what you mean ? If Amazon has the winning bid , I'm thinking we can buy the package from them and not stream. Am I mistaken ?

Yep it is going streaming, which makes me happy, I hate dealing with Direct TV and I have used the streaming portion of them for the last 5 years. I have a hope that Amazon gets it. 

you would buy the package from them, but will still be streaming online, or somehow. But it should be cheaper, right now the Student version is $120, and it is very restricted how you can get it. With Amazon or Apple or ESPN owning it, they can reach more people than Direct TV and not have the same satelite issues. So i could see them doing everyones at 130$ or so as they will have more people watching it

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm assuming Amazon or whoever gets it will be exclusive. If they work out a way for DTV to still have Sunday Ticket, that would be awesome, but the real money is in exclusivity... 

I think they also know that streaming forces people to watch commercials. The worst part is not being able to pause, rewind, etc.

I saw your follow up, but you can still pause and all, they have the 30 minute recaps instead, you can also, if on a computer, watch 4 games (including redzone) at the same time

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not during live games...

I have been able to pause during the live game and a little rewind on the computer

25 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I’ve been in the St. Louis metro for 5 years, and Chiefs, Bears, and Rams games always take priority on TV. Everyone here hates the Rams now though, so I don’t understand it.

I usually watch at a restaurant if I can’t get it with my antenna. 

I am out there too, UCity. I get Sunday ticket for that reason

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't think I'm allowed to say how I watch Colts games in Europe. 

But generally - the 1PM games - I stream live(ish), the 4PM games I either stream live or watch the next day. The late games - I watch the next day... Usually there are no problems with spoilers but come playoff time I need to be careful with what sites I open the next day before I manage to watch the game cause it has happened that some local sports sites would actually write about the bigger games. 

What time over there is  1 and 4 here?  I live watching Chelsea  and other matches for matches at 630 and 9 in the morning  before football games.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:34 PM, Archer said:

I understand things are set to change on the NFL streaming front in the next year.  I moved to a new area 4 years ago, and Direct TV wouldn’t give me service (too many trees at my house), so I thought I was screwed for the NFL ticket (which was the only legal way to see the Colts live).  But, DirectTV offers the NFL Ticket service streamed to college students (at about half the price we paid as DirectTV subscribers).  My wife entered a two-year masters program that year (2018) and it qualified.  It works great - you’ve gotta have Roku or another streaming service to run the app, but it works.  Since she graduated, they’ve continued renewing us even though she’s no longer a student.  I think they may offer the streaming to everyone next year anyway.  

So your saying I should marry a college student to get the $99 discount.... :thinking:

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Them chicks be streamin bro.  Cables like dial up Internet, VHS tapes, and rotary phones.

Nah man.

These Bull Dawg girls around here won't go anywhere on Saturdays unless they know the place has cable. 

They even call in advance to pubs to confirm. 

Same with the girls in Knoxville for the Vols.

You're hanging with the wrong chicks man. I'm guessing you're hanging with the Bachelorette watcher types lol. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nah man.

These Bull Dawg girls around here won't go anywhere on Saturdays unless they know the place has cable. 

They even call in advance to pubs to confirm. 

Same with the girls in Knoxville for the Vols.

You're hanging with the wrong chicks man. I'm guessing you're hanging with the Bachelorette watcher types lol. 

Thank you Jeeeesusss for Southern girls.  I didn’t factor that in East.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:07 AM, coltsfeva said:

I don’t know if is okay to post this but I signed up for a good deal this year. I got the Premium Plus, which gives me full game and condensed game replays, as well as all (preseason, regular season and post season games).
  Last year, I had Game Pass and could only listen to games and watch replays.

NFL+ premium was a good deal for me ($79.00/season), and I thought I’d pass it along to our fellow out-of-town fans.

Here’s the link:

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more

You can only get regular season games on replay after game is over.

On 8/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, TheMiz said:

It's only live out of market games for the preseason. Still can't do out of market live regular season games unless you get Sunday ticket or illegal means.

That's what I thought. I had Game Pass last year and I got an email two weeks saying I was automatically signed up for NFL+ at the $79 price. I wondered why there was a 20% drop in price. 

Anyway, other than the price, it seems to be about the same as Game Pass.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's what I thought. I had Game Pass last year and I got an email two weeks saying I was automatically signed up for NFL+ at the $79 price. I wondered why there was a 20% drop in price. 

Anyway, other than the price, it seems to be about the same as Game Pass.

I would assume there will be some changes to how it works, If I remember right, coaches tape was a different thing 

Has anyone else watching game pass with a VPN had trouble getting the videos to load? I can't seem to make it work, and the NFL is barely responsive. Feel free to PM me or answer here. I would like to get this corrected before the regular season starts.

Cheers!

On 8/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I have been able to pause during the live game and a little rewind on the computer

Regular season games will be different than preseason games.

But I'm mostly thinking of how the Sunday Ticket streaming experience will be, assuming that's what takes over next season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if pause/rewind/fast forward capabilities exist in that new system, but I'd be willing to bet that it won't be an option.

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

Regular season games will be different than preseason games.

But I'm mostly thinking of how the Sunday Ticket streaming experience will be, assuming that's what takes over next season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if pause/rewind/fast forward capabilities exist in that new system, but I'd be willing to bet that it won't be an option.

the pause is the only thing i know about regarding it

Archived