Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Access to Colts Games for Fans Outside of Indy

coltsfeva

I don’t know if is okay to post this but I signed up for a good deal this year. I got the Premium Plus, which gives me full game and condensed game replays, as well as all (preseason, regular season and post season games).
  Last year, I had Game Pass and could only listen to games and watch replays.

NFL+ premium was a good deal for me ($79.00/season), and I thought I’d pass it along to our fellow out-of-town fans.

Here’s the link:

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more

15 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I don’t know if is okay to post this but I signed up for a good deal this year. I got the Premium Plus, which gives me full game and condensed game replays, as well as all (preseason, regular season and post season games).

NFL+ premium was a good deal for me ($79.00/season), and I thought I’d pass it along to our fellow out-of-town fans.

Here’s the link:

Doesn’t seem to be available across the pond. :dunno:

Only way I can watch the live games is with GamePass Pro subscription (approx. $260/season). 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Doesn’t seem to be available across the pond. :dunno:

Only way I can watch the live games is with GamePass Pro subscription (approx. $260/season). 

I’m curious: although I’ve never been to England, I’ve been to Ireland many times. Would a pub that broadcasts American Football do well, in Europe?

I'm actually from Denmark. :)

I think there are a few sportsbars close to where I live that show a handful of games each sunday, but soccer is by far the biggest sport here. The Superbowl is getting to be a decently big event, for a country where football isn't played professionally, I mean. 

If the NFL keeps sending games to European stadiums it will continue grow in popularity. I think the biggest hurdle with making it a household sport over here is the way the NFL is structured and how players are generally added through the draft - college sports just aren't a thing over here.

I live outside of Indy and used directv Sunday ticket for approx 20 years. Last 2 years I switched to nfl international game pass through Brazil. You will need a VPN but it only costs approx $99 and you get every NFL game (in and out of market). Plus condensed games, coaches film, games from previous years etc…

I understand things are set to change on the NFL streaming front in the next year.  I moved to a new area 4 years ago, and Direct TV wouldn’t give me service (too many trees at my house), so I thought I was screwed for the NFL ticket (which was the only legal way to see the Colts live).  But, DirectTV offers the NFL Ticket service streamed to college students (at about half the price we paid as DirectTV subscribers).  My wife entered a two-year masters program that year (2018) and it qualified.  It works great - you’ve gotta have Roku or another streaming service to run the app, but it works.  Since she graduated, they’ve continued renewing us even though she’s no longer a student.  I think they may offer the streaming to everyone next year anyway.  

Any decent sports bar should have Sunday Ticket for 2022.  My local sports bar is already planning to have the TVs set up to stream the TNF games this year.  That way, they will be all set for the new streaming package for Sunday games in 2023.  I've been going for years and it's fun hearing fans reactions to their games and checking in on the other games during commercials. 

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

It's only live out of market games for the preseason. Still can't do out of market live regular season games unless you get Sunday ticket or illegal means.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I understand things are set to change on the NFL streaming front in the next year.  I moved to a new area 4 years ago, and Direct TV wouldn’t give me service (too many trees at my house), so I thought I was screwed for the NFL ticket (which was the only legal way to see the Colts live).  But, DirectTV offers the NFL Ticket service streamed to college students (at about half the price we paid as DirectTV subscribers).  My wife entered a two-year masters program that year (2018) and it qualified.  It works great - you’ve gotta have Roku or another streaming service to run the app, but it works.  Since she graduated, they’ve continued renewing us even though she’s no longer a student.  I think they may offer the streaming to everyone next year anyway.  

It also works on most smart TVs. I was bummed about losing the student service this year, but was happy to learn that it extends to recently enrolled students. Not quite the deal as current students, but still better than $300

1 hour ago, Archer said:

That is what i do.  I had to have children and wait 18 years for them to go to college and of course pay for the colleges, but $100 for sunday ticket is worth it.  lol.

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

Yes this is fine to post, since it is a legal source and touted by the NFL. 

I have NFL+ Premium. I think it's a good deal since I use it often. They show replays of all games in case you miss seeing it live. I don't mind watching replays if it's an interesting game. 

I formerly had Game Pass and it switched to NFL+ when it was renewed. I had to update my card since it had expired and had the worst luck changing my new information. Kept getting denied and couldn't figure out the reason since everything was provided correctly. I contacted support, and they were very helpful. It took a couple days, but finally got everything straightened out. They kept me updated as to what was going on. Good customer service. 

I'm probably using Hulu. Plus it has movies for the family.

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

Thanks for the info.

I will probably be using Hulu. It also has movies for the family.

2 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I think there are a few sportsbars close to where I live that show a handful of games each sunday, but soccer is by far the biggest sport here. The Superbowl is getting to be a decently big event, for a country where football isn't played professionally, I mean. 

If the NFL keeps sending games to European stadiums it will continue grow in popularity. I think the biggest hurdle with making it a household sport over here is the way the NFL is structured and how players are generally added through the draft - college sports just aren't a thing over here.

I have some friends who just moved to Denmark. I think there's another poster here from Denmark also... or maybe I'm thinking of you??

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the link:

Does this allow you to watch the games live? Or next day only?

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

I have some friends who just moved to Denmark. I think there's another poster here from Denmark also... or maybe I'm thinking of you??

Nice, where did they move to? It’s going to be very different from the US, not necessarily better or worse, but different. :)

Yes, I believe there’s another Dane on the forum

14 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Nice, where did they move to? It’s going to be very different from the US, not necessarily better or worse, but different. :)

They've told me, I don't remember... But one of them was moving back, so they won't be totally surprised.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Out of market games are not live. You can watch local games live though.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I have NFL+ Premium. I think it's a good deal since I use it often. They show replays of all games in case you miss seeing it live. I don't mind watching replays if it's an interesting game. 

I formerly had Game Pass and it switched to NFL+ when it was renewed. I had to update my card since it had expired and had the worst luck changing my new information. Kept getting denied and couldn't figure out the reason since everything was provided correctly. I contacted support, and they were very helpful. It took a couple days, but finally got everything straightened out. They kept me updated as to what was going on. Good customer service. 

I had the same issue with the card (I even tried another perfectly good card), but it finally took. I think it was a glitch on their part.

3 hours ago, TheMiz said:

It's only live out of market games for the preseason. Still can't do out of market live regular season games unless you get Sunday ticket or illegal means.

I saw the word “local” after I bought. Oh well, I can still listen live to all games. In a way, I like how listening allows you to use your imagination. Reminds me of when I was a kid and listened to baseball, football and the Ali Frazier fight.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:23 AM, Bolt Colt said:

Oh No!!! I better check that out! Thanks!

Hulu will only allow you to access whatever local channel is available to your area and it's local games. Not all areas get every local channel.  For this season, at least, the only ways to get out of market access to all games here in the US would be Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, or illegal means like the trick mentioned above or finding feeds online.  Next season it sounds like Apple or Amazon will probably win the Sunday Ticket rights so that will make it easier for most people with a decent internet connection to access.  Biggest drawback is the latency though.  I know I'd be talking with a buddy during games last year while I was streaming and I'd be a good 10-30 seconds behind his cable broadcast.  I'd also get phone notifications on touchdowns or big plays before I'd see them on my TV.

1 hour ago, BlondeBabe said:

My friend in Cape Town would like to stream this week's preseason game.  Anyone know if that's possible.  TIA. 

Not sure if NFL+ is available there, but if it is then either tier of the service should allow them to view all out of market pre-season games.  Regular season would be radio broadcast only.  They might also have access to NFL International Game Pass which is basically a streaming version of Sunday Ticket and would get them all games for both preseason and regular season.

18 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Hulu will only allow you to access whatever local channel is available to your area and it's local games. Not all areas get every local channel.  For this season, at least, the only ways to get out of market access to all games here in the US would be Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, or illegal means like the trick mentioned above or finding feeds online.  Next season it sounds like Apple or Amazon will probably win the Sunday Ticket rights so that will make it easier for most people with a decent internet connection to access.  Biggest drawback is the latency though.  I know I'd be talking with a buddy during games last year while I was streaming and I'd be a good 10-30 seconds behind his cable broadcast.  I'd also get phone notifications on touchdowns or big plays before I'd see them on my TV.

Thanks for the info!

On 8/10/2022 at 2:13 PM, MikeCurtis said:

After 22 years with Direct TV, I have cut the cords

I went to bars last  year.......  to catch the Colts play....  :(

Would rather pay streaming fees (My kids have finished college)

But hope they have a solution at some point

I've had direct tv for ages and it really got expensive . I pay like $240 a month and then around 5-$600 for nil and MLB . Crazy. As far as a "solution" , I don't see it coming. Talk is Amazon is going to pay a fortune for the rights next year. Thus the package will probably be more expensive rather than cheaper. It will probably end up cheaper for those that have direct tv for the sports packages as basic cable is much cheaper with other carriers .

23 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I've had direct tv for ages and it really got expensive . I pay like $240 a month and then around 5-$600 for nil and MLB . Crazy. As far as a "solution" , I don't see it coming. Talk is Amazon is going to pay a fortune for the rights next year. Thus the package will probably be more expensive rather than cheaper. It will probably end up cheaper for those that have direct tv for the sports packages as basic cable is much cheaper with other carriers .

Watching live sports on streaming isn't enjoyable for me. There's a lot of control that's surrendered, and more room for issues -- buffering, dropped connection, glitches coming back from commercial, etc. I hate that Sunday Ticket is going to streaming.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Watching live sports on streaming isn't enjoyable for me. There's a lot of control that's surrendered, and more room for issues -- buffering, dropped connection, glitches coming back from commercial, etc. I hate that Sunday Ticket is going to streaming.

I wasn't aware that the NLF ticket "will go to streaming." I don't want to steam either and can you clarify what you mean ? If Amazon has the winning bid , I'm thinking we can buy the package from them and not stream. Am I mistaken ?

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I wasn't aware that the NLF ticket "will go to streaming." I don't want to steam either and can you clarify what you mean ? If Amazon has the winning bid , I'm thinking we can buy the package from them and not stream. Am I mistaken ?

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I just researched it and you are correct. Steaming looks to be the deal for 2023

12 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm assuming Amazon or whoever gets it will be exclusive. If they work out a way for DTV to still have Sunday Ticket, that would be awesome, but the real money is in exclusivity... 

I think they also know that streaming forces people to watch commercials. The worst part is not being able to pause, rewind, etc.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:20 PM, Solid84 said:

yeah theirs no draft in soccer either. I'm big soccer fan, and had friends from Barcelona and was surprised how nakedly capitalist player acquisition was in Europe, no attempt at equity like over here.  

Over here in football the draft, etc. is as interesting for many as the games themselves are.

Over there in soccer, most of the best players have been playing in someone's club since before they had a hair between their legs.  And players are just straight up bought. 

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

there's ways boys.  Just get a reconditioned laptop you don't care about lol.  HDMI cable and your set.   You need great internet though.

LOL, getting it on the TV isn't difficult. If it's on Amazon or Apple, they have smart apps that will work much better than the laptop setup. As for the Internet, even the greatest connection will have hiccups from time to time -- usually when it's the most inconvenient. 

I have no problem with streaming content, in general. It's live sports where it drives me crazy. 

Here's how I watch Colts games. I'm in Pacific time zone, so usually the game starts at 10AM. I set the game to record. Then I watch Red Zone for about 30 minutes, maybe longer. Then I switch over to my recording of the Colts game, and I fast forward through commercials, I pause for bathroom/snack breaks, I rewind for replays, highlights, or just because... I'm in control. I can usually blow through half time with no commercials.

Also, I'm a family man so my Sundays can be busy and I don't always watch the game live, or maybe I'll miss the first hour. But I can watch the game on my terms, when I'm ready.

If this goes streaming exclusive, I won't be able to watch the games this way anymore. Sure there will be on-demand offerings that I can watch later on. But it's going to cramp my whole style.

39 minutes ago, Nickster said:

yeah theirs no draft in soccer either. I'm big soccer fan, and had friends from Barcelona and was surprised how nakedly capitalist player acquisition was in Europe, no attempt at equity like over here.  

Over here in football the draft, etc. is as interesting for many as the games themselves are.

Over there in soccer, most of the best players have been playing in someone's club since before they had a hair between their legs.  And players are just straight up bought. 

Yup, I like the NFL approach because it at least tries to even the playing field and give every team an equal chance to get to that game.

Soccer is all about money. That's why you see Russian Oligarchs and Middeleastern Sheiks with their own soccer teams just buying top 100 players left and right. It's disgusting.

48 minutes ago, Superman said:

LOL, getting it on the TV isn't difficult. If it's on Amazon or Apple, they have smart apps that will work much better than the laptop setup. As for the Internet, even the greatest connection will have hiccups from time to time -- usually when it's the most inconvenient. 

I have no problem with streaming content, in general. It's live sports where it drives me crazy. 

Here's how I watch Colts games. I'm in Pacific time zone, so usually the game starts at 10AM. I set the game to record. Then I watch Red Zone for about 30 minutes, maybe longer. Then I switch over to my recording of the Colts game, and I fast forward through commercials, I pause for bathroom/snack breaks, I rewind for replays, highlights, or just because... I'm in control. I can usually blow through half time with no commercials.

Also, I'm a family man so my Sundays can be busy and I don't always watch the game live, or maybe I'll miss the first hour. But I can watch the game on my terms, when I'm ready.

If this goes streaming exclusive, I won't be able to watch the games this way anymore. Sure there will be on-demand offerings that I can watch later on. But it's going to cramp my whole style.

So do you stay off the news and social media and stuff?  I don't mind watching games later, but I don't want to know what happened.

My brother his kids and my sons usually do the family thing watching the Colts games.

But my kids are teens.  When they were younger I kinda left the house if it was getting wild.  We do what we call sports bar.  We put usually the Pack game on the another TV in the family room cause somehow my youngest the little rebel is a Pack fan, then we use another TV for a game that is most relevant to most of our fantasy teams, and 2 or three laptops with other games.  

31 minutes ago, Nickster said:

So do you stay off the news and social media and stuff?  I don't mind watching games later, but I don't want to know what happened.

My brother his kids and my sons usually do the family thing watching the Colts games.

But my kids are teens.  When they were younger I kinda left the house if it was getting wild.  We do what we call sports bar.  We put usually the Pack game on the another TV in the family room cause somehow my youngest the little rebel is a Pack fan, then we use another TV for a game that is most relevant to most of our fantasy teams, and 2 or three laptops with other games.  

Yeah I usually don't check until I get caught up. Sometimes I'll see a play or a sequence on Redzone, but not too often.

I'm usually solo at the house on Sunday mornings. If I have friends over we can get a couple screens going. 

Archived