Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 9 August 10th

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Way too many drops these last two practices for my liking.  If this trend continues in the preseason Ballard won’t sit still.  He will make a move.  He has hinted at that already this training camp.  The OBJ talk could easily turn into a real story if our receivers keep dropping passes.  Ballard and the team is all in.  We all know that.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Way too many drops these last two practices for my liking.  If this trend continues in the preseason Ballard won’t sit still.  He will make a move.  He has hinted at that already this training camp.  The OBJ talk could easily turn into a real story if our receivers keep dropping passes.  Ballard and the team is all in.  We all know that.

He just said on the interview he needs to see them with live bullets. You can bet we will go get a vet if this continues Saturday.

8 minutes ago, ruf said:

whos's droping the ball? i know HInes had one drop

Dulin had the dropsies on Monday (though he’d been great all camp before that).  Pierce has been dropping a lot all TC.  I’m not sure who was dropping today…

17 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Tomorrow if you noticing me not posting all the tweets feel free to post them. I should be ok but my mom tested.positive for Covid and pretty sure I have it.  I am exhausted and have a huge headache. 

big headache for me about 3 weeks ago.  Mild to moderate fatigue for quite a few days, and early on night sweats that kept me up.  BA5 symptom.   Mild pain in the * cold symptoms.  Not fever just sweating.

For me it was more of a pain in the * that lingered for a couple weeks after a day or two of moderate flu/cold symptoms.  Never measured a fever. 

50 year old fat dude that works out pretty hard BTW.

40 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Everyone was against signing Julio while he’s out here burning Miami defenders in practice. Meanwhile, somewhere in Indiana, balls are being dropped constantly in practice. 

I am still happy we didnt sign him. It seemed like one an issue between him and Ryan and two he keeps having injury concerns

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I like this. I'm not a 'run them into the ground' kind of person, and I think some of the old school camp practices are pointless. But this right here strikes me as training, discipline. 

First, 'only noise is a whistle' means no one is enjoying this. No chatter, just getting it done. The tone has been set.

Second, the Colts have lost eight straight season openers. I think this is the third longest streak in NFL history. We come out flat, soft, unprepared, not focused, and wind up 0-1 (or worse), and then spend weeks clawing out of a hole we dug, often against mediocre competition. They need to be ready when the lights come on a few weeks.

So there were a bunch of words after the rough ending to the season. Irsay had words, Ballard was upset, Reich was disappointed, fans were rabid, some said it was all lip service and nothing would change, others said Wentz was being thrown under the bus, etc. Well Wentz is gone, and the guys that are here are still being held to a higher standard, with full knowledge that a) we have to start better, and b) we have to finish stronger. Camp is not just a time to have fun and practice some plays before the season starts. It sets the tone for the entire season.

I don't know what's going to happen in Week 1, but from my vantage point, it feels like the heat is turned up just enough, and the decision makers are doing what they can to get the best from their players. I hope it pays off.

20 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

So I guess it would only make sense to bring in an older, injury prone , high priced receiver . Yep...makes sense.

Apparently that older, injury-prone receiver was better than any receiver on our team last year not named Pittman. 

Not the best to hear that the team is having an off day. Nothing can go straight up without falling flat on its face. Up and downs sounds like progression. Hopefully they are ready to get a win in Houston this year and we can quell the week 1 loss streak. I imagine that having Ryan play this preseason is due to them wanting to start fast this year. Over and over we've started out with losses and I think that it ends this season. 

(side note: excited to see Marlon Mack. I wonder what kind of game he will have against us)

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Not the best to hear that the team is having an off day. Nothing can go straight up without falling flat on its face. Up and downs sounds like progression. Hopefully they are ready to get a win in Houston this year and we can quell the week 1 loss streak. I imagine that having Ryan play this preseason is due to them wanting to start fast this year. Over and over we've started out with losses and I think that it ends this season. 

(side note: excited to see Marlon Mack. I wonder what kind of game he will have against us)

I saw the Texans RB depth chart and he is actually the number one back. Good for him.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I saw the Texans RB depth chart and he is actually the number one back. Good for him.

It'll be between him and Dameon Pierce. I'm guessing there will be some sort of RB by committee between the two.

BTW, thanks for the updates! Despite the bad day by the offense, I appreciate you putting in the effort considering your situation today. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I'm not surprised at all. Mack is a very talented RB. 

Rushing yards: 2,484

Receiving yards: 448

Rushing average: 4.4 (nothing to be ashamed of here)

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Everyone was against signing Julio while he’s out here burning Miami defenders in practice. Meanwhile, somewhere in Indiana, balls are being dropped constantly in practice. 

I 100% wanted Julio because of his chemistry with Ryan. It was and still is Hilton I don't want.

20 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Tomorrow if you noticing me not posting all the tweets feel free to post them. I should be ok but my mom tested.positive for Covid and pretty sure I have it.  I am exhausted and have a huge headache. 

Get better! My family is now on our 4th round of getting sick from it... My wife and son have fevers and flu symptoms, while my daughter and I have headaches and sore throats. It's the song that never ends...

3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

He hasn't played one good game for them yet. Send him some flowers.

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He hasn't played one good game for them yet. Send him some flowers.

And yet, if Julio was dominating in practice for us, you'd be making positive posts about how Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have chemistry back from their Atlanta days, and he's the veteran presence this offense needs. The only reason you are bashing Julio is that Ballard didn't sign him, and like a large amount of Colts fans, if Ballard has an opinion about something or someone, then you (or that part of the fanbase) will automatically adopt that viewpoint as your opinion. 

Not singling you out in particular, but it's frustrating how certain people base their personal opinion solely on what a GM or coach thinks.

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Apparently that older, injury-prone receiver was better than any receiver on our team last year not named Pittman. 

They haven’t even played a pre-season game yet.  Get back to me in January and we can see who was better.  Even then it’s not a sure thing Julio wanted to come here.  There has been a lot of speculation that him and Ryan have issues and if that’s true it might not have mattered if the Colts wanted him or not.  

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They haven’t even played a pre-season game yet.  Get back to me in January and we can see who was better.  Even then it’s not a sure thing Julio wanted to come here.  There has been a lot of speculation that him and Ryan have issues and if that’s true it might not have mattered if the Colts wanted him or not.  

Sure. I’ll do that. 

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

And yet, if Julio was dominating in practice for us, you'd be making positive posts about how Matt Ryan and Julio Jones have chemistry back from their Atlanta days, and he's the veteran presence this offense needs. The only reason you are bashing Julio is that Ballard didn't sign him, and like a large amount of Colts fans, if Ballard has an opinion about something or someone, then you (or that part of the fanbase) will automatically adopt that viewpoint as your opinion. 

Not singling you out in particular, but it's frustrating how certain people base their personal opinion solely on what a GM or coach thinks.

Sorry, i thought TN. was desperate and making a bad bet signing him last season. Just like i thought the same for us signing TY. 

So one year later, it is a worse bet. IMO. 

BTW, clearly CB has a group of people that evaluates talent contributing to his final decision. And they hear things we don't.

I think our evaluators and coaching staff have a job to do, and it is a waste to out evaluate them from where we sit. CB said Julio was not on their board in the end. I'm not AT ALL surprised.

We have very promising, inexpensive, young players to develop. And for us to compete with the best, we must have at least 35-40 lower salaried players.

Win, lose, or draw, i am very confident that i am going to enjoy watching our imperfect Colts battle this season. 

A couple seasons ago i had few individuals that i felt connected to. 

NOW, i'm pumped about every position, and can foresee big things.

Old goat, worn out Julio, who the ____ is that?

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sorry, i thought TN. was desperate and making a bad bet signing him last season. Just like i thought the same for us signing TY. 

So one year later, it is a worse bet. IMO. 

BTW, clearly CB has a group of people that evaluates talent contributing to his final decision. And they hear things we don't.

I think our evaluators and coaching staff have a job to do, and it is a waste to out evaluate them from where we sit. CB said Julio was not on their board in the end. I'm not AT ALL surprised.

We have very promising, inexpensive, young players to develop. And for us to compete with the best, we must have at least 35-40 lower salaried players.

Win, lose, or draw, i am very confident that i am going to enjoy watching our imperfect Colts battle this season. 

A couple seasons ago i had few individuals that i felt connected to. 

NOW, i'm pumped about every position, and can foresee big things.

Old goat, worn out Julio, who the ____ is that?

Vine Ok GIF

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I 100% wanted Julio because of his chemistry with Ryan. It was and still is Hilton I don't want.

TY had a decent year last year for a #3 receiver. 23 catches, 14.4 per reception, 3 TDs and 62.2% catch percentage. This is with Wentz, who ignored other receivers to throw to Pittman in traffic.

Don’t know if they’ll sign him but we could do worse than TY.

7 hours ago, Archer said:

Dulin had the dropsies on Monday (though he’d been great all camp before that).  Pierce has been dropping a lot all TC.  I’m not sure who was dropping today…

Remember Chase for the Bengals last year in camp? He couldn't catch anything. People were calling him a bust before the season began.

49 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Remember Chase for the Bengals last year in camp? He couldn't catch anything. People were calling him a bust before the season began.

Yep. Sometimes players think about it too much during camp and practice. Almost as if they're too focused to the point they don't trust their own instincts and muscle memory. Then you get to game day and with so many other things happening, it all just clicks. 

I do remember the Bengals fans (myself included) being nervous for Chase. Most of us didn't see him as a bust, but we sure weren't expecting him to have a season like that in the beginning! I figured it would take him a few years to figure it out, not a few games, heh...

Archived