Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roquan Smith to the Colts?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10044812-roquan-smith-requests-trade-bears-refused-to-negotiate-contract-in-good-faith

No I’m not leaking any sources saying it’ll happen, but it may be a smart move to get Smith as Leonard is dealing with injuries and we could use another top LB to go along with Shaq and Bobby. 

I would at least call Chicago to see what it would cost to trade for LB Roquan Smith. He just requested a trade. Then when Leonard does come back the Colts have a nasty trio of LBers. I would maybe offer up a 2024 2nd or 3rd. We may need the high picks in 2023 to trade up for a longterm QB. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

This isn’t happening.   For way more reasons than can be counted.   Sorry. 

He's going to require being paid a handsome amount of money. I mean he said it himself that he wants to help other LBs around the country with a deal. 

Yeah no chance. It’s very rare that Ballard gives up high draft capital and money on a player (Bucker is the only one that comes to mind). Plus there’s no chance we’d be able to have two of the highest paid LBs in the league on our roster. We don’t have the cap space for that.

Archived