Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very important! When do you guys/gals expect Shaq back?

2006Coltsbestever

Very important! When do you guys/gals expect Shaq back?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Very important! When do you guys/gals expect Shaq back?

• On Opening day
    • Week 2
    • Week3
    • Week4
    • Sometime after Week 4 but he will be back
    • He will miss the season

25 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I seems he needs to rebuild calf strength - if that takes more than a month something is off. 

I voted opening day. 

I think because of what happened to Luck, some are skeptical and I actually can see why. I will still stay positive unless I hear there is a major setback. I just don't see this anything like Luck's situation.

Honestly... no idea! The more time passes the less optimistic the expectations seem to be. Now, today there seems to be some noise about him missing games. And at the same time all the noises on his recovery seem to be very optimistic about the long-term outlooks. I have no idea what to think. At this point I expect him to miss some time. 

I voted and am hoping for opening day but our staff has never been good about honesty and being right with timelines. He said he feels better which is good so hopefully it’s all precautions. He doesn’t need to mess with much preseason imo. 

As soon as they said 'neck surgery,' I assumed he'd be out at least 4 games, maybe 8 or longer. I'm not reacting to this latest 'report,' this is just what I expected when he had this operation. And then the staff said that there is no timeframe for his return, and I felt like that was confirmation that he wouldn't be back any time soon. 

It is what it is. Players get hurt, sometimes they miss an extended period of time before they're ready to come back. I'm not going to freak out over every little piece of information that gets tossed around. He'll come back when he's ready.

3 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

He is done...

will retire the day before the season starts, 

has lots of money, screw a bunch of Colts...

Lol. Honestly, I don't think the Colts would miss a beat. Lbs to me are not an integral part of this D. We need the front 4 to dominate. If they play like a top 5 unit everything else will fall into place. I have a lot of faith in the secondary. So the D line and secondary should be fine. The lbs can fill in the blanks.

Man, these doctors are something else! Why didn't they figure this out a long time ago?

I have a weird feeling that Darius Leonard is going to take longer to come back than any of us would like. I hope I'm wrong, but this talk of "it's a minor procedure, and they expect him back before the season" to "there's no definitive timetable for his return" is  cause for concern. 

I bet he misses a handful of games.  I voted Wk4.  The fact that he’s watching TC in jeans at this point, rather than working to the side or being elsewhere with trainers…well, that’s not a good sign.  Then, someone says “We expect him back at some point in the season.”    Hard to find a reason for optimism on this one…

No clue. But I don't think his return is important for the first two weeks. We should win with or without him.

Who knows, but if I had to bet, I'd bet he's back by week 3 or sooner. He won't need much time to catch up once he's cleared. 

On 8/9/2022 at 10:51 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol. Honestly, I don't think the Colts would miss a beat. Lbs to me are not an integral part of this D. We need the front 4 to dominate. If they play like a top 5 unit everything else will fall into place. I have a lot of faith in the secondary. So the D line and secondary should be fine. The lbs can fill in the blanks.

Not really a great take lol. LBs are probably more important in this scheme than in Flus's due to the assumed increased level of 1 gapping. More 1 gapping from the DL means more instances of RBs hitting an unfilled hole. And that means the need or opportunity for LBs to clean up on the second level increases. 

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

No clue. But I don't think his return is important for the first two weeks. We should win with or without him.

I would love to be in agreement, but we haven't won an opening game for 9 years and have not won at the Jags in 8 years.   That's enough not to take the games for granted.  We could be 0-2 to start the season.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, Myles said:

I would love to be in agreement, but we haven't won an opening game for 9 years and have not won at the Jags in 8 years.   That's enough not to take the games for granted.  We could be 0-2 to start the season.

Gotta break those bad habits at some point. There's really never an excuse for losing to super-bad teams. 

The opening losses have been to various teams. Losing at Jax though, as bad as they've been, is just flat out embarrassing. Outcoached.... 

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Gotta break those bad habits at some point. There's really never an excuse for losing to super-bad teams. 

The opening losses have been to various teams. Losing at Jax though, as bad as they've been, is just flat out embarrassing. Outcoached.... 

I don't think coaching will be a problem this year playing in Jacks, Matt Ryan will take care of it.

Archived