Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Every concern I have, they also see. Time to watch preseason games very closely

Rhodelesstraveled

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tee Higgins nor Boyd is better than Pittman. Both are good but not better than Pittman. Higgins and boyd are better than our 2 and 3, I can agree with that. If Cincinnati's O.Line doesn't protect Burrow none of it will matter because Burrow will get injured again. I read your comment saying Herbert was within reach, how so? He went 6th and the Chargers needed a QB so they weren't trading that 6th. Realistically we had no chance to get him. Remember you wanted Jordan Love lol.

You will never have a chance unless you try. Teams trade up for QBs all the time. We had pick no. 13 before we traded it. This is a relatively easy jump to get a QB. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I love your Homer GIF's, continue to use them now and always! :thmup:

Yeah he gets me in a good mood, he is a funny dude that is for sure. That is the only animation show I watch. I have seen a few others but not into them in reality but Homer is just flat comical, especially his GIF's. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

You will never have a chance unless you try. Teams trade up for QBs all the time. We had pick no. 13 before we traded it. This is a relatively easy jump to get a QB. 

I just don't think the Chargers give that pick up and how do we know that Ballard didn't try? Chargers needed a QB badly with Rivers leaving.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:01 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Time for board homers to discuss reality.  I'm concerned.  Watch it and tell me why you think these guys are wrong.  I think their critiques on our team are spot on.  Now that we know Leonard maybe out longer than we all thought I'm more concerned. 

My simple analysis: If you look at what the Colts offense did last year and substitute Matt Ryan, their in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't think the Chargers give that pick up and how do we know that Ballard didn't try? Chargers needed a QB badly with Rivers leaving.

You didn't need to trade with the Chargers. There were 5 teams ahead of them and 3 of them didn't pick a QB. 

Football in a lot of ways is a crapshoot. A big gamble. We could roll with Matt Ryan for 3 years and possibly win a SB because of it by gambling. Hypothetically we can draft someone like a Herbert or Allen and have the guy for 15 years and never win a SB. Nothing is a guarantee. Brees and Rodgers have only won 1 and have played forever. Marino won 0. Peyton only got us 1 in 13 seasons. I like our win now approach because I feel like our roster is good and with a good QB we have at least a chance to win it all now. There are not Andrew Luck's out there, for as many Luck's, Allen's, and Mahomes out there you have your Ryan Leaf's, JeMarcus Russell's, Marcus Mariotta's, Baker Mayfield's, Josh Rosen's, Sam Darnold's, and Jordan Love's out there. QB's that once went 1 and 2 in the same draft back in 2016 = Goff/Wentz, they aren't winning a SB either.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you would take Tee Higgins over Pittman straight up. That is interesting.

I'd consider it .  He's a stud, and is more diverse than Pittman.  Not sure if I'd make the move, but I think Higgins is every bit the player Pittman is.  I think Higgins would have produced more than Pittman last year in the same situation. I really liked what I saw of Higgins last year. 

But I do like that we have a guy in Pittman who is really good at the tough yardage and inside routes, and has the body type to take punishment.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Happens all the time.    To a good number of teams in the pre-season, including the Colts, not just under Reich, but I believe under Pagano as well.   

It's typically how it's done. For example, Bucs/Dolphins practicing together this week, and will play each other this weekend. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Happens all the time.    To a good number of teams in the pre-season, including the Colts, not just under Reich, but I believe under Pagano as well.   

Huh, I wonder what the idea is behind that?  Do you know?

Seems like you wouldn't to play a game v. a team you practiced against all week, but there must be good reasons for it.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, Nickster said:

Huh, I wonder what the idea is behind that?  Do you know?

Seems like you wouldn't to play a game v. a team you practiced against all week, but there must be good reasons for it.

I think most NFL joint practices are between teams that are about to play in the preseason because the visiting team is going to have to travel anyway and it's just easier and more efficient logistically. It's a big travel party - well over a hundred people with players and staff - with a lot of equipment to transport. 

19 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

I do worry about Parris Campbell's hamstring...it's just a broken record , but I'm sure he'll play through it hurt since he did do 7 on 7's on Wednesday.  Should he rest out of pre-season games?  He has a month to let it heal.

If he has any hamstring tears ,  he shouldn’t Be doing anything but therapeutic activities.  They’ve surely given him and MRI and seen that’s not the case if he’s playing 7s.

it was extremely hot and humid when it happened and tightness can be the result of cramps and soreness can result from that. In that case it’s a how do you feel thing.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am known as a huge optimistic and I don't even predict us to go to the SB or win the SB. I do have us making the AFC Title Game and winning 11 games but that IMO is reasonable if we are focused and play our A game most games. If we make the SB or win it, we need luck to do so like Cincy had last year just making it.

If I had to put a % on how our season will go (remember this is if we are healthy in key area's), I would say:

10% chance of winning the SB

20% chance of winning the AFC

50% chance of making the AFC Title Game (big jump)

60% chance of winning the Division - which will more than likely happen

Big Colts fan here, but that’s not even close to what the betting odds will be or should be.

The Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, & Chargers are all going to have better betting odds than the Colts.

More Realistic odds for making the AFC Title Game:

Bills - 22%
Chiefs - 20%
Bengals - 13%
Chargers - 10%
Colts - 9%
Broncos - 8%
Ravens - 8%
Raiders - 4%
Titans - 4%

last 2% - MIA, NE, CLE (goes up if Watson gets 8 games or less)

50% chance to making the AFC Title game is very high for any team given that this is arguably the most stacked the AFC has EVER been. 

Hope you are right tho!!!

35 minutes ago, Nickster said:

If he has any hamstring tears ,  he shouldn’t Be doing anything but therapeutic activities.  They’ve surely given him and MRI and seen that’s not the case if he’s playing 7s.

it was extremely hot and humid when it happened and tightness can be the result of cramps and soreness can result from that. In that case it’s a how do you feel thing.

I have had a hamstring injury for months. First time ever having a hamstring problem. My training for a half & full marathon stopped about 3 weeks ago when i hurt it further. 

Have consulted with my doctor, Chiro, & PT… still having issues. 

Can’t imagine trying to play full speed in the NFL with a hamstring issue

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Big Colts fan here, but that’s not even close to what the betting odds will be or should be.

The Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, & Chargers are all going to have better betting odds than the Colts.

More Realistic odds for making the AFC Title Game:

Bills - 22%
Chiefs - 20%
Bengals - 13%
Chargers - 10%
Colts - 9%
Broncos - 8%
Ravens - 8%
Raiders - 4%
Titans - 4%

last 2% - MIA, NE, CLE (goes up if Watson gets 8 games or less)

50% chance to making the AFC Title game is very high for any team given that this is arguably the most stacked the AFC has EVER been. 

Hope you are right tho!!!

I know the Vegas odds, I have posted them numerous times in here. Those %'s were based on what I think only. I hope I am right.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:03 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No one on this forum wanted Herbert.  In fact, many said, if the Colts could get into the top 10, they would draft Love over him.  People thought Love was going top 10.

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

No one on this forum wanted Herbert.  In fact, many said, if the Colts could get into the top 10, they would draft Love over him.  People thought Love was going top 10.

Exactly, great post! @stitcheswanted Jordan Love as well. I can't recall one person that said, lets trade up and draft Herbert. I didn't want Herbert either, I was wrong about him though lmao . 

On 8/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Two_pound said:

I used Cincinnati as an example because of their acquisitions of almost an entirely new oline for this season and the fact that last year their only real advantages over the Colts was qb and wr. Colt receivers were at as big a disadvantage last year as they were in 2017 and 2019. The Bengals were the 29th ranked offense in 2020 and the 7th ranked offense in 2021. Two main differences? Joe Burrow in his second year, and Jamar Chase. Can Matt Ryan and Alec Pierce create that big of a difference for the Colts? I don't know, but I do know we are in a lot better situation now than at this time last year. Is the Bengals completely revamped line going to be better than last years line? I don't know, but I bet the Bengals are sure hoping it is! The Bengals were the 23rd ranked rushing team in 2021, they were 24th in 2020. Mixon averaged 4.1 yards per carry last year, 3.6 in 2020. Why? Probably wasn't facing as many stacked boxes last season. With Ryan, Taylor shouldn't be facing as many stacked boxes this year and Taylor averaged 5.5 yards per carry last season. Advantage Colts! Go Colts! 

Good response.    

If we were playing the Bengals, it would not be unfair to say Cincy had the advantage at WR, QB, and to iverall offense.   

But the Colts might have the advantage at OL, RB, and overall defense.    It would likely be a one score game with the margin being in the 3/4 point range one way it the other.   Much would be determined by who had the better O-Line, defense, and how much our offense has improved with Ryan and our upgrades along with our defensive upgrades.

A really good matchup!        :thmup:

On 8/11/2022 at 3:40 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your Matt Ryan doubt is really nauseating. Just like when you said JT wasn't going to be any good 8 games in. You wouldn't lay off his rear end and even compared him to Trent at 1 time. When you get on a negative rant about a player you just keep going and going no matter the topic. So when Matt Ryan throws for over 4000 yards and we win the division with 11 wins, what will you say then? Yes I am an optimist but only when it makes sense to be. If we had stiffs like Mariota, trubisky, or Mayfield I would be a realist and pick us at around 8 wins. With a rookie QB, we would be lucky to win 6 games. With Wentz we won 9 and that was with Taylor having a career year. I just wish people would admire what Ballard and Irsay have done in this offseason. We have made many good moves and have a team that will be good and some in here still can't even appreciate it. SMH.

I think many here think Ryan has to be the next coming of Mahommes for us to go anywhere.

He doesn't. He just has to run the offense and if he does our offense collectively as a team could be really good or one of the best in the league. He only needs to do his part.

There are concerns at LT and I'm reading that Campbell is injured again. A strained hammy could linger for a while if the player tries to come back too soon.

I would be on the phone to Hilton trying to bring him in. If Campbell goes down our receiving corps is going to be pretty thin

43 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I have had a hamstring injury for months. First time ever having a hamstring problem. My training for a half & full marathon stopped about 3 weeks ago when i hurt it further. 

Have consulted with my doctor, Chiro, & PT… still having issues. 

Can’t imagine trying to play full speed in the NFL with a hamstring issue

You probably had at least micro tears.  There is no reason for regular guys to get MRIs unless you’ve completely torn it to the point of surgery.

Did you cramp or feel a pull?

they almost certainly have given PC an MRI.  It must be showing no tears.

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I think many here think Ryan has to be the next coming of Mahommes for us to go anywhere.

He doesn't. He just has to run the offense and if he does our offense collectively as a team could be really good or one of the best in the league. He only needs to do his part.

There are concerns at LT and I'm reading that Campbell is injured again. A strained hammy could linger for a while if the player tries to come back too soon.

I would be on the phone to Hilton trying to bring him in. If Campbell goes down our receiving corps is going to be pretty thin

I am all for TY coming back, even said I thought we would bring him back. It is getting late in the game now though.

On 8/9/2022 at 6:52 AM, DougDew said:

There is just a small percentage of the video that addresses the Colts:  What they said:

• Matt Ryan has been a Mid Tier QB since 2018.  At this point in his career, he's not good under pressure.  Compared to Tom Brady, who is 45, Ryan looks "done".  Unlike Brady, he does not protect his oline by getting rid of the ball quickly.  But Ryan probably still has a PFF 85 grade in him for a season if things come together.
  • Rivers had only good or bad games.  5 or 6 games over 80, 5 or 6 games under 60.
  • Wentz lost the season for the Colts last year, forced everybody to endure the Steelers playoff game.
  • Thank Frank Reich for Wentz' statistical good year last year.
  • Colts overachieved last year from a points-scored perspective.
  • Roster is pretty good, probably the best in the Division
  • Gilmore could be sneaky good this year, but his peak years were in NE playing man scheme.
  • Oline has questions
  • The addition of Pierce was smart.
  • Pass rush was a problem last year.  Yannick very one dimensional, just a speed rusher.  He does not have multiple games to his pass rush and is horrible against the run.
  • Paye does not have pure speed rush ability.  Together with Yannick, makes for whole EDGE play.
  • Do they have a dependable TE?
  • Does Pierce and Campbell give the Colts enough on the perimeter?
  • In order to win the AFC South, they must beat the "over/under" of 10 games.  Achieve better than how they look on paper, especially the playmakers.  Winning 11 seems rich, but predicts a sweep of TEN to win the Division.

Sounds spot on lol

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly, great post! @stitcheswanted Jordan Love as well. I can't recall one person that said, lets trade up and draft Herbert. I didn't want Herbert either, I was wrong about him though lmao . 

I wanted both Herbert and Love at about the same level, but I thought Love has higher ceiling and I preferred him for that reason. :woah::lol:

@Supermanloved Herbert too.

14 hours ago, #12. said:

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For whatever it’s worth….     I don’t know how many on this site saw Live Friday night vs Green Bay?    But he looked terrible.  Awful. 

He actually looked like he was playing scared.   Afraid of everything.   Making mistakes, throwing interceptions,  reading defenses incorrectly.    You name it.

He looked far, far away from being a QB that a franchise would trust to lead their players.   Maybe he improves and gets better, but I wouldn’t bet much on it. 

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

FWIW, Herbert was the only QB I wanted in that draft...and worth trading up for.  I did not even think Burrow would be very good.  I was wrong about that.

I was a bit skeptical of Burrow too.  In a word:  UNFOUNDED.

That dude was really good from the first snap he took.

40 minutes ago, DougDew said:

FWIW, Herbert was the only QB I wanted in that draft...and worth trading up for.  I did not even think Burrow would be very good.  I was wrong about that.

I didn't think Herbert would be any good so I was way off on that one. I did think Burrow would be good though, hey 50/50 isn't bad lmao . I never bought into the Jordan Love hype either, I seen him as maybe average at best. I was right about Burrow being good and Love being bad, wrong about Herbert though. Herbert has made me eat crow but I can't always be right :thmup:

On 8/11/2022 at 10:04 AM, masterlock said:

My simple analysis: If you look at what the Colts offense did last year and substitute Matt Ryan, their in the playoffs.

They will never get 33 TO again.  Putting Ryan behin this OL leads to massive problems.  Ryan will not be able to throw down the field.  Captain check down.  I think we'll struggle to beat the Jags this yr.  I dont think we are a playoff team right now. The roster has big problems.    

Archived