Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Every concern I have, they also see. Time to watch preseason games very closely

Rhodelesstraveled

22 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Time for board homers to discuss reality.  I'm concerned.  Watch it and tell me why you think these guys are wrong.  I think their critiques on our team are spot on.  Now that we know Leonard maybe out longer than we all thought I'm more concerned.  

I'm not concerned bout Leonard being out. If u go back to games he was out, he was not sorely missed. The defense plodded along. Now when Buckner  went down, they struggled big time. I honestly expect the lbs to struggle this year against the run based on the new style the front 4 will employ. They will be attacking the qb at all costs. This going to leave the lbs less protected and more exposed. Remember  they r quite light but I think Oreke will do better than Leonard.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know what Cincy is doing at TE?   But they have at least 3 high end wide receivers and I’m a Mixon fan.  So as long as their TE can help move the chains they’re in good shape.   

Their OL remains a question until it’s not.  And their defense has lots of questions.   So while I love Burrow and his weapons, I’m still iffy on the Bengals.   They’ve got to do it when everyone is expecting them to do it.   Put another way, it’s one thing to be the hunter, it’s another to be the hunted.   Right now Cincy has a target on them. 

As for you and me,  I’m not trying to hurt your experience here.   I’m trying to express my disagreement.   I will share that in my 10-plus years here I’ve never put anyone on ignore.   I want to read what people are writing.   But everyone is different.  I’ll try a different approach and hope it works better for you.   

No problem man.  I just felt myself ready to type some mean stuff lol.  I’m really not MB sensitive.  
on here I type what I think and when I see enough evidence I change my mind.

Cincy should be good and there division ain’t what it used to be.  Of course barring major injury issued, I’d be pretty shocked if they missed the post.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm not concerned bout Leonard being out. If u go back to games he was out, he was not sorely missed. The defense plodded along. Now when Buckner  went down, they struggled big time. I honestly expect the lbs to struggle this year against the run based on the new style the front 4 will employ. They will be attacking the qb at all costs. This going to leave the lbs less protected and more exposed. Remember  they r quite light but I think Oreke will do better than Leonard.

Yeah the lbs will be exposed to a lot more punishment, but if the one gapping and new 230 lb speed end, and paye and Dayo work out, then the Dline should make a lot of big plays , sacks, TOLs, and pressures leading to bad throws, which should outweigh Lb exposure with or without Shaq.

we shall see 

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

QB and pass rush were added via trade not free agency

Yeah true but QB equaled a 3rd rounder and the pass rush equaled Rock Ya Sin so tough DDs point was technically In accurate I don’t think his point was diminished about our acquisitions not being coveted by their teams.

do you?  Really?  Hmm. 

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

I think the negative nannies usually are the ones who stick to the merits of the issues.  So when the merits have some negativity, they are accused of being negative because they bring up the merits.  Better said, when the merits are discussed, the discussion has a lot of negative points because that's Life.

I think the Kool Aid drinkers ignore the merits and tend to see every addition as an elixir to the problems.

The team will go as far as better LT play, better QB play combined with WRs, and better pass rush will take them.  All of those positions are new and manned by either rookies or free agents where their previous team wanted to replace them....not really the bidding war kind of FA..  Those are the merits, IMO.

BTW, no way are the CIN receivers worse than ours outside of Chase (and you'd then have to take away Pittman for us)

If you discuss this by looking at average stats of the CIN receivers, you would be comparing players with average stats to players who basically have no stats at all.  You'd have to be an unmerit positive dude to see positives where none are evident.

nailed it

Two random guys said something on a pod cast it must be true!  

in all seriousness I saw where someone said they would call these more unknowns than concerns at this point.  That’s where I am.  Concerns are things you have proof that aren’t working.  We haven’t a lot of these guys even in a pre-season game yet let alone a real game to know if it’s a concern yet or not.  So I’d caution anyone to avoid declaring anything a success or failure yet with the new guys.  Just gotta wait and see.  The good news is the wait is almost over and we will get our first look Saturday.  

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

in all seriousness I saw where someone said they would call these more unknowns than concerns at this point.  That’s where I am.  Concerns are things you have proof that aren’t working.  We haven’t a lot of these guys even in a pre-season game yet let alone a real game to know if it’s a concern yet or not.  So I’d caution anyone to avoid declaring anything a success or failure yet with the new guys.  Just gotta wait and see.  The good news is the wait is almost over and we will get our first look Saturday.  

I worry about people who get their 'facts' from mass media, podcasts, or fan boards.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

We will see very little that is relevant Saturday.

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

I would never say that a prediction is either "right" or "wrong".  Its baked into the definition that its speculative at the time its made.  Besides, the prediction in the video is that the Colts sweep TEN and win the Division, although I don't know that if the guy that was being criticized for being "wrong" in his predictions was the guy predicting anything in this vid.

C'mon man.  Ballard used to say that he liked Dion Cain and Reese Fountain.  They always say that.  Not saying that we should not, but that's not an objective voice.  In fact, the only time that he's never said it with much conviction was last spring, which is how some of us knew he was going to restock the receiver (and TE) room.

Coaches will almost always say things to spin a positive look on things.    I go more by what they do.  Ballard has not signed another WR which tells me that he is happy with what they have.  

21 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yeah true but QB equaled a 3rd rounder and the pass rush equaled Rock Ya Sin so tough DDs point was technically In accurate I don’t think his point was diminished about our acquisitions not being coveted by their teams.

do you?  Really?  Hmm. 

You don't think Matt Ryan would have gotten a bunch of Interest had he been a free agent?  

Do you really not?   Really?

The thing that concerns me right now, is that the offense is getting dominated in pads. That makes me feel we may struggle (at least early) in real games. We have to play our starters all preseason and get them used to real game enviornments together. The only exception is Taylor IMO. This team is young, and most don't know what they are doing in full pads, against other teams, in a real game enviornment. Our WRs are young, our TEs are young, and Matt Ryan needs to develop chemistry with this group (especially since we didn't sign Julio).

This isn't a disaster yet on offense, but it may lean that way early if they don't get prepared quickly. We are running out of training camp practices. Need to use the preseason games wisely. 

The defense is fine for the most part. Like what I see. The only concern there is when Leonard returns.

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You don't think Matt Ryan would have gotten a bunch of Interest had he been a free agent?  

Do you really not?   Really?

He would have gotten interest from a few teams, but no I don’t think most teams would be interested.

it would have to be a team who thinks it’s got a couple year window to compete and no viable QB.  Indy, Wash, maybe Pitt, possibly SF if they aren’t wanting to go with the guy they spent all those draft picks for.

But no I don’t think there would have been a ton of interest in an aging, diminishing Matt Ryan as an FA.  About the same as PR when he came here.  It’s a a niche market.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The thing that concerns me right now, is that the offense is getting dominated in pads. That makes me feel we may struggle (at least early) in real games. We have to play our starters all preseason and get them used to real game enviornments together. The only exception is Taylor IMO. This team is young, and most don't know what they are doing in full pads, against other teams, in a real game enviornment. Our WRs are young, our TEs are young, and Matt Ryan needs to develop chemistry with this group (especially since we didn't sign Julio).

This isn't a disaster yet on offense, but it may lean that way early if they don't get prepared quickly. We are running out of training camp practices. Need to use the preseason games wisely. 

The defense is fine for the most part. Like what I see. The only concern there is when Leonard returns.

It’s difficult to judge camp cause there’s 0 real hitting, so you can’t really judge the impact of the running game , but the pass catchers and coverage units are basically live before the ball is caught .  

right I think the passing game looks pretty bad or we have a great secondary and the latter seems unlikely.  

ryan and the receivers aren’t in sync and Ryan is Definitely under throwing balls.  He has tended to do that the last several years.  It’s no secret I think we are deficient at pass catcher and I am tepid about Ryan.

that all being said.  You can’t really tell how camp trends are going to carry over into the regular season.

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Well, there is no way to prove or disprove. But, you certainly are in the minority about this. 

well look dude.  You can’t logically prove speculation.  You can only offer reasoning and evidence.  I,personally find that an interesting, fun, brain healthy exercise.  That’s what we do here in large part.  We talk ball and think about different scenarios and assert opinions and give evidence and reason for them.

The minority of what group.?  What teams do you think would have been interested?  I’ll start and list teams that would clearly have no interest.

1.  KC

2. TB

3.  LAC

4.  LAR

5.  DEN

6.  BUF 

7.  CINN

8.  GB

9.  LV

10.  AZ

11.  CLE

12.  BALT

13.  DAL

14. NE

15.  MINN

16.  JAX

17. CHI

Most of these 17 teams clearly have a better QB than Ryan already or have younger guys recently drafted that need a chance to develop like NE, PHI, CHI, and JAX.  

So to me there is another lengthy list of teams that are way more than Matt Ryan away from competitiveness and are in rebuild mode or have recently drafted QBs that need to play a little more and a 37 YO relatively expensive QB wouldn’t really help them get better enough to have a chance at the playoffs.  These team IMO would have NO interest in Ryan.

18.  ATL

19.  NYJ

20.  NYG

21.  HOU

22.  DET

23.  SEA

24.  CAR

So then there are fringy teams that are in limbo. Do they want an old guy or should they go bridge and try to find a guy in the draft?  Or stick it out with who they have? I wouldn’t say no interest here but I don’t think they’d get in a bidding war for his services.

25.  PITT

26.  NO

27.  MIA

So that leaves 

28.  SF (to me this is the team most likely to be true contenders with Ryan, but are they really gonna make the guy they coveted so much sit for a couple more years?  Prolly not.

29.  TN (is Ryan really a step up from Tanne? Lateral move?  )

30.  WASH

31.  INDY well duh we traded for him.

can’t figure out who I left out.

there can be reasonable debate on maybe a couple things here but most is pretty evident IMo.

My biggest concerns are the TE group and the OL.

It took the OL until halfway through the season last year to get their act together, partially due to injuries. Although they were pretty excellent at run blocking, they weren't as good as pass blocking as the media let on. Ryan being back there should help though, but I do worry if one of the main pillars (Nelson or Smith) get injured.

MAC/Granson need to both step up considerably this year now that Doyle is gone. Jelani and Ogltree probably won't do too much this year, but hopefully I'm wrong. MAC is a solid run blocker, but I would say an underrated strength in the run game last year was the blocking tandem that Doyle and MAC provided.

Honestly….

I don’t expect to learn much from this pre-season.   

Reich has stated that the starters won’t play much in games 1 and 3.   And Reich has also said the starters may not play at all in game 2 vs Detroit — this is pending an agreement with Lions HC, Dan Campbell.    The two coaches say the two teams have two joint practices that week, so the starters will be banging on each other for two tough days.  The coaches believe they may not play their starters — either at all, or just perhaps very little.   

Im just not sure what anyone can learn from our staters playing perhaps 4 quarters +/- of the pre-season?   

I think we see what we see in was 1 & 2 of the regular season.   Those games will tell us more about the 22 Colts.  

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

well look dude.  You can’t logically prove speculation.  You can only offer reasoning and evidence.  I,personally find that an interesting, fun, brain healthy exercise.  That’s what we do here in large part.  We talk ball and think about different scenarios and assert opinions and give evidence and reason for them.

The minority of what group.?  What teams do you think would have been interested?  I’ll start and list teams that would clearly have no interest.

1.  KC

2. TB

3.  LAC

4.  LAR

5.  DEN

6.  BUF 

7.  CINN

8.  GB

9.  LV

10.  AZ

11.  CLE

12.  BALT

13.  DAL

14. NE

15.  MINN

16.  JAX

17. CHI

Most of these 17 teams clearly have a better QB than Ryan already or have younger guys recently drafted that need a chance to develop like NE, PHI, CHI, and JAX.  

So to me there is another lengthy list of teams that are way more than Matt Ryan away from competitiveness and are in rebuild mode or have recently drafted QBs that need to play a little more and a 37 YO relatively expensive QB wouldn’t really help them get better enough to have a chance at the playoffs.  These team IMO would have NO interest in Ryan.

18.  ATL

19.  NYJ

20.  NYG

21.  HOU

22.  DET

23.  SEA

24.  CAR

So then there are fringy teams that are in limbo. Do they want an old guy or should they go bridge and try to find a guy in the draft?  Or stick it out with who they have? I wouldn’t say no interest here but I don’t think they’d get in a bidding war for his services.

25.  PITT

26.  NO

27.  MIA

So that leaves 

28.  SF (to me this is the team most likely to be true contenders with Ryan, but are they really gonna make the guy they coveted so much sit for a couple more years?  Prolly not.

29.  TN (is Ryan really a step up from Tanne? Lateral move?  )

30.  WASH

31.  INDY well duh we traded for him.

can’t figure out who I left out.

there can be reasonable debate on maybe a couple things here but most is pretty evident IMo.

Your Matt Ryan doubt is really nauseating. Just like when you said JT wasn't going to be any good 8 games in. You wouldn't lay off his rear end and even compared him to Trent at 1 time. When you get on a negative rant about a player you just keep going and going no matter the topic. So when Matt Ryan throws for over 4000 yards and we win the division with 11 wins, what will you say then? Yes I am an optimist but only when it makes sense to be. If we had stiffs like Mariota, trubisky, or Mayfield I would be a realist and pick us at around 8 wins. With a rookie QB, we would be lucky to win 6 games. With Wentz we won 9 and that was with Taylor having a career year. I just wish people would admire what Ballard and Irsay have done in this offseason. We have made many good moves and have a team that will be good and some in here still can't even appreciate it. SMH.

On 8/9/2022 at 4:26 PM, stitches said:

CIN's second WR is better than Pittman. Their 3d is better than all of the rest of ours. 

Tee Higgins nor Boyd is better than Pittman. Both are good but not better than Pittman. Higgins and boyd are better than our 2 and 3, I can agree with that. If Cincinnati's O.Line doesn't protect Burrow none of it will matter because Burrow will get injured again. I read your comment saying Herbert was within reach, how so? He went 6th and the Chargers needed a QB so they weren't trading that 6th. Realistically we had no chance to get him. Remember you wanted Jordan Love lol.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly….

Reich has stated that the starters won’t play much in games 1 and 3.   And Reich has also said the starters may not play at all in game 2 vs Detroit — this is pending an agreement with Lions HC, Dan Campbell.    The two coaches say the two teams have two joint practices that week, so the starters will be banging on each other for two tough days.  The coaches believe they may not play their starters — either at all, or just perhaps very little.   

Im just not sure what anyone can learn from our staters playing perhaps 4 quarters +/- of the pre-season?   

I think we see what we see in was 1 & 2 of the regular season.   Those games will tell us more about the 22 Colts.  

Considering what we've seen from the offense in pads in training camp, and reading what you said, this makes me think we are going to start slow once again (at least offensively). Not sure how Matt Ryan is supposed to build chemistry with these guys if they can't even play but probably about a half in 3 preseason games (if the starters don't play in Detroit). Reich can't be this dumb to see the offense struggling and then not play them in preseason.

Everyone on offense needs the reps but Taylor. Sigh... Now I see why we start slow every year. New QB, no chemistry, don't play them in preseason, and slow start to the year. Almost like it's intentional. 

This makes me seriously think Houston may win week 1. Almost like a repeat of the Jags or Raiders games at the end of the year, except there's no covid excuse this time, it's just bad preparation by a stubborn old-school coach who apparently has a 100 foot leash, and has to do things his way (whether it affects the team positive or negative).

This time I don't give the players blame though like the Jags game, this is all on Reich where this is headed. Leopards can't change their spots and all that. Holds true here.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tee Higgins nor Boyd is better than Pittman. Both are good but not better than Pittman. Higgins and boyd are better than our 2 and 3, I can agree with that. If Cincinnati's O.Line doesn't protect Burrow none of it will matter because Burrow will get injured again. I read your comment saying Herbert was within reach, how so? He went 6th and the Chargers needed a QB so they weren't trading that 6th. Realistically we had no chance to get him. Remember you wanted Jordan Love lol.

Pittman is nowhere near Higgins honestly.

Look at 2021: Pittman 88 receptions, 1082 yards, 6 tds. Higgins 74 receptions, 1091 yards, 6 tds

They look similar right? Except for one major difference. Tee Higgins was doing this with Jamaar Chase, Tyler Boyd, and CJ Usomah on the team taking away all kinds of targets. He wasn't the de facto no1 receiver on his own team getting all the targets, Pittman was. 

Lets look at the targets for both players: Higgins 110. Pittman 129. Not as much of a difference as I thought, but Pittman still had 19 more pass targets than Higgins. More receptions by 14 yes, but 9 less yards with 14 more catches and the same number of TDs. 

Also just as a bonus, Higgins got 14.7 yards per catch, Pittman 12.3 yards per catch. So Higgins is more productive on a team where there were 3 respectable targets besides him, and on the Colts there was no one but Pittman.

It doesn't get any better for you in this debate for 2020. Higgins got 67 receptions for 907 yards and 6 tds without Chase his rookie year where Burrow was out half the year. Pittman got 40 receptions for 503 yards and 1 td his rookie year with Phillip Rivers. 

He's closer to Tyler Boyd if anything, but Pittman is not as good as Tee Higgins. I play fantasy, both yearly and daily, and I know this for a fact (at least through two years). 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your Matt Ryan doubt is really nauseating. Just like when you said JT wasn't going to be any good 8 games in. You wouldn't lay off his rear end and even compared him to Trent at 1 time. When you get on a negative rant about a player you just keep going and going no matter the topic. So when Matt Ryan throws for over 4000 yards and we win the division with 11 wins, what will you say then? Yes I am an optimist but only when it makes sense to be. If we had stiffs like Mariota, trubisky, or Mayfield I would be a realist and pick us at around 8 wins. With a rookie QB, we would be lucky to win 6 games. With Wentz we won 9 and that was with Taylor having a career year. I just wish people would admire what Ballard and Irsay have done in this offseason. We have made many good moves and have a team that will be good and some in here still can't even appreciate it. SMH.

Jesus dude.  Put me on ignore and don’t respond to my posts.  Nausea sucks.  If your posts were making me nauseous then I’d avoid them.  For the love of all that is holy man don’t expose yourself nausea.

You haven’t been following my posts then about Ryan.  I think Ryan should be be better than Wentz and I’m hoping he is as good as Rivers whom I liked.  If he’s better than than that, we will be much improved.

but no i don’t think Ryan is highly coveted in the league at this point in his career.  But I do think there is a chance he’s good with us with the play action.

your the brissett guy right?

I had doubts about Taylor and a couple of times he looked really doubtful even getting benched his rookie year.  His measurables on broken tackles and making people miss his rookie year were lowest tier.  At Green Bay I noticed a difference and went and bought a jersey.  

then last year when the oline was hurt JT actually had the lowest ypc of any player on our team for like the first 4 games and then when the line stabilized he did what he does.  H needs good run blocking at the Los more than many great backs that can bounce, but once he gets to the 2nd level he’s as good as I’ve ever seen.

i still don’t think Taylor or any back has the impact to carry a team consistently.  It’s been many years since a great running back even made the SB.  Maybe Lynch?

I never said I thought he was definitely not going to be good except maybe during the game he got benched in an emotional outburst.

my god man back to more serious issues. I hear tell cannabis does wonders for nausea.

I don’t find it nauseas but I do find grownsed adds men who jock other grownsed adds men they don’t even know kinda silly and a little cringy. And I find grownsed adds men who get all butt hurt when a stranger on an MB has a different opinion about something as trivial as the FB team they root really bizarre.

like seriously bizarre.

but bestie good lord don’t expose yourself to nausea lol.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Honestly….

That seems strange that we’d be practicing against ateam we were playing.  As far as you know is that normal?  Seems strange.

9 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Jesus dude.  Put me on ignore and don’t respond to my posts.  Nausea sucks.  If your posts were making me nauseous then I’d avoid them.  For the love of all that is holy man don’t expose yourself nausea.

You haven’t been following my posts then about Ryan.  I think Ryan should be be better than Wentz and I’m hoping he is as good as Rivers whom I liked.  If he’s better than than that, we will be much improved.

but no i don’t think Ryan is highly coveted in the league at this point in his career.  But I do think there is a chance he’s good with us with the play action.

your the brissett guy right?

I had doubts about Taylor and a couple of times he looked really doubtful even getting benched his rookie year.  His measurables on broken tackles and making people miss his rookie year were lowest tier.  At Green Bay I noticed a difference and went and bought a jersey.  

then last year when the oline was hurt JT actually had the lowest ypc of any player on our team for like the first 4 games and then when the line stabilized he did what he does.  H needs good run blocking at the Los more than many great backs that can bounce, but once he gets to the 2nd level he’s as good as I’ve ever seen.

i still don’t think Taylor or any back has the impact to carry a team consistently.  It’s been many years since a great running back even made the SB.  Maybe Lynch?

I never said I thought he was definitely not going to be good except maybe during the game he got benched in an emotional outburst.

my god man back to more serious issues. I hear tell cannabis does wonders for nausea.

I don’t find it nauseas but I do find grownsed adds men who jock other grownsed adds men they don’t even know kinda silly and a little cringy. And I find grownsed adds men who get all butt hurt when a stranger on an MB has a different opinion about something as trivial as the FB team they root really bizarre.

like seriously bizarre.

but bestie good lord don’t expose yourself to nausea lol.

I have to admit you are funny so I like you lmao. I was never a brissett guy as in saying he was franchise QB. When we were 5-2 in 2019 I said he was playing like a top 15 QB and he was. You were all over Taylor just bashing him non stop for around 8 or 9 games. By the way I prefer club soda when nauseated. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pittman is nowhere near Higgins honestly.

Look at 2021: Pittman 88 receptions, 1082 yards, 6 tds. Higgins 74 receptions, 1091 yards, 6 tds

They look similar right? Except for one major difference. Tee Higgins was doing this with Jamaar Chase, Tyler Boyd, and CJ Usomah on the team taking away all kinds of targets. He wasn't the de facto no1 receiver on his own team getting all the targets, Pittman was. 

Lets look at the targets for both players: Higgins 110. Pittman 129. Not as much of a difference as I thought, but Pittman still had 19 more pass targets than Higgins. More receptions by 14 yes, but 9 less yards with 14 more catches and the same number of TDs. 

Also just as a bonus, Higgins got 14.7 yards per catch, Pittman 12.3 yards per catch. So Higgins is more productive on a team where there were 3 respectable targets besides him, and on the Colts there was no one but Pittman.

It doesn't get any better for you in this debate for 2020. Higgins got 67 receptions for 907 yards and 6 tds without Chase his rookie year where Burrow was out half the year. Pittman got 40 receptions for 503 yards and 1 td his rookie year with Phillip Rivers. 

He's closer to Tyler Boyd if anything, but Pittman is not as good as Tee Higgins. I play fantasy, both yearly and daily, and I know this for a fact (at least through two years). 

Take Chase out of the equation, then Higgins gets double teamed like Pittman does here. If Pittman had a good #2 his numbers would be much better.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit you are funny so I like you lmao. I was never a brissett guy as in saying he was franchise QB. When we were 5-2 in 2019 I said he was playing like a top 15 QB and he was. You were all over Taylor just bashing him non stop for around 8 or 9 games. By the way I prefer club soda when nauseated. 

TBSP of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water does it for me.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Take Chase out of the equation, then Higgins gets double teamed like Pittman does here. If Pittman had a good #2 his numbers would be much better.

Chase wasn't on the Bengals in 2020 and Higgins got 907 yds and 6 tds. 

Pittman got the numbers he did because there weren't other targets that were good and he gobbled up the target share. I'm willing to bet if Campbell or Pierce becomes a solid no2 WR or if Hines plays like he did before last year, that'll eat into Pittman's production rather then help it. 

To me, he's a 1,000 yard receiver that is solid. He may get more TDs this year, but I expect his yards to stay about the same or decline, along with his target share.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not necessarily.  His target share would drop.  Boyd produced as good as Pittman when Dalton was QB.  Look it up man.

and by the way I like Pittman.  Boyd and Higgins were headed for Pittman numbers before Thenrookie burrows wheat down for 6 games.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chase wasn't on the Bengals in 2020 and Higgins got 907 yds and 6 tds. 

Pittman got the numbers he did because there weren't other targets that were good and he gobbled up the target share. I'm willing to bet if Campbell or Pierce becomes a solid no2 WR or if Hines plays like he did before last year, that'll eat into Pittman's production rather then help it. 

To me, he's a 1,000 yard receiver that is solid. He may get more TDs this year, but I expect his yards to stay about the same or decline, along with his target share.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

So you would take Tee Higgins over Pittman straight up. That is interesting.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you would take Tee Higgins over Pittman straight up. That is interesting.

Yes I would. I have Higgins in the 10-15 range, and Pittman in the 15-20 range. The difference isn't huge, but it's enough where I'd choose Higgins over Pittman. 

Maybe Pittman makes the leap over Higgins in year 3, but year 2 showed me that Pittman probably peaked yards and target-wise because of a lack of other options, and he'll have to make that huge leap to stay at the production he did last year with Campbell, Pierce, and Hines (hopefully back to old production) added to the mix. Higgins has slightly improved with Chase added to the mix taking large amounts of yards and targets away from him, and to me, it's more likely Chase declines a bit and Higgins gets a bit better than Pittman improving over last year with much better receivers and Hines likely back to his old self. 

I don't think Matt Ryan is a huge improvement stats-wise over Wentz with Taylor as our RB still, whereas Burrow will be equal or better IMO this year.

Ryan will probably throw for around 500 more yards than Wentz, so there will be more to spread around.  Pascal, Doyle, Hilton and others yards will also be spread around.  

My guess is that Pittman and Campbell both finish around 1000 yards.  

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

That seems strange that we’d be practicing against ateam we were playing.  As far as you know is that normal?  Seems strange.

Happens all the time.    To a good number of teams in the pre-season, including the Colts, not just under Reich, but I believe under Pagano as well.   

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes I would. I have Higgins in the 10-15 range, and Pittman in the 15-20 range. The difference isn't huge, but it's enough where I'd choose Higgins over Pittman. 

Maybe Pittman makes the leap over Higgins in year 3, but year 2 showed me that Pittman probably peaked yards and target-wise because of a lack of other options, and he'll have to make that huge leap to stay at the production he did last year with Campbell, Pierce, and Hines (hopefully back to old production) added to the mix. Higgins has slightly improved with Chase added to the mix taking large amounts of yards and targets away from him, and to me, it's more likely Chase declines a bit and Higgins gets a bit better than Pittman improving over last year with much better receivers and Hines likely back to his old self. 

I don't think Matt Ryan is a huge improvement stats-wise over Wentz with Taylor as our RB still, whereas Burrow will be equal or better IMO this year.

We will just have to agree to disagree like you said, no problem. When teams play the Colts they key on Pittman, when they play Cincy they key on Chase. Higgins has a lot of one on one coverage - makes it easier, Pitt does not.

I have Higgins on the good level but ranked between 20-25, I have Pitt slightly higher around 16-18. Both are good. Chase is Elite.

Archived