Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many Yards will Matt Ryan throw for in 2022?

2006Coltsbestever

How many yards will Matt Ryan throw for in 2022?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How many Yards will Matt Ryan throw for in 2022?

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Carson Wentz threw for 3563 yards last year, so I think you can add another 500 to 550 yards to that with Matt Ryan. I still think we will be run heavy at times as we should be and Taylor will get around 1600 yards (1500 yards at worse) or so but I project Matt at around 4,100 yards. I voted between 4,100-4,199. I think he will be anywhere from 243-250 a game yardage wise.

I chose 4300-4399. 

Could be more though. 

Hard to figure. He'll have a much better OL this season IMO, which will let him deal it around better.

Biggest factor IMO is how much of a thumb Reich puts on him. 

Hopefully both our running and passing are top 10. 

Running doesn't have to decrease just because passing increases. 

Just want better balance. 

9 hours ago, QuantumZebra said:

With a decent OL and at least 1-2 offensive pieces, you can guarantee Matt will not have a game under 250yds passing. He will also likely have some 400yd+ games. 

Your comment about guaranteeing that Matt Ryan will NOT throw for under 250 yards in a single game jumped off the page to me.   

So I looked this up before posting here. 

Last year, only two quarterbacks threw for more than 5,000 yards.  Brady with just over 5300 yards and Herbert with just over 5000. 

For the record, Brady had FIVE games of under 250 yards and Herbert had SIX.   So if those guys had multiple games of under 250, your safest bet is that Matt Ryan will too.   That’s as close to a guarantee as you can get. 

Ryan is likely to average roughly 250 a game, maybe a little more.   Which means he’ll have a good number more than 250, and a good number below.   

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I chose 4300-4399. 

Could be more though. 

Hard to figure. He'll have a much better OL this season IMO, which will let him deal it around better.

Biggest factor IMO is how much of a thumb Reich puts on him. 

Hopefully both our running and passing are top 10. 

im surprised your so high on ryan.  not that i disagree, just didn't expect it from you. I voted he would get about 4200-4300, mainly becaue i think JT repeats again for about 16-1900 yards. 

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your comment about guaranteeing that Matt Ryan will NOT throw for under 250 yards in a single game jumped off the page to me.   

So I looked this up before posting here. 

Last year, only two quarterbacks threw for more than 5,000 yards.  Brady with just over 5300 yards and Herbert with just over 5000. 

For the record, Brady had FIVE games of under 250 yards and Herbert had SIX.   So if those guys had multiple games of under 250, your safest bet is that Matt Ryan will too.   That’s as close to a guarantee as you can get. 

Ryan is likely to average roughly 250 a game, maybe a little more.   Which means he’ll have a good number more than 250, and a good number below.   

I don't think the games under 250 will be due to any lack of skill on Ryan's part. 

I believe certain teams matchup very well versus our receivers, and we will see an immediate focus on running the ball. 

Combine both of those factors with the reality that JT is the best running back in the league, there are many games where we will just chew clock and take our yards at will. If they can win with Ryan throwing 8 passes, they will do it. 

3 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

im surprised your so high on ryan.  not that i disagree, just didn't expect it from you. I voted he would get about 4200-4300, mainly becaue i think JT repeats again for about 16-1900 yards. 

I've always liked Ryan. I've watched him a ton on TV and seen him in person a fair amount over the last 10 years. 

Before I say the next the next thing, I don't think he's on PM's level. But he's PM-like in a lot of ways. He's older now, but if we're talking about primes, as good or better than Luck. 

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

To me, our offense needs to be multiple, being able to exploit the weaknesses of the other team, whether it is pass D or run D and our OL should be Top 10 for run and pass blocking as a unit. That will take care of the balance and game planning because it increases the possibilities. Low turnovers from the QB position and stepping up in the 4th qtr. will be the key to finishing games and winning the division, IMO.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I've always liked Ryan. I've watched him a ton on TV and seen him in person a fair amount over the last 10 years. 

Before I say the next the next thing, I don't think he's on PM's level. But he's PM-like in a lot of ways. He's older now, but if we're talking about primes, as good or better than Luck. 

Peyton is a Top 3 QB of all-time based on every measure imaginable = Stats/5 MVP's/2 SB wins on 2 different teams/durability/reading defenses/talent/leadership, but having said that Matt Ryan is Top 25 so nothing to sneeze at. Matt was a hair away from winning a SB and he has an MVP.

When it comes to Luck, Luck had a strange peak, almost like Mike Tyson's where it happened quickly and fast. 2012 (his rookie season)-2014 when he was at his best for 3 very good to great seasons. Luck did not have the longevity though to be a Hall of Famer or in that Top 25 mix. Having said that by the eye test, stats, and other variables he is in my Top 50/maybe Top 40 of all-time. I love QB's like Matt Ryan because they have a knack of reading defenses really well at the line, fooling defenses 75% of the time with their brain. He is also durable + his leadership is priceless. A lot of Peyton traits for sure and Rivers was like that too. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton is a Top 3 QB of all-time based on every measure imaginable = Stats/5 MVP's/2 SB wins on 2 different teams/durability/reading defenses/talent/leadership, but having said that Matt Ryan is Top 25 so nothing to sneeze at. Matt was a hair away from winning a SB and he has an MVP.

When it comes to Luck, Luck had a strange peak, almost like Mike Tyson's where it happened quickly and fast. 2012 (his rookie season)-2014 when he was at his best for 3 very good to great seasons. Luck did not have the longevity though to be a Hall of Famer or in that Top 25 mix. Having said that by the eye test, stats, and other variables he is in my Top 50/maybe Top 40 of all-time. I love QB's like Matt Ryan because they have a knack of reading defenses really well at the line, fooling defenses 75% of the time with their brain. He is also durable + his leadership is priceless. A lot of Peyton traits for sure and Rivers was like that too. 

i might be saying this through blue shades, but in my opinion, when Luck was at his top, there wasn't a single QB id have taken over him. none

On 8/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, chad72 said:

To me, our offense needs to be multiple, being able to exploit the weaknesses of the other team, whether it is pass D or run D and our OL should be Top 10 for run and pass blocking as a unit. That will take care of the balance and game planning because it increases the possibilities. Low turnovers from the QB position and stepping up in the 4th qtr. will be the key to finishing games and winning the division, IMO.

Sounds like your definition of "multiple" is more "balanced capability" than how Reich defines it. 

I like your definition better lol. 

Archived