Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odell Beckham, Jr. to Colts?

The injury concerns are considerable for sure, fair points. That's why he's unsigned and I suspect will remain well into the season until teams get a better idea of his recovery situation, which can vary. But hesitating has its own risks as someone could jump on him sooner and probably get him cheaper now with an unknown situation vs later when he looks close to ready to go. I'm not saying we should jump at signing him necessarily, just something to think about. And I would still take a risky guy with big upside vs a guy who is also an injury concern with almost no upside (Hilton).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonjon said:

The injury concerns are considerable for sure, fair points. That's why he's unsigned and I suspect will remain well into the season until teams get a better idea of his recovery situation, which can vary. But hesitating has its own risks as someone could jump on him sooner and probably get him cheaper now with an unknown situation vs later when he looks close to ready to go. I'm not saying we should jump at signing him necessarily, just something to think about. And I would still take a risky guy with big upside vs a guy who is also an injury concern with almost no upside (Hilton).

I hope we just go for it.  Take a risk.  If he doesn't recover well this year, we just lose some salary.  

The upside is just too great to pass up IMO.

If the rumors are true, it makes me feel alot better about the management.  To this point the story has been we are happy with our pass catchers.  To me, it's obvious that we don't have an adequate pass catching unit to truly be a contender.  So even if we don't sign him, Ballard is aware of what seems to be obvious.  It seemed a bit stubborn, but if we are truly in talks with OBJ then it was just GM speak saying we are comfortable with what we have.  Doyle is going to be a bigger loss than people think IMO. He was very steady, ran professional routes, and blocked really well even at the end there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You must be one of the dreamers...probably thought we were a lock for Jarvis and Julio too. In sure Ballard is going to shell out alot of money for an oft injured , on the downside of his career diva type receiver that won't be available until the end of the season. Yep ...that makes perfect sense. Lol.

Nope. And I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on my comment. I want TY back of we have to sign a vet. 

My statement only applies to Holder not being an insider. 

Making a lot of assumptions....

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Nope. And I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on my comment. I want TY back of we have to sign a vet. 

My statement only applies to Holder not being an insider. 

Making a lot of assumptions....

Ah...my bad

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nickster said:

image.jpeg.59e1840499c2c2f6c09c158208b052c2.jpeg

image.jpeg.6570dd43a0237deb7e041ab012e45edd.jpeg

odell-beckham-jets-catch.jpg

image.jpeg.75754092f1f16616cac16cabd8bf52fc.jpeg

here are a few reasons

These wow-worthy catches were when he was healthy.

Any NFL team will wait - impatiently - for him to be able to work out for their teams post-injury.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Adding Odell to the roster in NOV would be huge for the stretch run and playoffs. Get him signed and his nose in the playbook. Then in November when things get serious and your playing for playoff seeding he is ready.

I completely understand your opinion.

But - how do you fairly compensate a player that is still rehabbing?

Ballard won't overpay for any "name" player.  I don't see him willing to sign ANYONE that he can't work out.

Looks like the NFL teams feel the same way - as he continues to be a free agent.

5 hours ago, sb41champs said:

I completely understand your opinion.

But - how do you fairly compensate a player that is still rehabbing?

Ballard won't overpay for any "name" player.  I don't see him willing to sign ANYONE that he can't work out.

Looks like the NFL teams feel the same way - as he continues to be a free agent.

The fact that he has not signed could also be because he hasn't decided where he wants to be yet.  Signing requires commitment on both sides.

You could be right, but...

If any team was even semi-serious about signing him, I think we'd know about it. Nobody's likely to take a flyer this early in the year. Once the season starts though, look out. The timeline to return from an ACL can vary and he might be ready sooner than later. PS as far as I can tell, Beckham is hardly on the downside of his career or a diva. He just has the injury thing. 

On 8/3/2022 at 3:40 PM, jonjon said:

? Because? Hilton is washed up and would offer little IMO. Beckham on the other hand, if (if) he is healthy, could offer a great deal. If we can stay afloat long enough in the earlier part of the year, he would be a highly-needed boost to the WRs that could really make a diff down the stretch..

Last year, TY’s stats were comparable to Beckham’s with a higher catch percentage, and yards per catch. Plus, TY knows the system, has been more durable and fits in better with the culture. 

• Haha 1

I don't believe the rumors. A lot of those people have "fake sources" just throwing crap out there and hoping it sticks. I don't see the Colts signing him anyway. That's not something Ballard does. He's said numerous times he believes in the WR room. He likes what he sees and he wants the young guys to develop. OBJ is a diva and would just ruin everything we have going. He's all about himself. I'll pass and ride with what we have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1