Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odell Beckham, Jr. to Colts?

11 minutes ago, Esquire59 said:

Lots of chatter on SM today that Colts are in late talks with OBJ.   Thoughts?

McVay yesterday had a direct message to OBJ: come back. Specifically said he wants him back with the Rams. I still think that's the most likely place he goes. The team is still strong enough to return to the Super Bowl, and the NFC has way less competition compared to the AFC. 

I don't see how he would choose us over LA. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

McVay yesterday had a direct message to OBJ: come back. Specifically said he wants him back with the Rams. I still think that's the most likely place he goes. The team is still strong enough to return to the Super Bowl, and the NFC has way less competition compared to the AFC. 

I don’t know.  Von Miller could have run it back with the Rams but chose the Bills instead.  OBJ could move to another team as well.  He would certainly be a great addition for the Colts if it happens.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

This isn’t the NBA where guys are worried AS MUCH about playing in New York/LA/NJ. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Holder said on the fan this morning he has asked around and hasn’t heard anything. Doesn’t mean that it’s not being kept quiet.

He was at a private event with Irsay last night.  I believe him.  

46 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Like Holder knows anything....

You must be one of the dreamers...probably thought we were a lock for Jarvis and Julio too. In sure Ballard is going to shell out alot of money for an oft injured , on the downside of his career diva type receiver that won't be available until the end of the season. Yep ...that makes perfect sense. Lol.

? Because? Hilton is washed up and would offer little IMO. Beckham on the other hand, if (if) he is healthy, could offer a great deal. If we can stay afloat long enough in the earlier part of the year, he would be a highly-needed boost to the WRs that could really make a diff down the stretch..

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

? Because? Hilton is washed up and would offer little IMO. 

Well, Beckham is coming off a second ACL.  In November, it will only be 9 months since the injury.  How much would you get out of him?  

Hard to say who might be more washed.

Listening to the Blue Stable to see what Shead says. He is the one reporting this. 

His first text message was from a agent telling him things are heating up with Odell. Then he asked to where. He assumed he meant the rams. Serious strides being made a couple things holding it up. Then Destin reached out to him Shead  Destin said out of all the FA out there he has been told OBJ would be the one the colts would want. Those are colt sources. Then he said things got weird and Odell decided to talk to other teams. Destin said he had been told there is real and mutual interest. They are sticking by that. Couple hurdles to get through.

8 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

OBJ is still rehabbing from a serious injury.

Why would the Colts - or - ANY team be willing to sign him prior to being able to work him out??

Adding Odell to the roster in NOV would be huge for the stretch run and playoffs. Get him signed and his nose in the playbook. Then in November when things get serious and your playing for playoff seeding he is ready.

14 minutes ago, Architects08 said:

I believe the source(s) the OBJ rumor started from over Holder. 

There is no reason to doubt those guys. They are very careful to secure sources and double check. They just don’t post stuff without proper sourcing and follow up. Now saying that he may decide to sign with someone else. 

Kevin Bowen pointed out something from Ballard’s presser the other day that kind of makes me believe this. He mentioned it’s week 6 7 8 where a team likely needs help. Injuries happen ect. Don’t know if that was any kind of hint towards Odell but a interesting quote.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There is no reason to doubt those guys. They are very careful to secure sources and double check. They just don’t post stuff without proper sourcing and follow up. Now saying that he may decide to sign with someone else. 

Kevin Bowen pointed out something from Ballard’s presser the other day that kind of makes me believe this. He mentioned it’s week 6 7 8 where a team likely needs help. Injuries happen ect. Don’t know if that was any kind of hint towards Odell but a interesting quote.

Dreams Keep Calm GIF

I don't know

I truly think the Colts will go thru the first 2 preseason games and evaluate where we are

If the WR room is doing well and healthy, we may do nothing

If the room is lacking.....  I believe that they will go with a castoff WR from another team to fill 5th slot

Our 6th slot will need special teams skills

As we have a bottom 10 receiving core, (per the talking heads) someone else's cut may fit us.

Archived