Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Offensive Roster Predictions (pre-preseason games)

EastStreet

2022 Offensive Roster Predictions (pre-preseason games)   

40 members have voted

1. 1. QB - Ryan and Foles are locks. What do we do?

• Roll with 2
    • Keep 3, the third being Sam
    • Keep 3, the third being Coan
  2. 2. RB - JT and Hines are locks. If we only keep 3, what one RB do you pick

• Lindsay
    • Jackson (incumbent)
    • Price (got a shot out from JT today)
    • Williams
    • Verdell
  3. 3. WR - Pick 2 (Pitt, Parris, Dulin, and Pierce are locks)

4. 4. TE - Pick 2 (Only Mo is a lock)

5. 5. OL - Pick 3 (Pryor, Nelson, R Kelly, Pinter, Smith, Raimann are locks)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/2022 at 07:04 AM

Now that we have a taste, get your somewhat bold predictions in before we start to see pre-season games. 

I've basically started out with identifying locks, so only need to pick the rest for the position group. 

I've purposefully limited the numbers (we may keep more) to attempt and make folks think and choose. 

I'll do one for both O and D. And I'll try and do one after the last pre-season game before cutdown day.

I picked

• QB - Roll with only 2 QBs. Both Sam and Coan should pass to PS if needed. 
  • RB - Lindsay, although you can tell JT likes him some Price
  • WR - so long as PC stays healthy, my picks are Coutee and Patmon. Strachan will be hurt by the injury. TY though if PC gets hurt. 
  • TE - Ogletree and Woods. Granson just continues to struggle. 
  • OL - D Kelly should be obvious, but you never know. Not impressed with Fries, but he has history here. O'Donnell got iOL reps, so sounds like they are trying to find a way to keep him. 

Just another comment on WR... 

Overall, the guys fighting for the last 2 spots seem to all be very good and competing hard. All seem to have flashed at one time or another. Nacua has been mentioned several times, which I did not expect at all. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Roll with 2.

2. Lindsay 

3. Coutee and Patmon but I hope we bring TY back.

4. Woods and Ogletree

5. Fries, D Kelly, and O'Donnell 

I agree on 2-4. I think we keep Sam as well because I believe he'll get claimed off the PS, and I don't think Ballard and Reich will risk losing him. Only other disagreement is I think Van Demark will make the 53 as we gave him a nice bonus as an UDFA. Maybe things change, but those are my predictions right now.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree on 2-4. I think we keep Sam as well because I believe he'll get claimed off the PS, and I don't think Ballard and Reich will risk losing him. Only other disagreement is I think Van Demark will make the 53 as we gave him a nice bonus as an UDFA. Maybe things change, but those are my predictions right now.

I would rather have TY than Coutee but that is just me. Imagine if French and Fries make the roster and play in a game at the same time. We would have the French Fries combo lmao

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have TY than Coutee but that is just me. Imagine if French and Fries make the roster and play in a game at the same time. We would have the French Fries combo lmao

That would be a lot of fun lol! Could make a commercial with those two! :) 

I just don't want TY to ever play another down for us. As far as being able to play, it's a waste IMO as he would just cut into our young WRs playing time. Even if Strachan started the year on the PUP list or whatever, I still wouldn't want him. Literally the only reason to want him at this point is familarity (and he doesn't have that with Ryan), and to get to 10,000 receiving yards as a WR for the Colts. I want to win, I don't want a useless anchor on the team (and that's what TY Hilton is at this point). Julio Jones was the only veteran WR I wanted (because of his familarity with Matt Ryan), and he's gone. Lets see what we have with these young WRs that Ballard has drafted over the last few years.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That would be a lot of fun lol! Could make a commercial with those two! :) 

I just don't want TY to ever play another down for us. As far as being able to play, it's a waste IMO as he would just cut into our young WRs playing time. Even if Strachan started the year on the PUP list or whatever, I still wouldn't want him. Literally the only reason to want him at this point is familarity (and he doesn't have that with Ryan), and to get to 10,000 receiving yards as a WR for the Colts. I want to win, I don't want a useless anchor on the team (and that's what TY Hilton is at this point). Julio Jones was the only veteran WR I wanted (because of his familarity with Matt Ryan), and he's gone. Lets see what we have with these young WRs that Ballard has drafted over the last few years.

I still think TY has a little left in the tank. I am ok if we sign him for a cheap last year 1 year deal. Like you said, he is familiar with our team and staff. I think with a qb like Matt Ryan he could have 4 or 5 really good games. I think he is better than Coutee and Patmon eventhough he is old now.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think TY has a little left in the tank. I am ok if we sign him for a cheap last year 1 year deal. Like you said, he is familiar with our team and staff. I think with a qb like Matt Ryan he could have 4 or 5 really good games. I think he is better than Coutee and Patmon eventhough he is old now.

Honestly, if we signed TY and he was the no3 WR or something, that may keep me from watching the Colts this year. That would literally be the worst thing possible that would be realsitic to destroy this team IMO. I would MUCH rather have Patmon and Coutee in the lineup to make the team. In fact, I'll do you one better, I'd rather have DeMichael Harris than TY Hilton if you want a similar receiver. I guarantee I'm against TY Hilton being re-signed more than anyone else on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, if we signed TY and he was the no3 WR or something, that may keep me from watching the Colts this year. That would literally be the worst thing possible that would be realsitic to destroy this team IMO. I would MUCH rather have Patmon and Coutee in the lineup to make the team. In fact, I'll do you one better, I'd rather have DeMichael Harris than TY Hilton if you want a similar receiver. I guarantee I'm against TY Hilton being re-signed more than anyone else on this forum. 

I know your position and I respect it. I am good either way. We will see what happens. TY might accept a deal for 1 year 4 mill which is good for us.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I as well go by who gives us a better chance to win. Yeah I love TY but blocking that out, would one rather have Patmon out there or TY if we needed a crucial 1st down on 3rd and 7. The answer is easy to me.

Honestly to me Patmon. I wouldn't trust TY to separate or to even catch the ball 100%. Patmon is much larger and younger, and can get separation. I wouldn't throw to either probably though, if it's 3rd and 7, I'm throwing to Campbell, Hines, or Dulin first, then Pittman, Pierce, and Cox after that.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know your position and I respect it. I am good either way. We will see what happens. TY might accept a deal for 1 year 4 mill which is good for us.

I appreciate it. I also respect your opinion. I just generally know how this would end up lol. I want to watch the kids and I'm sick of these veteran guys not producing for us lol. :) 

The last WR for me is a bit difficult

I would like to hold on to Strachan.... Outside of that, and knowing that we have the "big and tall store" completely sold out,

I think we need the last slot filled by an additional (maybe smaller) speed guy as backup to Campbell

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What scares me is, if Campbell or Dulin go down. With a WR like TY, he could step right in for a few games playing quality snaps as a Vet. 

I always liked TY

and you may be right, but TY is at the age where he will continue to slow

He was about 75% of what he was in the past last year.......

Does he contribute at 65% of his former self?

History tells us that once a WR starts a "slide" is rarely (if ever) comes back

Tough question

There is a reason that no one has picked him up so far as a FA

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I always liked TY

Tough question

I am just talking 1 more year on the cheap. Insurance and a solid Vet. 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The last WR for me is a bit difficult

I would like to hold on to Strachan.... Outside of that, and knowing that we have the "big and tall store" completely sold out,

I think we need the last slot filled by an additional (maybe smaller) speed guy as backup to Campbell

I also had trouble picking the last WR.  So I didn’t.  I see us acquiring another receiver at final cutdown or some other fashion.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only WR left out there is TY that worth anything at this point. I am wondering what he wants for 1 year?? I have no idea. 

There will be others.  No reason to rush for TY at this point.  My guess is to just let the preseason play out.

To me, it comes down to this - Is TY better than our #5 WR?

Not the TY of old, TY right now. 

The coaches will have a good look at the contenders and should be able to determine if they can help the team or not.  We'll know soon enough.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I always liked TY

Tough question

So we should keep a sharp eye on Michael Young Jr. 
 If one is looking for a slot that can get open quickly this guy excels.
 Very likely more physically ABLE to do so than the beloved and aged TY.

I'm not really high on signing TY if PC continues to stay healthy, but won't be made if we do. 

We wouldn't be signing him as a starter (unless PC goes down), but more as a depth (4-5-6) rotation piece for insurance. 

If we do sign him, I'd hope they'd sign him about 2 weeks prior the regular season starting. That's enough time to get him in and get some time with Ryan. I have to assume he's staying in shape right now. 

I like Young for a future slot and we should be able to get him onto the p.s. As most know I like Coutee,when he can stay healthy he has the quickness and top speed to cause trouble (As anyone who watched us get burned by him multiple times can attest). As a final spot he is a nice fit. Harris is also quick, a bit lighter and goes down easier then Keke.

Best slot back free agent is likely Cole Beasley but he is being blackballed for his actions and may not find a new home,Irsay made his feelings known last year and isn't touching him that's for sure.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-larry-fitzgerald-father-sends-fiery-warning-wr-cole-beasley-remains-unsigned

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I like Young for a future slot and we should be able to get him onto the p.s. As most know I like Coutee,when he can stay healthy he has the quickness and top speed to cause trouble (As anyone who watched us get burned by him multiple times can attest). As a final spot he is a nice fit. Harris is also quick, a bit lighter and goes down easier then Keke.

Best slot back free agent is likely Cole Beasley but he is being blackballed for his actions and may not find a new home,Irsay made his feelings known last year and isn't touching him that's for sure.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-larry-fitzgerald-father-sends-fiery-warning-wr-cole-beasley-remains-unsigned

I'm sure that's part of it, but the bigger part is simply that he's 33. He's a productive guy, but he's not a superstar. I don't think he's ever had a 1000 yard season in the NFL. And I'm not critical of his views, but I am somewhat critical at the way he went about it. 

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I also had trouble picking the last WR.  So I didn’t.  I see us acquiring another receiver at final cutdown or some other fashion.

The last slot at WR will HAVE to be able to also play special teams.... Or they go with 5

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

There will be others.  No reason to rush for TY at this point.  My guess is to just let the preseason play out.

I agree with this

There will be cuts from teams that have a much deeper WR group

Top to bottom, we MIGHT be in the top 20 (Some people "rank" us as having  bottom 10 WR group)

...... That means that there SHOULD be some folks available that are better than what we have today

On 7/30/2022 at 11:25 PM, EastStreet said:

I picked

• QB - Roll with only 2 QBs. Both Sam and Coan should pass to PS if needed. 
  • RB - Lindsay, although you can tell JT likes him some Price
  • WR - so long as PC stays healthy, my picks are Coutee and Patmon. Strachan will be hurt by the injury. TY though if PC gets hurt. 
  • TE - Ogletree and Woods. Granson just continues to struggle. 
  • OL - D Kelly should be obvious, but you never know. Not impressed with Fries, but he has history here. O'Donnell got iOL reps, so sounds like they are trying to find a way to keep him. 

To the bolded, I chose Granson but really feel Ogletree, with his flexibility, may be the correct choice.  Granson may have the edge if they choose to use a true "H-back" though?

1 hour ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

To the bolded, I chose Granson but really feel Ogletree, with his flexibility, may be the correct choice.  Granson may have the edge if they choose to use a true "H-back" though?

I just don't see the value of an H-Back type TE with Ryan if we have Hines getting more targets, other TEs hitting the seam, and Campbell getting a lot of props no in the seam. It would be different if he were sure handed, but he's not. 

Ogletree looking more and more like the smart pick for a TE spot.

Good chance we keep 4 anyway, but Ogletree is certainly moving up the pecking the order. Running with the 1s IIRC more than Granson and Woods. Granson had a good day yesterday, but he needs to keep that up. 

Archived