Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Leatherwood has been tried at tackle.   Left and right.   And failed at both.   Don’t know why he’s now struggling at guard?   You’d think he’d be able to play well enough there?  

No he's was getting better at LT....don't know why they put him at guard

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Can you elaborate?   What did Ballard say?  

Are you talking about the few numbers of LTs vs the large number of RTs?

Remember everyone kept saying that we needed to draft a tackle.  Ballard said there wasn’t many pure LT. Everyone kept saying it was a deep tackle class. Here we are two oline guys already being talked about as trade bate or being released. Now we see why one wasn’t drafted.

38 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Seems the deal they struck makes him a FA after the season. Could be a distraction but players seem to like Lance so maybe a good compromise allowing him to become a FA after the season.

Surprised that Jimmy did that.  They pretty much had to release him with his current contract and he could have picked his team this year.  Can still do it next year but a year early is a year early.  He would have had a nice market I would think.  

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Surprised that Jimmy did that.  They pretty much had to release him with his current contract and he could have picked his team this year.  Can still do it next year but a year early is a year early.  He would have had a nice market I would think.  

Yeah but I don’t think Jimmy had market for the much money this year, especially this close to the season and if he didn’t want to go to Seattle.

20 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Stephen Holder said he was told in confidence the number of targets they want to give Hines. JMV goes is it around 70. Holder said it’s higher then 70. 

That's not really how it works. Targets are earned, not given. 

Between what I have heard about targets for Pitt, Hines, Pierce, MAC...this team is apparently going to throw 800 passes this season haha

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No. Our interior d line was bad this preseason.

Please don't judge our starting d-line based on so few snaps.

It's a new D with New assignments! Grover may turn out to be a Pro Bowler. 

We know Stallworth well. And he Is a good penetrator, like we want, but he did get dominated against the run.

CB and his staff consider all possibilities, we will see if they stand pat with our Rookie tackles. If they do it is for a reason. And Stallworth could be available for awhile.

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Please don't judge our starting d-line based on so few snaps.

It's a new D with New assignments! Grover may turn out to be a Pro Bowler. 

We know Stallworth well. And he Is a good penetrator, like we want, but he did get dominated against the run.

CB and his staff consider all possibilities, we will see if they stand pat with our Rookie tackles. If they do it is for a reason. And Stallworth could be available for awhile.

Talking about depth not the starters.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That's not really how it works. Targets are earned, not given. 

Between what I have heard about targets for Pitt, Hines, Pierce, MAC...this team is apparently going to throw 800 passes this season haha

Hines has already EARNED closer to 90 targets based on past performance.

He has had 60+ catches before they made him one of the higher paid RB's.

Now that we have receivers with speed to attack all levels of the field, and with a true play action QB, Hines should easily avg. 4 catches a game.

Archived