Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure what bad juju is around him. 

Outside of the rumors about mom's BFF, there's not much lol.

The whole thing is pretty silly. His xGF is the one who put it out there. And his xGF hommie hopped (dating Zach's college buddy)... So sounds like she's tossing bricks inside a glass house. Sounds more like a scorned X than anything else. I give zero frank fritters about who he's dating or sleeping with. Has zero to do with his play. And he's just not very good right now lol. 

Yeah I really hated that initial post by(TTSM)

1. Wilson literally just probably ended his season on a non contact injury. Then you're(TTSM), not you(East), going to pile on him about being a bust. Little early to make that assessment and unfair to say that because he suffered a serious injury.

2. Then you're(TTSM) going to pile on even more talking about the guys personal life and things he has done. Which to this point, I am not even sure if it happened? Has it been confirmed? I don't think Zach confirmed it, don't think Zach's mom confirmed it? So you(TTSM) take a shot at Wilson character on something as EastStreet said, was brought up by scorned ex who yes, homie hopped to his buddy.

I thought the whole post about Wilson was repugnant, even more so considering the guy had literally just most likely ended his season on something that was beyond his control. To take professional and personal shots at Wilson at that point was rather disgusting, IMO.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, w87r said:

Yeah I really hated that initial post by(TTSM)

1. Wilson literally just probably ended his season on a non contact injury. Then you're(TTSM), not you(East), going to pile on him about being a bust. Little early to make that assessment and unfair to say that because he suffered a serious injury.

2. Then you're(TTSM) going to pile on even more talking about the guys personal life and things he has done. Which to this point, I am not even sure if it happened? Has it been confirmed? I don't think Zach confirmed it, don't think Zach's mom confirmed it? So you(TTSM) take a shot at Wilson character on something as EastStreet said, was brought up by scorned ex who yes, homie hopped to his buddy.

I thought the whole post about Wilson was repugnant, even more so considering the guy had literally just most likely ended his season on something that was beyond his control. To take professional and personal shots at Wilson at that point was rather disgusting, IMO.

Did you see the play. Non-contact, but just surprised they had him running like that in pre-season. Feel bad for the guy, but the coaching staff is super dumb for not establishing some clear no-no stuff. I'm be super cringed if Ryan decided to take off outside today in Buffalo. I know Ryan is not a Zach type QB, but still. 

To add on the whole cougar rumor... Read a couple articles when the stuff first came out. He and his mom seem be treating it with humor. His mom seems to loving all the attention, which is a bit strange... But frankly, don't care lol. I did the cougar thing in my early 20s. No big deal. Good learning experience lol. She used Lawrence being married as comp, which frankly he's the exception, not the rule. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Did you see the play. Non-contact, but just surprised they had him running like that in pre-season. Feel bad for the guy, but the coaching staff is super dumb for not establishing some clear no-no stuff. I'm be super cringed if Ryan decided to take off outside today in Buffalo. I know Ryan is not a Zach type QB, but still. 

To add on the whole cougar rumor... Read a couple articles when the stuff first came out. He and his mom seem be treating it with humor. His mom seems to loving all the attention, which is a bit strange... But frankly, don't care lol. I did the cougar thing in my early 20s. No big deal. Good learning experience lol. She used Lawrence being married as comp, which frankly he's the exception, not the rule. 

I didn't see the play. Saw the post here about it and went and checked some info. Good news is it seems he didn't tear his ACL? Well at least preliminary examination according to Saleh? Awaiting MRI results, but doctors can usually tell immediately. I guess we will see.

As far as the other part, I don't even want to go into it. Just thought it wasn't the right time to take a personal shot at Wilson. Completely unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I didn't see the play. Saw the post here about it and went and checked some info. Good news is it seems he didn't tear his ACL? Well at least preliminary examination according to Saleh? Awaiting MRI results, but doctors can usually tell immediately. I guess we will see.

As far as the other part, I don't even want to go into it. Just thought it wasn't the right time to take a personal shot at Wilson. Completely unnecessary.

Definitely not the right time. Just doesn't matter regardless. 

That's great news. Never wish injury on anyone. Jets are a sorry franchise, and while I was never super high on Zach, felt sorry he ended up in NY lol. 

22 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

The Indianapolis Colts today released tackle Jason Spriggs.

Spriggs, 6-6, 301 pounds, was signed by the Colts as a free agent on June 10, 2022. He has played in 59 career games (10 starts) in his time with the Atlanta Falcons (2021), Chicago Bears (2020) and Green Bay Packers (2016-19). Spriggs has also appeared in four postseason contests.

So who's coming in???

The Falcons having a bottom of the league OL, released him. That  should tell you every thing you need to know about him.

3 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

The Falcons having a bottom of the league OL, released him. That  should tell you every thing you need to know about him.

Not saying he's great, or even good. 

But he was listed as our #2 LG (depth chart released). So what does that say about our G depth?

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying he's great, or even good. 

But he was listed as our #2 LG (depth chart released). So what does that say about our G depth?

It could concern us, that said, he hadn't been with us long and it is still early, so i will accept that it was a slite deference to his being a veteran.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It could concern us, that said, he hadn't been with us long and it is still early, so i will accept that it was a slite defference to his being a veteran.

G depth was already a concern before he left. 

Losing both Glow and Reed hurt. 

I love Pinter, but don't see decent depth behind him. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

G depth was already a concern before he left. 

Losing both Glow and Reed hurt. 

I love Pinter, but don't see decent depth behind him. 

I really liked what i saw out of Fries last season so i was surprised that a career below average Spriggs was at #2. Oh well, CB and his staff and our coaches and players keep grinding.

Final cut day across the league is always interesting. We know decent vets always get cut because of $$$. 

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

I really liked what i saw out of Fries last season so i was surprised that a career below average Spriggs was at #2. Oh well, CB and his staff and our coaches and players keep grinding.

Final cut day across the league is always interesting. We know decent vets always get cut because of $$$. 

Fries has not looked great in 1on1s. 

I was hoping for a step forward too. 

Though Van Demark would look better too. He's likely safe though with D Kelly hurt. 

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The Colts have quietly been dropping hints about this during the off-season.   Glad to see Frank be so candid about the desire to be different this year.    

Between the bad pass blocking and the lack of trust in Wentz,  that’s why we averaged just 30 pass attempts a game last year.   We’d like to up that number.   I’m thinking maybe 35-36 per game this year.   Though I’m not sure what to expect in the pre-season. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts have quietly been dropping hints about this during the off-season.   Glad to see Frank be so candid about the desire to be different this year.    

Between the bad pass blocking and the lack of trust in Wentz,  that’s why we averaged just 30 pass attempts a game last year.   We’d like to up that number.   I’m thinking maybe 35-36 per game this year.   Though I’m not sure what to expect in the pre-season. 

I think he has said around 60 to 65 percent pass. Not sure how many pass attempts that would be. It’s possible Taylor gets more yards on less touches if the passing attack is clicking.

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Fries has not looked great in 1on1s. 

I was hoping for a step forward too. 

Though Van Demark would look better too. He's likely safe though with D Kelly hurt. 

Fries has looked OK Today. It took awhile for me to recall that i thought Fries looked promising last year as we were doing a lot of running when he got PT.  lol  

Personally….    I think both the first and second team OL have looked no better than OK….

Otherwise, I think both looked below average to disappointing.    All quarterbacks under constant pressure.    Now, that doesn’t mean the OL won’t be much better in 4 weeks….  That’s two weeks of pre-season plus two weeks leading up to wk1 of the regular season.    But I think it’s clear there is much work to do.   A lot.    

Curious as to the kind of comments Frank will give.    Standard coach speak?   Or will he be more candid and direct and say what he saw today was completely unacceptable?   Very, very curious…..

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally….    I think both the first and second team OL have looked no better than OK….

Otherwise, I think both looked below average to disappointing.    All quarterbacks under constant pressure.    Now, that doesn’t mean the OL won’t be much better in 4 weeks….  That’s two weeks of pre-season plus two weeks leading up to wk1 of the regular season.    But I think it’s clear there is much work to do.   A lot.    

Curious as to the kind of comments Frank will give.    Standard coach speak?   Or will he be more candid and direct and say what he saw today was completely unacceptable?   Very, very curious…..

Unacceptable?

Pryor, if we are fortunate, will be decent overall. He is going to get beat some in pass blocking so Ryan must be aware.

Q WILL be excellent.

Kelly is a solid run block technician, but no longer over powers. In truth, he has been underwhelming against the powerful bull rush types.

Pinter is like 306, and will be more of a athletic technician. Not a powerful drive blocker. I Expect he will also have problems with bigger, powerful types.

Smith is a run blocker. He has always gotten beatenPass defending by the very speedy. That will always be so.

I just don't see this being more than an average run or pass blocking line.

Our OFF will have to look more like a Manning/Rivers offense, thankfully with a Super RB.

Our defense looks VERY PROMISING, i hope most agree. A LOT of teams may score less than 20.   :thmup:

I didnt think Ryan was running for his life. And there wasnt much if any pregame plan or scheme in place so im somewhat neutral right now. Although ive said before the OL is a great run blocking unit and not as good pass blocking.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard did this intreview yesterday.  He said he hopes that Indy will become Yanniks home and be here awhile.

I hope he warrants the Colts re-signing him after the season.  If he does I have no doubt Ballard will get it done.

I can’t believe what I just heard on JMV. Jake Querry gots some guts but I can’t believe he went this far. He is discussing Ballard’s take on WR. Saying Ballard is arrogant the way he answers questions about WR. Says he acts like he is the only smart one.  If you get a chan d to listen to the segment later you will be shocked at how he put it.

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I can’t believe what I just heard on JMV. Jake Querry gots some guts but I can’t believe he went this far. He is discussing Ballard’s take on WR. Saying Ballard is arrogant the way he answers questions about WR. Says he acts like he is the only smart one.  If you get a chan d to listen to the segment later you will be shocked at how he put it.

Honest question:   Who is Jake Querry?   Local TV?  Local Radio?  Never heard of him. 

29 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Never mind.   I now know who Jake Querry is.   He’s the partner of Kevin Bowen on the radio.   They interviewed Ballard for a long time just as training camp opened.   Jake stuck out because there were certain topics that Ballard was only willing to say so much.  Among them, Q’s contract, bringing back TYH, the WR group.   And Jake kept trying to find different ways of getting CB to talk about the topics.   Ballard seemed mostly amused about it.   But at some point I think he may have become a little annoyed.   

But now, in light of Querry going public as he did, I’ll say this as a media person….   He’s made a mistake going public with such comments.   It’s unprofessional.   It’ll only make his job harder.   I suspect he’s not alone thinking that, the difference is you don’t hear of anyone else being so public.   When you’re media, the idea is NOT to make yourself the story.   That’s what Querry just did.   This will get to CB.   Have no idea how he’ll respond if at all?   Maybe he takes the high road?   But I think JQ made a rookie mistake.  Again, I don’t care that he thinks it.  He might even be right.  I care that he said it.   And if I was his boss, I wouldn’t be happy. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Never mind.   I now know who Jake Querry is.   He’s the partner of Kevin Bowen on the radio.   They interviewed Ballard for a long time just as training camp opened.   Jake stuck out because there were certain topics that Ballard was only willing to say so much.  Among them, Q’s contract, bringing back TYH, the WR group.   And Jake kept trying to find different ways of getting CB to talk about the topics.   Ballard seemed mostly amused about it.   But at some point I think he may have become a little annoyed.   

But now, in light of Querry going public as he did, I’ll say this as a media person….   He’s made a mistake going public with such comments.   It’s unprofessional.   It’ll only make his job harder.   I suspect he’s not alone thinking that, the difference is you don’t hear of anyone else being so public.   When you’re media, the idea is NOT to make yourself the story.   That’s what Querry just did.   This will get to CB.   Have no idea how he’ll respond if at all?   Maybe he takes the high road?   But I think JQ made a rookie mistake.  Again, I don’t care that he thinks it.  He might even be right.  I care that he said it.   And if I was his boss, I wouldn’t be happy. 

Yeah probably won't be getting anymore Ballard interviews any time soon.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I mean he goes Dakich’s show all the time and Dakich flat out says Grigson was better than Ballard.  I doubt Ballard cares that much what the media says about him.

Dakich is trolling though and Ballard and him seem to have a good relationship? I don't listen to much local sports talk, but everytime I hear Ballard and Dakich talking they always seem to be laughing about something.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is why I respect you...

46 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

True. The reporting and stories should do all of the talking needed. 

26 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I just thought Jake was very harsh. It’s much worse when you listen to it. He was on in the 4 o’clock hour if you want to go on YouTube and pull out the live stream.

I will watch this if I can find it, but I 100% agree with him by just hearing your original comment. It took guts, but he absolutely right, it needed to be said, and I guarantee you lots of members of the media think it, but keep their mouth shut. Ballard always thinks it's his way or the highway, and I'm curious if his opinion on WRs differs from Reich.

58 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I will watch this if I can find it, but I 100% agree with him by just hearing your original comment. It took guts, but he absolutely right, it needed to be said, and I guarantee you lots of members of the media think it, but keep their mouth shut. Ballard always thinks it's his way or the highway, and I'm curious if his opinion on WRs differs from Reich.

Okay why did it NEED to be said?  Do you think Ballard is going to hear it and go “oh I’ve seen the light I’ll change my ways”?  My guess is you happen to agree with what Jake said and thus you are happy he said it, which is perfectly fine.  It didn’t NEED to be said though because nothing is going to happen from it other than Ballard MIGHT not do anymore interviews with Jake.  That’s if Ballard even knows or cares what he said.  My guess is Ballard is a little busy doing other things right now than to listen to this interview and even if he did I doubt he cares.  He’s a big boy he’s been criticized before and he will be criticized again.  I doubt he cares what people not named Jim Irsay or other members of the Colts say.  

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Okay why did it NEED to be said?  Do you think Ballard is going to hear it and go “oh I’ve seen the light I’ll change my ways”?  My guess is you happen to agree with what Jake said and thus you are happy he said it, which is perfectly fine.  It didn’t NEED to be said though because nothing is going to happen from it other than Ballard MIGHT not do anymore interviews with Jake.  That’s if Ballard even knows or cares what he said.  My guess is Ballard is a little busy doing other things right now than to listen to this interview and even if he did I doubt he cares.  He’s a big boy he’s been criticized before and he will be criticized again.  I doubt he cares what people not named Jim Irsay or other members of the Colts say.  

Thanks for proving my point. He doesn't care what people not named Jim Irsay or other members of the Colts say. It needed to be said so more casual fans can be aware of this situation and do their own research afterwards on what they think of the team instead of blindly trusting the FO. Ballard is one of those guys that if he doesn't feel he is wrong about something, he will never change his ways. He even said in "with the next pick" in an episode, "it's my way or the highway". He is incredibly arrogant. He's a really good GM, but it's a negative when he's arrogant about the things he's wrong in.

None of us on the forum will ever probably have enough of a voice to reach enough Colts fans to make a difference (good or bad). Jake has enough of an audience where his comments may make a difference to some people. Irsay aims to please the fans, if it gets noticed by enough people complaining (whether by voice or with their paychecks),  then maybe Irsay forces Ballard to sign a big name WR in FA or trade for one. What Jake is doing takes guts, is honest, and may make a difference for the Colts if Irsay notices it because he is a big enough name. This can only be a good thing.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks for proving my point. He doesn't care what people not named Jim Irsay or other members of the Colts say. It needed to be said so more casual fans can be aware of this situation and do their own research afterwards on what they think of the team instead of blindly trusting the FO. Ballard is one of those guys that if he doesn't feel he is wrong about something, he will never change his ways. He even said in "with the next pick" in an episode, "it's my way or the highway". He is incredibly arrogant. He's a really good GM, but it's a negative when he's arrogant about the things he's wrong in.

None of us on the forum will ever probably have enough of a voice to reach enough Colts fans to make a difference (good or bad). Jake has enough of an audience where his comments may make a difference to some people. Irsay aims to please the fans, if it gets noticed by enough people complaining (whether by voice or with their paychecks),  then maybe Irsay forces Ballard to sign a big name WR in FA or trade for one. What Jake is doing takes guts, is honest, and may make a difference for the Colts if Irsay notices it because he is a big enough name. This can only be a good thing.

No GM or coach in the NFL cares what people who aren’t their owner or in their building say.  Heck you could expand that to sports in general.  

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Goodness gracious…..   you’ve made this so personal.     :facepalm:

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

No GM or coach in the NFL cares what people who aren’t their owner or in their building say.  Heck you could expand that to sports in general.  

Ok, do you think Frank Reich (being a former offensive coordinator), likes the current receiver group if he's being honest. I bash Reich all the time, but it's not like he has much to work with besides Pittman, and I doubt he's super-happy about not having a solid veteran or a no2 WR to go with Pittman. If you think he's satisfied with the current WR core, I'd say you're dead wrong.

Ok, do you think Frank Reich (being a former offensive coordinator), likes the current receiver group if he's being honest. I bash Reich all the time, but it's not like he has much to work with besides Pittman, and I doubt he's super-happy about not having a solid veteran or a no2 WR to go with Pittman. If you think he's satisfied with the current WR core, I'd say you're dead wrong.

I have no clue I don’t talk to Frank so all I can go on is what he says publicly.  I doubt you honestly know what Frank thinks either.  I think you are trying pass off your opinion as Frank’s to make it right.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I have no clue I don’t talk to Frank so all I can go on is what he says publicly.  I doubt you honestly know what Frank thinks either.  I think you are trying pass off your opinion as Frank’s to make it right.  

I think if Reich is a normal HC, he would pressure Ballard into getting a no2 WR alongside Pittman to make things easier. Not sure why you would want to play at such a disadvantage. That's a disservice to you, Matt Ryan, the offense, the defense, the fanbase who goes to these games, and Jim Irsay who trusts you and Ballard to win games every year and compete for a SB.

I think if Reich is a normal HC, he would pressure Ballard into getting a no2 WR alongside Pittman to make things easier. Not sure why you would want to play at such a disadvantage. That's a disservice to you, Matt Ryan, the offense, the defense, the fanbase who goes to these games, and Jim Irsay who trusts you and Ballard to win games every year and compete for a sB.

Because he actually likes the young guys?  I mean it’s possible he’s telling you the truth and it’s just not what you want to hear.  

Also for your theory to work you have to ignore that by all accounts it was Frank that pushed for the Wentz move last year and Ballard was the one who wasn’t 100% sold on it but they made the move anyways.  So if Ballard is a my way or the highway guy how did Wentz get here?  Also do you really expect anyone to believe Frank has the pull to get a new starting QB at the cost of a first round pick but he can’t get the team to get a vet WR if he wants one?

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because he actually likes the young guys?  I mean it’s possible he’s telling you the truth and it’s just not what you want to hear.  

If that's true, then it's just incompetence. At best, he is depending on growth without any reliable option behind Pittman. At worst, he's relying on luck that a player breaks out and is winging it based on numbers. Not sure what it is, but there's no logical reason at this point to think our WR core will be improved unless you think Campbell will have a big year and his injuries are what held him back. Pierce is a rookie and probably needs a year, and the rest are low round picks who are dart throws. 

Archived