Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

BREAKING: NFL NETWORK doing a live show right from training camp, Major Hype happening right now, TUNE IN !!!  Larra Overton part of the three-person hosting.  Great stuff !!! They just said that they are going to have live look-in to the 11 on 11 , WOW !!!!  What a surprise this is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

BREAKING: NFL NETWORK doing a live show right from training camp, Major Hype happening right now, TUNE IN !!!  Larra Overton part of the three-person hosting.  Great stuff !!! They just said that they are going to have live look-in to the 11 on 11 , WOW !!!!  What a surprise this is.

Just saw that too. Created a thread to call it out. 

That's super cool!!

I had the channel on hoping to get a tidbit or two, but really surprised LO was set up like that. 

Hope they show a bunch

• Like 1

High Praise for Ashton Dulin:

“I cannot emphasize how strongly we feel about Ashton Dulin,” Reich told reporters after practice. “He’s going to play a role in this offense. He’s proven it, he’s earned it…We love him. We’re all planning on him making a significant contribution not only to special teams, but to the offense this year.”

Dulin hasn’t had a featured role in the Indianapolis offense, but that could change in 2022 with how Reich has been talking about him at training camp. He made a handful of impressive catches during Saturday’s practice, so we’ll see if he can continue to make plays heading into the preseason.

https://heavy.com/sports/indianapolis-colts/frank-reich-ashton-dulin-2022-outlook/

14 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor reveals the Colt who's 'been running by dudes all camp' is rookie RB D'vonte Price. Competition makes our players better!

https://www.nfl.com/videos/jonathan-taylor-reveals-the-colt-who-s-been-running-by-dudes-all-camp

Good stuff. I watched the link below regarding Rogers. More good stuff.

And i didn't miss that Cross has worked with Ryan Clark. Really good stuff!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It took him five minutes lol.

I had the wrong decade.  Instead of talking about his frat house in 1990, Jake referenced the college class he's taking in 2022.

58 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard said they will get through this week and see how the WR group looks before making a decision on the WR group.

Kevin asked him about Parris and he goes Parris hasn’t locked anything down and needs to earn it. 

Which is absolutely true.  He's been hurt more than healthy ..... But if your take away from that interview was Parris Campbell is on the chopping block..... You heard a different interview than I did 

Pittman Praises Pierce:

Wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. said wide receiver Alec Pierce is "light years" ahead of where Pittman was as a rookie two years ago. "He's a smart kid and he's not really messing up," Pittman said, "which is really great for a guy that young going up against Kenny Moore (and) Stephon."

https://www.colts.com/news/alec-pierce-jelani-woods-nick-cross-rookie-updates-training-camp

Jelani Woods is feeling prepared and excited for the 2022 season:

Pittman, of course, entered the NFL in 2020 without any on-field work before training camp due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And the positive impact of the Colts' full offseason program – rookie minicamp, OTAs, veteran minicamp, meetings, training, etc. – is being felt by this year's rookie class. "The OTAs period was my learning curve, getting adjusted to everything and now I'm just kind of rolling into everything," tight end Jelani Woods said.

As Woods is getting up to speed, he's catching passes from two quarterbacks he looked up to as a kid. Woods, an Atlanta-area native, grew up watching Matt Ryan; as a quarterback at Cedar Grove High School, Woods studied Nick Foles.

Woods said he's feeling comfortable in the Colts' offense after spending his summer studying his playbook and working on the details of his routes and blocking assignments. "I kind of feel up to speed," Woods said, "so I feel very relaxed and like I definitely belong here and I've been on the team for a couple years even though there's still a learning curve."

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Pittman Praises Pierce:

Wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. said wide receiver Alec Pierce is "light years" ahead of where Pittman was as a rookie two years ago. "He's a smart kid and he's not really messing up," Pittman said, "which is really great for a guy that young going up against Kenny Moore (and) Stephon."

https://www.colts.com/news/alec-pierce-jelani-woods-nick-cross-rookie-updates-training-camp

Part of the reason that Pierce is so far ahead of Pitt, is that MPJ had to deal with the worst of Covid.    There were severe restrictions in Spring of 2020 which was very early Covid and no Vaxx.    That put Pitt behind the curve for normal rookies.  

This is not just my opinion, I read this in a different story that did a better job of explaining the circumstances.   Context is helpful.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Part of the reason that Pierce is so far ahead of Pitt, is that MPJ had to deal with the worst of Covid.    There were severe restrictions in Spring of 2020 which was very early Covid and no Vaxx.    That put Pitt behind the curve for normal rookies.  

This is not just my opinion, I read this in a different story that did a better job of explaining the circumstances.   Context is helpful.   

Very true, I think this story suggests the same. In retrospect, Pittman did pretty well in dealing with all of those restrictions. No doubt that is why he improved so much last season after getting the full slate of offseason workouts. Hopefully, he continues to get even better this year!

• Like 1

The Jaguars waived offensive lineman Denzel Okafor to make room for Jared Hocker. Okafor signed with the team after going undrafted last month.

Camp body?

Edited by Bolt Colt
Misspelled name

1 hour ago, Bolt Colt said:

The Jaguars waived offensive lineman Denzel Okafor to make room for Jared Hocker. Okafor signed with the team after going undrafted last month.

Camp body?

Just like with Defensive ends, and receivers, the Colts want to make sure they have enough bodies at every position to evaluate everyone properly in camp.  The process allows them to decide who will be starters, who will be reserves, who will be practice squad candidates and who will be cut altogether. Chris Ballard has stated many times that this process continues almost nonstop. A current great example of this is Danny Pinter. We have a good center in Ryan Kelly. But, anytime Kelly has been out, Pinter has filled-in and done quite well. Is he as good as Kelly? Maybe not, but he has proven to be a flexible and reliable player and teammate. The Colts have recognized this by allowing him to compete for another starting position on the line. Competition breeds success. So the Colts are constantly looking to bring in new players who they believe fit their culture and want to compete. In an interview this weekend, Jonathan Taylor was sharing with the reporters how impressed he was by a 5th-string running back who was running away from guys in practice this week. This pushes RB 1-4 to continue to get better as well. On a radio program this morning someone asked Ballard if Parris Campbell had the #2 receiving spot wrapped up if he stays healthy. Ballard, (and I am paraphrasing) simply said that nothing is locked up. All players, including Parris need to show up every day, play hard, and earn their positions. With 17 games, the NFL season is a long and grinding process, players get banged-up and slowed-up by injuries. The Colts are doing the right thing by keeping a pulse of who wants to compete and play hard at every position so that they can be ready to go when they are called upon.

• Like 2

The Indianapolis Colts brought in a group of free agents for tryouts on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson. 

The full list includes:

WR Chris Blair

WR Johnnie Dixon

OT Darius Harper

C Alex Mollette

WR D.J. Montgomery

G Denzel Okafor

WR Taywan Taylor

G Willie Wright

Taylor, 27, was drafted by the Titans in the third round of the 2017 draft out of Western Kentucky. After two years with the Titans, Taylor was traded to the Browns for a seventh-round pick. Taylor spent the 2019 season with the Browns before being released coming out of training camp last year. He later signed on to the Browns’ practice squad before being called up. The Texans signed Taylor to a contract last year before waiving him at the start of the regular season.  In 2020, Taylor appeared in three games, but did not record a catch.

• Thanks 1

Colts Injury Update Courtesy of the Indianapolis Star:

LB Shaquille Leonard- (back) remains on the PUP list as he recovers from back surgery. His timetable for return still isn’t yet clear.

WR Mike Strachan- (knee) also remains on the PUP list after undergoing a knee procedure this offseason. The Colts hope he will return before the end of camp, but that’s up in the air.

DT Chris Williams- (undisclosed) was seen in a walking boot on his foot during Saturday night’s practice.

CB Tony Brown- (undisclosed) didn’t practice Saturday night either for an unknown reason.

TE Mo Alie-Cox- (knee) tweaked his knee during a collision with cornerback Stephon Gilmore on Saturday night. Head coach Frank Reich doesn’t believe it’s a serious injury.

DT DeForest Buckner- (back) has been dealing with a small back issue. He’s been practicing with limited reps but saw an increase in his workload Saturday night, suggesting he’s getting close to fully participating.

16 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Colts Place WR John Hurst, G/T Carter O'Donnell On Injured Reserve, Sign C Alex Mollette.

Darn, I had O’Donnell making our 53.  I’ve had my eye on him for some time - when a player is on our PS non-stop for two years, I take notice.  Looks like Fries is back in for me…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

Darn, I had O’Donnell making our 53.  I’ve had my eye on him for some time - when a player is on our PS non-stop for two years, I take notice.  Looks like Fries is back in for me…

Fries was always going to make it. He is basically Kelly’s backup with Pinter at RG.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Fries was always going to make it. He is basically Kelly’s backup with Pinter at RG.

We’ll never know.  He always has had a good chance, but his roster spot is safer with O’Donnell out.  We’re looking at Spriggs and Fries being the backup interior guys, and D. Kelly being and Raimsnn back-up OT, but all four can probably play four OL positions…

58 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Woah 

It would be interesting. Just read this story yesterday suggesting OBJ may end up at a different AFC contender. Retired Buffalo Bills legend Andre Reed shared a picture of himself posing with free agent receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to Instagram over the weekend. In his caption, Reed wrote that Beckham would be heading to Buffalo. “How would OBJ look in Red,White and Blue?” wrote Reed. “Him and Von [Miller] runnin it back in Buffalo. Lets just say we had good convo last night in Atlantic City.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Andre Reed (@andre_reed83)

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/hall-fame-wr-andre-reed-claim-odell-beckham-rams-sign-bills/601662

• w87r locked this topic
  • w87r unpinned this topic