Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless On Luck/Colts' Decision [Merge]

MrPreGame

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped watching First take a few months back. Skip stopped being a reporter/writer when he decided to go for sensational statements. He is no longer creditable. If Steven A Smith keeps it up he will be the same. I really liked that show because of Eric Mangini would break down games/plays so very well. Awesome watching him do that. He may not be a head coach somewhere but he should definatley be on someones staff.

Skip just wants headlines and to boost his twitter/facebook whatever crap accounts. He will say one smart thing and 3 dumb ones. He increasingly became more personal with his shots against players and now they just try defending themselves against all the athletes who are sick of hearing their loud mouthes. He may have made some decent points but he loses so much credibility by saying dumb stuff that no one will listen. Long gone are his great reporter/columnist days that is for sure. RIP SKIP BAYLESS.

A good rule of thumb for life : Whatever comes out of Skip Bayless' mouth, the opposite is usually rational and true.

Just a question I saw gruden camp when Andrew luck said I was banned from throwing fades I didn't really get it so can you kinda elaborate on what he meant

Just a question I saw gruden camp when Andrew luck said I was banned from throwing fades I didn't really get it so can you kinda elaborate on what he meant

I actually just saw a couple clips from Gruden's QB camp too. I found it hilarious when Gruden asks RG3 what winning the Heisman trophy meant to him.

RG3's response: "It's great to win the Heisman because it immortalizes you forever."

:facepalm:

He can say what he wants. I think RG3's style of lay will have him injured and gone before Luck comes close to retiring. I don't want a QB that won't wait for a reciever to get open and take off running. If I am a LB and I see the Qb running, I'm going head hunting.

I actually just saw a couple clips from Gruden's QB camp too. I found it hilarious when Gruden asks RG3 what winning the Heisman trophy meant to him.

RG3's response: "It's great to win the Heisman because it immortalizes you forever."

I'm glad he teels himself that, whatever makes him feel better about himself I suppose. Just ask Reggie Bush about his Heisman or OJ Simpson! Ouch that was bad I know. I don't like Griffin's attitude anyway. Arrogant and not serious enough to lead a franchise, IMO not to mention turning dwn the opportunity to do a private workout. Come on now, even if we never had any intentions on drafting him, atleast we extended the courtasy.

And the problem with that is?

I swear some of you can't wait to see RG fail just because of his media-hyped "rivalry" with Luck.

I actually like his attitude better than Luck's, he has a fire in him.

First,congrats to Andrew Luck,Ive watched everything on him and he will be a top tier QB in the AFC for many years.I watched Bspn,where Bayless said Luck is no good.He like most of the media want to say Luck is no good and RG#3 is the second coming.Hes the same one who says Tebow is the greatest too.Luck will make Tebow an afterthought.These media people are just jealous.They never seem to like the Colts,and i dont know why.

I swear some of you can't wait to see RG fail just because of his media-hyped "rivalry" with Luck.

I like Matt Schaub's attitude. So much fire and passion.....it's infectious.

matt_schaub_bummed.350w_263h.jpg

The problem is if you are " immortalized" it all ready means "forever" its an oxymoron. Next question.

I don't think the poster was hating on RG111, i think he was "facepalming" how ignorant his statement was. I might also assume that you didn't catch the irony of the post, just a guess.

I see you didn't catch the irony of mine, either, and I'm offended that you thought I could hate someone so easily.

Pointing out stuff like that is just nitpicking.

Vance I agree with many of your post for the most part but I have to disagree with that one. Luck is one of the (if not the) most intelligent, cerebral and studious QB at the collegiate level. It doesn't take a genius to realize that when listening to his interviews, coaches and the experts. How will that transition to the NFL level, no one knows yet??? Even Bill Polian the other day on sirius/xm was hyping up Luck even though originally he seemed to prefer RGiii but said intelligent QBs have no ceiling, referring to Luck (NOT saying that RG is unintelligent btw). I on the other hand don't want to see RGiii fail. I wish him the best but after having a player like Peyton, I personally prefer a studious, humble player. RGiii might be more dynamic and explosive and I think the most athletic QB overall (being a world class athlete, track star), but he exhibits a slight arrogance and cockiness. That worries me to a certain extent.

In the end I think both will be very solid, but I think Luck fits the Colts mold more than RGiii. I also think Luck does have a lot of fire which you and I will both eventually see first hand down the road. They both will be solid.

Gruden asks him to throw a back shoulder fade, then says "have you ever done this?". Luck's response "I was banned from throwing fades." It's a funny, tongue in cheek way of saying he's good at it.

Much like asking Freeney if he's ever performed a spin move on a lineman. He could respond with "I was banned from doing spin moves."

I thought it was funny...didn't expect it from him.

haha Skip Bayless...facepalm.

He the quintessential self-loathing, White person. And as such his baseline belief is that all established "truth" and social norms flow from people like him and is therefore corrupt. As a result he has a kneejerk contrarianism towards anything resembling conventional wisdom. So he must hate the Luck selection over RGIII. He must hate the truth. Facts to him are okay because they can be manipulated but the truth...no, that is anathema to him.

The truth is Luck is the superior selection across the board. But the alternative to the truth is far too tantalizing to a dimwitt like Bayless. He must chase it. He must assign ultimate value to it. Otherwise, the internal, intellectually superior identity that he has created for himself (to overcome his self-loathing) has to come down. /PsychiatristOff

I've been trying a long time to comeup with an adequate rationalization of Skip Bayless and what it is about him that I detest. I search no longer, your two paragraphs will suffice. Thank you.

Skippy doing what he is good at... getting people riled up. He cracks me up how he is so loud and talking over others and gets louder the less facts he has to back up his opinion.... regardless, the LIONS do have a good shot at the SB this year, but not because of Lacey!

McShay made a good point this morning. Picture a 4 lane interstate with no traffic or median and you are driving really fast on it with no problems. But, put a median and lots of traffic on it and all of a sudden it takes a lot of driving skill to drive this interstate fast. He said according to tape, Wheedon(sp) has been driving an empty interstate really fast in college and the few times there was traffic, he did worse than all of the other qBs in the draft. Tannehill, on the other hand, fared very well on this obstacle riddled interstate. This is a good indicator for how well each will perform in the NFL.

I honestly can't remember the last time Skip Bayless said something that I even somewhat agreed with. The guy is an absolute joke of an "analyst". Against the grain or not, the man's an *.

I dont get the impression he watches the Colts much either...

He speaks of them interns of Irsay and Kravitz..

I dont think he knows who Pat Angerer is

Vance I agree with many of your post for the most part but I have to disagree with that one. Luck is one of the (if not the) most intelligent, cerebral and studious QB at the collegiate level. It doesn't take a genius to realize that when listening to his interviews, coaches and the experts. How will that transition to the NFL level, no one knows yet??? Even Bill Polian the other day on sirius/xm was hyping up Luck even though originally he seemed to prefer RGiii but said intelligent QBs have no ceiling, referring to Luck (NOT saying that RG is unintelligent btw). I on the other hand don't want to see RGiii fail. I wish him the best but after having a player like Peyton, I personally prefer a studious, humble player. RGiii might be more dynamic and explosive and I think the most athletic QB overall (being a world class athlete, track star), but he exhibits a slight arrogance and cockiness. That worries me to a certain extent.

In the end I think both will be very solid, but I think Luck fits the Colts mold more than RGiii. I also think Luck does have a lot of fire which you and I will both eventually see first hand down the road. They both will be solid.

They're just different styles, Andrew is a quiet, carry a big stick kinda guy, and RG has more flair, and is not afraid of voicing his opinion. Neither is attitude is wrong. But the vibe I get a lot on this forum is more of a disdain for RG's attitude. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Andrew's way mirrors Peyton in his quietness. I think both ways are fine, and you can have either and succeed in the NFL.