Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Confident That Surgery Has Corrected Leg & Ankle Issues

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Yes but he will miss a few regular season games they are reposting now.

no one has officially said he will miss regular season games. Just that there is no timetable at the moment. He has another month before that reality. There is time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

no one has officially said he will miss regular season games. Just that there is no timetable at the moment. He has another month before that reality. There is time. 

image.png.e6ee81fbb095aae341553ab6086bbd36.png

3 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Appreciate the link. Usually feel like I would of saw that as I am on there often.

Anyway, there is all kinds of things wrong with that write up.

1. Just because he is on PUP now doesn't mean he has to stay there, even if he doesn't practice before cut downs. He can be taken off for final roster cut down and come back in week 2, 3, 4...whenever. Doesn't have to.stay there, just count as roster spot when cut downs happen.

2. They took that narrative all on an assumption, no concrete evidence. Then doubled down on their interpretation.

"Some time" could be next week, in 2 weeks. They made it out to be doomsday and started with 4 games out. Which like I said doesn't even have to be that case, even of he isn't ready for week 1.

Still have 4 1/2 weeks before week 1.

Only thing that matters though is that the issue is taken care of and he is ready to play when he gets back out there.

6 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Yes but he will miss a few regular season games they are reposting now.

I would at least call Chicago to see what it would cost to trade for LB Roquan Smith. He just requested a trade. Then when Leonard does come back the Colts have a nasty trio of LBers. I would maybe offer up a 2024 2nd or 3rd. We may need the high picks in 2023 to trade up for a longterm QB. 

We still have plenty of time until the kickoff of our 2022 season.

I trust in what Shaquille Leonard has to say about his rehabilitation - and - I trust the training staff to do what is in the best interest of the player - and - by extension - the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

I am glad to read this, yet understand the reasoning of those still bitten by Luck's injuries.

Wasn't just bitten by Luck injuries. Goes back to how the Colts handled it during the process and what was being released to the fans.

As I feel like, had been reported, Luck told them early in the offseason he was wanting to retire. They told him to take his time and figure it out, thinking he would get to camp and change his mind. All speculation on my part.

So fans get a little hesitant and worried in the future about being "misled" like that again.

Really do think the team handled it the best way they could though. Even if like I said, fans felt a little mislead by information coming out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Wasn't just bitten by Luck injuries. Goes back to how the Colts handled it during the process and what was being released to the fans.

As I feel like, had been reported, Luck told them early in the offseason he was wanting to retire. They told him to take his time and figure it out, thinking he would get to camp and change his mind. All speculation on my part.

So fans get a little hesitant and worried in the future about being "misled" like that again.

Really do think the team handled it the best way they could though. Even if like I said, fans felt a little mislead by information coming out.

I was trying to be gracious, but can't disagree with a word you said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I said it last year and stand behind it. This contract will turn out to be buyers remorse. 

Considering you can cut a NFL player anytime you want and get out of the contract and not have to pay them I doubt it.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I said it last year and stand behind it. This contract will turn out to be buyers remorse. 

Didn't I say I wouldn't have resigned him and instead franchise him? I got called a hater. I said he was  a small lb and based on all his tackles it would catch up to him much like a running back and I  said he would be injuredand wear down. As Taylor Swift said " haters going to hate" lol.

• Like 1