Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Colts “Big Fatty” play?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

   For the sake of the topic, we’ll exclude the Baltimore days and even though the thread is entitled “Big Fatty”, feel free to include any memorable DT play from the Colts

   Mine starts at around 1:55 of these highlights. (It was a week or so before 9/11 and there were a couple of shots of the World Trade Center during commercial breaks (little did we know).

     Chuckle Nwokorie grabs a fumble and…..lumbers……96 yards…for….a… touchdown!!! I thought it was halarious!

 

 

 

 Edit: Any memorable play from a player > 290 pounds. 

Edited by Superman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

Didn't Dan Klecko score a TD in the AFCCG against the Pats in '06? 

 

 

  Yes and I guess you could add Saturday’s fumble recovery in the same game (even though he’s an offensive player).   
   I probably should have labeled it something different to include “touchdowns by 290+ Colts”

or something like that. Could you please edit it?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll go with Jonathon Newsome.   I imagine he enjoys a big fatty.

 

Newsome was selected in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2014 NFL draft by the Indianapolis Colts, the first Ball State player to be drafted by the Colts.[4] He recorded his first NFL tackle on the September 21, 2014 in the Colts win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. In week 9, playing against the New York Giants, he recorded 7 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.[5] Newsome made his first career start in week 17, and went on to win the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award for his performance. He finished the game with 8 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2 sacks.[6] Newsome finished the season with a team-leading 6.5 total sacks, the second-most amongst NFL rookies in 2014 and the third most by a rookie in Colts' franchise history. Jonathan was released from the Indianapolis Colts on February 22, 2016, after being arrested by police for marijuana possession.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

  Yes and I guess you could add Saturday’s fumble recovery in the same game (even though he’s an offensive player).   
   I probably should have labeled it something different to include “touchdowns by 290+ Colts”

or something like that. Could you please edit it?

 

 

Edited. Does that work?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll go with Jonathon Newsome.   I imagine he enjoys a big fatty.

 

Newsome was selected in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2014 NFL draft by the Indianapolis Colts, the first Ball State player to be drafted by the Colts.[4] He recorded his first NFL tackle on the September 21, 2014 in the Colts win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. In week 9, playing against the New York Giants, he recorded 7 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.[5] Newsome made his first career start in week 17, and went on to win the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award for his performance. He finished the game with 8 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2 sacks.[6] Newsome finished the season with a team-leading 6.5 total sacks, the second-most amongst NFL rookies in 2014 and the third most by a rookie in Colts' franchise history. Jonathan was released from the Indianapolis Colts on February 22, 2016, after being arrested by police for marijuana possession.

Oh how times have changed. I dont think they even care about pot anymore. Maybe have to pass a drug test to start the season and i think good after that.  I know Indy just gives a ticket now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

   For the sake of the topic, we’ll exclude the Baltimore days 

You lost me at hello :)  

 

Any sentence with "Colts big fatty" in it is first and foremost defined by Art Donovan IMO.

 

But that all said, I'll take Steve Emtmann rumblin bumblin stumblin for a 90 yd INT TD back when.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Bernard Raimann in that role this year.  Big, athletic, former tight end.   You can do things with a player like that.    6th lineman on short down and distance.   A potential weapon on possible field goals and extra points.  
 

“Everybody Loves Raimann”

 

That’s his slogan!  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

   For the sake of the topic, we’ll exclude the Baltimore days and even though the thread is entitled “Big Fatty”, feel free to include any memorable DT play from the Colts

   Mine starts at around 1:55 of these highlights. (It was a week or so before 9/11 and there were a couple of shots of the World Trade Center during commercial breaks (little did we know).

     Chuckle Nwokorie grabs a fumble and…..lumbers……96 yards…for….a… touchdown!!! I thought it was halarious!

 

 

 

 Edit: Any memorable play from a player > 290 pounds. 


I went to high school with Chuckie, he was a freaking riot!!! Loved watching him play for Purdue/Colts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Steve Entman Colts DT intercepts Dan Mario for a TD. But not sure of the yardage but it had to be at least 95 yards. 

IIRC it was 90, a record at the time for a DL. Such a #### shame how injuries wrecked his career.

 

My fav moment of that was when after the TD they showed him inhaling oxygen on the sidelines, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

  • Members

    • Shive

      Shive 4,042

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyJoe

      IndyJoe 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 20,619

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dunk

      Dunk 740

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 5,058

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ChuggaBeer

      ChuggaBeer 638

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlackTiger

      BlackTiger 565

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 6,423

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lester

      lester 81

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 11,447

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...