Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

11 Colt's free agents signed by other teams this offseason.


Recommended Posts

11 Colts' free agents signed by other teams this offseason

Kevin Hickey 

 

The Indianapolis Colts made some big moves this offseason through free agency, trades and the 2022 NFL draft. They also have seen a handful of their own players sign with other teams.

While the Colts signed 10 players from free agency and traded for two more, they have seen 11 of their players sign with new teams. There are a number of players who remain in free agency, including the likes of T.Y. Hilton, Eric Fisher and Xavier Rhodes.

Here are the 11 Colts’ free agents who were signed by other teams this offseason (thus far):

 

1. G Mark Glowinski (New York Giants)

a190320a5a0a47f6ad91ccd71cbcf512.jpg?res

 

2. S George Odum (San Francisco 49ers)

b048af506a2a40c7a81c25c629d362f2.jpg?res

 

3. DE Al-Quadin Muhammad (Chicago Bears)

 

7698477a09b24afb941cc96b4cb141a9.jpg?res

 

 

4. WR Zach Pascal (Philadelphia Eagles)

1203fff11ff947ac93c0a4a5fce53183.jpg?res

 

5. RB Marlon Mack (Houston Texans)

USATSI_16941931.jpg?resize=1024,674

 

6. G Chris Reed (Minnesota Vikings)

USATSI_16642456.jpg?resize=1024,683

 

7. DT Taylor Stallworth (Kansas City Chiefs)

1357338203.jpg?resize=1024,703

 

8. DE Kemoko Turay (San Francisco 49ers)

USATSI_15312023.jpg?resize=1024,694

 

9. LB Matthew Adams (Chicago Bears)

USATSI_15326076.jpg?resize=1024,683

 

10. DE Isaac Rochell (Cleveland Browns)

USATSI_16642455.jpg?resize=1024,683

 

11. OT Julién Davenport (Chicago Bears)

USATSI_16798709.jpg?resize=1024,683

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flus...

 

Liked what he saw in AQM and cant blame him much there, solid though never will be a top DE plays hard.

 

Liked what he saw in Adams ,likely st play and he should fill that role for the Bears easy enough.

 

Liked what he saw in Davenport....ummm...well....ughh...got nothing....

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


There’s a difference between Ballard and the previous GM.     Players drafted by CB are signed by other teams.   The overwhelming majority of Grigson drafted players once they left the Colts were quickly out of football.  
 

Guys like Clark, Haeg, and I think our 7th round center are career backups.   But the rest, are seeking new career opportunities.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:


There’s a difference between Ballard and the previous GM.     Players drafted by CB are signed by other teams.   The overwhelming majority of Grigson drafted players once they left the Colts were quickly out of football.  
 

Guys like Clark, Haeg, and I think our 7th round center are career backups.   But the rest, are seeking new career opportunities.  

The hard to pinpoint issue is.....was it the player....or our staff development at the time...or both?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

The hard to pinpoint issue is.....was it the player....or our staff development at the time...or both?

Its the player.  Every team needs more depth. If they have talent a team will sign them and try to develop them further while filling a backup role. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pascal would have been nice to have as well.

 

The Colts wanted to become more athletic and explosive at the WR spot with high ceiling guys who can bring different traits to the offense. Zach Pascal is a solid depth WR that can come in and give quality snaps and bring in 30-40 catches 300-400 yards and 3-4 TDs rotating in as the 3rd or 4th WR in the lineup. Chris Ballard & Frank Reich like taller guys who can stretch the field and use their size to make plays down the field. Guys like Dezmon Patmon have higher ceilings than a Zach Pascal while other guys like Ashton Dulin  can play special teams which makes them valuable. The Colts are banking on Parris Campbell because of his elite speed and big play-making ability.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, Four2itus said:

The hard to pinpoint issue is.....was it the player....or our staff development at the time...or both?

 

I think both. Take Phillip Dorsett, definitely overdrafted, but also wasn't deployed and developed well while he was here. (Add him to NCF's list, he's on the Texans roster right now.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 4:31 AM, Dark Superman said:

 

The Colts wanted to become more athletic and explosive at the WR spot with high ceiling guys who can bring different traits to the offense. Zach Pascal is a solid depth WR that can come in and give quality snaps and bring in 30-40 catches 300-400 yards and 3-4 TDs rotating in as the 3rd or 4th WR in the lineup. Chris Ballard & Frank Reich like taller guys who can stretch the field and use their size to make plays down the field. Guys like Dezmon Patmon have higher ceilings than a Zach Pascal while other guys like Ashton Dulin  can play special teams which makes them valuable. The Colts are banking on Parris Campbell because of his elite speed and big play-making ability.

 

Yeah, pretty simple move to understand IMO. Ballard and Reich spoke glowingly about Pascal at every opportunity, and then let him leave to Philly for $1.5m, less than half of what he made last year. He obviously wasn't considered a priority. Good pro, good teammate, but we needed to add better athletes at the position.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 8:30 PM, Four2itus said:

The hard to pinpoint issue is.....was it the player....or our staff development at the time...or both?


I suspect it’s more player than it was the coaches.     And the reason is this……

 

One of my strongest memories of 2017 came in the off-season right before the season started.   Someone here started a thread stating his shock that almost all of our coaches had been hired by other teams and wondered how that was even possible since the consensus here was that all our coaches SUCKED!!

 

By the time the thread was over people began to realize that the coaching may not have been great, but many of the coaches were clearly good but they had less and less talent to work with.   And that came from the front office. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...