Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt's Darius Leonard gives back to his hometown of Lake View.

Bolt Colt

NFL player Darius Leonard gives back to hometown of Lake View.

by Tonya Brown

LAKE VIEW, S.C. — Lake View native and Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard helped make the dreams come true of many people in his hometown through major upgrades at a community park.

Leonard's Maniac Foundation partnered with the Town of Lake View in the project.

Community members said there's an extended basketball court that's college size, new basketball goals and newly built restrooms, all thanks to Leonard.

Tecumseh Worley lives next door to the park.

Worley said he's lived in Lake View all of his life and is thankful that his children now have a beautiful park in their immediate community.

"I'm deeply, deeply happy for a rebuild. And everything else because I grew up here. And I wouldn't want to see it die down.Or anything. So, I'm very happy that he's done his part to help rebuild it, " said Worley.

The Maniac Foundation's website said it's mission is "dedicated to transforming communities through education, wellness, serving families in need and other charitable causes. It was established in 2020 by Indianapolis Colts All-Pro Linebacker, Darius Leonard and his wife Kayla."

Leonard also hold football camps every summer in Lake View to teach youngsters the fundamentals of football.

His website said that he is a constant volunteer in the Lake View and Indianapolis communities.

Kids Playing GIF by moodman

2 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Either 1) these kids are attempting their best impression of DL's maniac dance or 2) these kids are showing the side effects from an FDA clinical trial where they consumed nothing but Captain Crunch cereal for two weeks.

Or….they drank too much Kool Aid and need a restroom QUICK!

7 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Either 1) these kids are attempting their best impression of DL's maniac dance or 2) these kids are showing the side effects from an FDA clinical trial where they consumed nothing but Captain Crunch cereal for two weeks.

We all know which FDA clinical trial it actually was. :peek:

Archived