Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Unit Ranks: Colts vs Titans


Recommended Posts

Now that PFF has all the unit ranks out (added a few other things too).....


                                   Colts                                       Titans

Team Power Rank     #15                                           #17
PFF QB Rank             #5 Tier A (Golden Oldies)        #1 Tier D (Play Action Merchants)
2021 QBR                  #21                                           #8
2021 Passer Rating   #15 (8 game min)                     #17
RB Unit                      #2 (JT #1 individual rank)         #6 (DH #3)
Receiving Unit           #25                                           #26
OL Unit                      #10 (this seems high to me)    #27 (PFF says will rank much higher if Lewan is back to full strength)
DL Unit                       #11                                           #10
iOL Individual             Defo #4                                    Simmons #9
LB Unit                       #2 (Leonard #2)                        #16 (Cunningham #11, Long #17)
Secondary Unit          #23                                            #11

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

My thoughts

  • Overall, looks and feels like a wash to me.
  • Our LB rank seems high to me given we only use 2 most of the time, or at least it's heavily weighted because of Leonard. TN's seems low to me given they have two guys individually ranked. 
  • Our OL being 10 feels too high to me given we're replacing LT and RG, Q coming off injury and a down year, and Kelly having declined steadily over the past 2-3 seasons. Also, I think TN's is too low. PFF more or less hedges their bet saying they'll rank higher if Lewan is back to health (he should be). 
  • DL ranks are about the same, but they must be banking bigly on the change of scheme and the addition of Ngakoue. TN's DL is proven, where ours is potential. 
  • I think 23 is too low for our secondary. Not saying we're top 10 or anything, but 23rd seems too low given we have Gilmore and Moore, and Rodgers has graded really well. Our Ss are a big question. TN's secondary could be scary good if their young guns take another step forward. 
  • Both pass catching units have a ton of questions, so no argument there. I think Woods and Burks could be a very strong 1-2, and I also think Pittman and Campbell could be too. 
  • I think Ryan is better than Tannehill, but I also think Tannehill does very well in TN's system. So more or less a push there. 
  • RBs, that all depends on if Henry is back to form. JT should be great regardless. 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly, I'm watching the Titans at Colts replay now on the NFL Network. At around the 3:05 mark in the 1st, the commentators mention how well Wentz has been so far in the season hitting the check down. lol. Funny how the narrative can change. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the o-line getting criticized is not warranted. They went through so much injuries and it doesn't help Wentz was not making line calls to help them. I felt like every time he said kill kill, Wentz got killed

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think the o-line getting criticized is not warranted. They went through so much injuries and it doesn't help Wentz was not making line calls to help them. I felt like every time he said kill kill, Wentz got killed

Sorry, just not buying that. 

Indy was 28th in pass play %, even less than with Rivers (24th)..... which means 27 teams threw it more. This whole checking to passes or whatever just defies logic. 

 

And that's on top of Fisher obviously being on skates. He was just plane awful in pass pro. And Kelly has declined 3 straight years IIRC. 

 

So we were bottom 5 in passing %, and still Wentz was one of the most hit QBs in the league. Sorry, but our pass pro was just bad. 

 

Good news is, Pryor and Pinter were both solid in pass pro. But being a part time fill in is different than full time starter. I like both their chances though. We need Kelly to rebound, and Q to stay healthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure I understand the Qb rankings.  There appears to be a ranking within a ranking.  Is a Golden Oldie better than a Play Action Merchant, or the other way around?  I guess if Henry is on his game, a Play Action Merchant may be the best kind of Qb to have.

 

I think Simmons played like the second best DT after Donald last year.  I'd take him over Defo. 

 

Yes, TENs secondary is good.

 

Their oline was better than ours last year ( I think), and that was without Lewan.

 

I can see us having a better receiver group than TEN by mid season.

 

I think Henry is more threatening than JT, at least to move the chains on his own.

 

Ballard made a point to say to just make the layups, behind a Mic and in front of the world to hear.  I think fans having the opinion of Wentz not hitting enough check downs (at least when it matters) is on solid ground.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, just not buying that. 

Indy was 28th in pass play %, even less than with Rivers (24th)..... which means 27 teams threw it more. This whole checking to passes or whatever just defies logic. 

 

And that's on top of Fisher obviously being on skates. He was just plane awful in pass pro. And Kelly has declined 3 straight years IIRC. 

 

So we were bottom 5 in passing %, and still Wentz was one of the most hit QBs in the league. Sorry, but our pass pro was just bad. 

 

Good news is, Pryor and Pinter were both solid in pass pro. But being a part time fill in is different than full time starter. I like both their chances though. We need Kelly to rebound, and Q to stay healthy. 

 

And how much of that was because Taylor was getting the majority of touches and the team basically gave up on Wentz and the passing game?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have both teams projected at 11 wins and splitting so that part is  a Wash. Tannehill plays well in that system but he isn't better than Matt. I do think Matt Ryan will have a much better year than last. Simply because our roster is better than Atlanta's. I would take Matt Ryan over Tannehill or Wentz going into 2022 all day. I think we win the division based on tiebreakers. It will be interesting to see how Henry bounces back but to say he is better than Taylor now is a stretch after the year Taylor just had. They also lost Brown which is bad. The defenses kind of Wash out. I look at our team and have us a little higher than 15. Vegas has us 12th as far odds to win the SB. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

And how much of that was because Taylor was getting the majority of touches and the team basically gave up on Wentz and the passing game?

If you don't think Fisher was awful last season, not sure what to tell you. 

The OL was just plain bad in pass pro, and that's with a low rank in pass %. 

There's a reason why Fisher is still available. Teams just can't afford that level of performance at LT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

  • I think Ryan is better than Tannehill, but I also think Tannehill does very well in TN's system. So more or less a push there. 

 

 

I think Ryan's significantly better than Tannehill, even at 37 yrs old.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I think Ryan's significantly better than Tannehill, even at 37 yrs old.

I agree, I bag on Tannehill a lot so "significantly" may be pushing it to Tannehill's credit, but Matt is definitely better even at 37. Tannehill has benefited from playing with Henry the last 3 years, Henry had 2 seasons in 2019 and 2020 that was Emmitt Smith like. They won several games without Henry last year before someone brings that up but there defense had a stretch that was unreal during that and Henry played in both games when they beat us. Tannehill is above average, Matt is still good IMO. Matt is a true leader and has been great like in 2012 and 2016 for examples.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Agree. Ryan is on the downside of elite. Whereas Tannehill is probably at or near the ceiling of good.

Tannehill's ceiling was in 2020 IMO, that was the Titans chance to win it all with a 100% Henry. Tannehill was good in 2020. I can point to 3 seasons where Matt was great = 2008 as a rookie, he pulled a Luck, 2012, and 2016. Ok that was years ago but Atlanta has done a miserable job putting players around Matt to succeed. Jones was awesome for a few years but other than that I bet a novice fan couldn't name anyone else that Matt has had that was good. Here, Matt has a good roster and he is healthy at 37 which is key.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, just not buying that. 

Indy was 28th in pass play %, even less than with Rivers (24th)..... which means 27 teams threw it more. This whole checking to passes or whatever just defies logic. 

 

And that's on top of Fisher obviously being on skates. He was just plane awful in pass pro. And Kelly has declined 3 straight years IIRC. 

 

So we were bottom 5 in passing %, and still Wentz was one of the most hit QBs in the league. Sorry, but our pass pro was just bad. 

 

Good news is, Pryor and Pinter were both solid in pass pro. But being a part time fill in is different than full time starter. I like both their chances though. We need Kelly to rebound, and Q to stay healthy. 

\

 

Fisher was a big disappointment in my mind. I wanted us to sign Leno Jr. 

 

However, no one can sit here can say they love how Wentz made adjustments at the line for pass pro, or that they loved to watch him hit checkdowns on pressures. 

 

I know you love running to stats to try and  support your position, but stats play for every team. The eye test says Wentz got himself into more trouble than he should of. 

 

#2sprainz

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

\

 

Fisher was a big disappointment in my mind. I wanted us to sign Leno Jr. 

 

However, no one can sit here can say they love how Wentz made adjustments at the line for pass pro, or that they loved to watch him hit checkdowns on pressures. 

 

I know you love running to stats to try and  support your position, but stats play for every team. The eye test says Wentz got himself into more trouble than he should of. 

 

#2sprainz

I wanted Leno as well. Great post. Wentz was above average at best, glad we moved on to Matty.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wanted Leno as well. Great post. Wentz was above average at best, glad we moved on to Matty.

I hope he does well in Washington. I think Ryan is an improvement not only for the team overall, but for the offensive line as well. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I hope he does well in Washington. I think Ryan is an improvement not only for the team overall, but for the offensive line as well. 

Yeah I hope Wentz does well, I like the guy. He just wasn't a fit here and he is above average, was great back in 2017. Matt Ryan just seems like the perfect QB for this offense, we will soon find out. It was good for Rivers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I hope Wentz does well, I like the guy. He just wasn't a fit here and he is above average, was great back in 2017. Matt Ryan just seems like the perfect QB for this offense, we will soon find out. It was good for Rivers.

 

I wasn't the biggest fan of Rivers at first, and even throughout the season. I think my reasoning back then was primarily that he wasn't good enough to get us over the hump, but good enough to have us drafting pretty late, if that makes sense. 

 

Well, Wentz had me turn 180 degrees and I was begging for Big daddy Rivers to come back to Indy halfway through the season (TEN game really did it). One of the biggest things I'm excited about is the IQ Ryan will bring. I believe there were multiple conversations on this forum previously about Wentz at the line, and how he consistently would snap the ball at predictable time markers. I think Ryan's IQ is the biggest improvement overall, outside of the accuracy. 

 

Excited to see a more classic style of QB at the line making adjustments and calls. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

 

I wasn't the biggest fan of Rivers at first, and even throughout the season. I think my reasoning back then was primarily that he wasn't good enough to get us over the hump, but good enough to have us drafting pretty late, if that makes sense. 

 

Well, Wentz had me turn 180 degrees and I was begging for Big daddy Rivers to come back to Indy halfway through the season (TEN game really did it). One of the biggest things I'm excited about is the IQ Ryan will bring. I believe there were multiple conversations on this forum previously about Wentz at the line, and how he consistently would snap the ball at predictable time markers. I think Ryan's IQ is the biggest improvement overall, outside of the accuracy. 

 

Excited to see a more classic style of QB at the line making adjustments and calls. 

Yeah, Wentz had me changing my mind about him every 2 weeks it seemed. It drove me nuts. Usually I can get a read on a player whether he is good or bad. I would defend him and say stuff like he is better than Tannehill which he was in certain weeks, then Wentz would turn around and lay an egg. The last 2 weeks did it for me and I think it made Irsay snap as well. Matt Ryan to me is a Top 25 QB of all-time, his football IQ is up there with the Rivers and even Peyton's IMO which is super high praise. Obviously Peyton is top 3 of all-time so not saying Matt is on his level overall, but his leadership and IQ are right there. Matt is 37 but healthy and should be good this year. I think he is better than Tannehill even at 37.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill's ceiling was in 2020 IMO, that was the Titans chance to win it all with a 100% Henry. Tannehill was good in 2020. I can point to 3 seasons where Matt was great = 2008 as a rookie, he pulled a Luck, 2012, and 2016. Ok that was years ago but Atlanta has done a miserable job putting players around Matt to succeed. Jones was awesome for a few years but other than that I bet a novice fan couldn't name anyone else that Matt has had that was good. Here, Matt has a good roster and he is healthy at 37 which is key.

Matt Ryan was actually really good in 2018 as well. He had 5000 yards, 35:7 ratio, and nearly 70% completion. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If you don't think Fisher was awful last season, not sure what to tell you. 

The OL was just plain bad in pass pro, and that's with a low rank in pass %. 

There's a reason why Fisher is still available. Teams just can't afford that level of performance at LT.

 

No. I agree. Fisher was bad at pass pro, but pretty good in the run game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, masterlock said:

I think Ryan's significantly better than Tannehill, even at 37 yrs old.

 

If you put them both in the same system, I agree.

But they are not.

Tannehill has performed mostly top 10ish in most areas within the system he's playing in.

So that can't be ignored. He's simply good at what he's asked to do. 

If he's asked to do more, that's where the trouble begins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

\

 

Fisher was a big disappointment in my mind. I wanted us to sign Leno Jr. 

 

However, no one can sit here can say they love how Wentz made adjustments at the line for pass pro, or that they loved to watch him hit checkdowns on pressures. 

 

I know you love running to stats to try and  support your position, but stats play for every team. The eye test says Wentz got himself into more trouble than he should of. 

 

#2sprainz

 

I wanted Leno too. I was pretty clear in threads before the season lol... 

 

We simply don't know the frequency of adjustments, or the success rate, so it's a futile topic to even discuss.

 

We do know that our pass pro was bottom 3 bad, in an offense that ran a lot more than they threw it (was bottom 5 in pass play %). And knowing we were bottom 5 in pass play %, if Wentz was making adjustments to pass more, it couldn't have been much lol. 

 

I agree he should have been better hitting checkdowns. And we know Ballard said it late in the season. But what is funny, I watched the replay of the second TN game last season. At the 3ish minute mark, the announcers were talking about how good Wentz has been hitting the check down. That was mid season.

 

My eye test says our OL pass pro sucked big bowling balls, our WRs were overall mediocre, and personnel usage and route calls were very conservative. My eye test doesn't tell me Wentz was great. But it tells me he was far from the only problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

No. I agree. Fisher was bad at pass pro, but pretty good in the run game.

 

Really wish we have made a change earlier. I understand hoping he just needed time to get back to 100%, but his 100% was almost always suspect in pass pro. But I agree, he did do well in run blocking. That's likely what kept him starting for as long as he was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, EastStreet said:

Interestingly, I'm watching the Titans at Colts replay now on the NFL Network. At around the 3:05 mark in the 1st, the commentators mention how well Wentz has been so far in the season hitting the check down. lol. Funny how the narrative can change. 

 

I don't want to spoil the ending but the Titans win that game. haha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

I don't want to spoil the ending but the Titans win that game. haha

 

Frustrating as hell. So many errors all around. 

Not sure why I wanted to endure the pain again. 

Had that late OL penalty not happened, I think we would have won it in regulation with a FG. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

Frustrating as hell. So many errors all around. 

Not sure why I wanted to endure the pain again. 

Had that late OL penalty not happened, I think we would have won it in regulation with a FG. 

that's your takeaway? a pentalty?

 

lets talk about the real takeaways that happened lol. 

 

 

also: I agree that our Oline was weird some games. The raiders game was a good example of this I think. And to be honest, after Kelly lost his new born baby I was very surprised he came back as soon as he did. Sadly me and my partner lost our girl in January in a similar fashion, and we were devestated for quite a while. Have to wonder how much of an effect that had on Kelly, we were absolutelty devestated and emotionally exhausted when we lost our girl. 

 

I think we will see an improvement from Kelly this offseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

that's your takeaway? a pentalty?

 

lets talk about the real takeaways that happened lol. 

 

There were a ton of errors all around.

I know you just focus on what Wentz did wrong lol.

Yes he had two late INTs. He also had 3 TDs, one leading us back to tie it up. Also a critical late 1D late with his legs.

 

But hey, let's not talk about 2 OL penalties late, one that took us out FG range that could have won the game in regulation.

And hey, let's not talk about our soft pass D that let Brown explode for 155 yards. His career best lol... 

Or hey, how about the fact our DL got 0 sacks and only 2 pressures the entire game lol. Autry had 3 pressures by himself.... 

But hey, you be you. Feel free to scapegoat. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

There were a ton of errors all around.

I know you just focus on what Wentz did wrong lol.

Yes he had two late INTs. He also had 3 TDs, one leading us back to tie it up. Also a critical late 1D late with his legs.

 

But hey, let's not talk about 2 OL penalties late, one that took us out FG range that could have won the game in regulation.

And hey, let's not talk about our soft pass D that let Brown explode for 155 yards. His career best lol... 

Or hey, how about the fact our DL got 0 sacks and only 2 pressures the entire game lol. Autry had 3 pressures by himself.... 

But hey, you be you. Feel free to scapegoat. 

 

 

ill just leave this right here. lol 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

 

 

ill just leave this right here. lol 

 

 

 

 

Leave whatever you'd like.

You're like most surface fans. 99% focused on QB, and can't see any deeper. 

But sure, pretty obvious you can't even acknowledge the obvious things I listed lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

Leave whatever you'd like.

You're like most surface fans. 99% focused on QB, and can't see any deeper. 

But sure, pretty obvious you can't even acknowledge the obvious things I listed lol. 

Like most surface fans? Not sure what kind of shot ur trying to take here but okay. As for the points, there aren't really any intelligble ones to respond to. In both instances Wentz gives the ball to the other team at the very end of the game. In both TEN matchups. Also, in those specific plays there were checkdowns available. 

 

Reich kind of took blame for one, saying he shouldn't of called a TE screen so close to the end zone. But I guess i'm just a surface fan, even though I consistently talk on a colts fan forum, frequent multiple other sites where many people post a plethora of uncensored opinions about the colts, attend games frequently, and I understand football more than most casual people. 

 

I don't sit on the board and pretend to speak some scheme specific terminology, but I know what football looks like. And with that being said, it is easy for anyone to see that Wentz consistently put our defense in bad positions, and tried to play hero ball despite not being very good at it.  As for how that applies to this specific thread; I think having a more sensible QB on the roster will make our Oline look a lot better. 

 

Also, as i've stated multiple times, I do recognize our offensive line had issues. However, that doesn't takeaway the reality of 2sprainz and the type of game he wanted to play, even at the cost of his own team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 11:48 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Like most surface fans? Not sure what kind of shot ur trying to take here but okay. As for the points, there aren't really any intelligble ones to respond to. In both instances Wentz gives the ball to the other team at the very end of the game. In both TEN matchups. Also, in those specific plays there were checkdowns available. 

 

Reich kind of took blame for one, saying he shouldn't of called a TE screen so close to the end zone. But I guess i'm just a surface fan, even though I consistently talk on a colts fan forum, frequent multiple other sites where many people post a plethora of uncensored opinions about the colts, attend games frequently, and I understand football more than most casual people. 

 

I don't sit on the board and pretend to speak some scheme specific terminology, but I know what football looks like. And with that being said, it is easy for anyone to see that Wentz consistently put our defense in bad positions, and tried to play hero ball despite not being very good at it.  As for how that applies to this specific thread; I think having a more sensible QB on the roster will make our Oline look a lot better. 

 

Also, as i've stated multiple times, I do recognize our offensive line had issues. However, that doesn't takeaway the reality of 2sprainz and the type of game he wanted to play, even at the cost of his own team. 

I look at positional and unit play, and it's impact to the game.

 

When an OL screws up and takes us out of scoring range (one that could have one the game), that's just as bad if not worse than an INT. It's either a -3 at minimum, or possible -7. And that happened. It's fact. You seem to brush it aside.

 

The DL and DBs both stunk in the passing game. Completely horrible. Let Brown have not a season best, but a career best. The DL did almost nothing to pressure the QB, making it easy on Tannehill to burn our soft zone. That is also a huge impact.

 

Not intelligible? lol.... sure, keep doing you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I look at positional and unit play, and it's impact to the game.

 

When an OL screws up and takes us out of scoring range (one that could have one the game), that's just as bad if not worse than an INT. It's either a -3 at minimum, or possible -7. And that happened. It's fact. You seem to brush it aside.

 

The DL and DBs both stunk in the passing game. Completely horrible. Let Brown have not a season best, but a career best. The DL did almost nothing to pressure the QB, making it easy on Tannehill to burn our soft zone. That is also a huge impact.

 

Not intelligible? lol.... sure, keep doing you. 

 

Like I said, it's all random stuff that you can say impacted this or that. I mean you're sitting around and saying everyone has an impact in a team game, this isn't ground breaking? What's to discuss there?

 

Here's what I know for a fact, that defense that gave up all those points? Relatively the same defense as last year. That Oline that gave up all those sacks or whatever else you want to blame them for? Yep, they're still all in Indy. 

 

You know what the people decided who get paid millions of dollars to really do what you like to pretned to do on the forum.. you know what they decided? They decided Wentz was the problem and traded him for pebbles. So there must be something to this whole Carson thing in which you are over looking. Cause if you take a look at the Oline, it is the same as last year bud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

 

Like I said, it's all random stuff that you can say impacted this or that. I mean you're sitting around and saying everyone has an impact in a team game, this isn't ground breaking? What's to discuss there?

 

Here's what I know for a fact, that defense that gave up all those points? Relatively the same defense as last year. That Oline that gave up all those sacks or whatever else you want to blame them for? Yep, they're still all in Indy. 

 

You know what the people decided who get paid millions of dollars to really do what you like to pretned to do on the forum.. you know what they decided? They decided Wentz was the problem and traded him for pebbles. So there must be something to this whole Carson thing in which you are over looking. Cause if you take a look at the Oline, it is the same as last year bud.

 

I have zero problem saying Wentz caused issues, impacted games, and made a lot of very bad plays.

Why do you have a problem admitting there were a ton of other, very clear issues as well, that had high impact on games?

Why QB blinders? lol.. And by the way, they picked up Ryan for the same pebbles they got for Wentz lol.

 

You know what else the guys who get millions of dollars did?

They dumped Fisher who you could argue cost us 3 games, and are relying on an unproven depth guy (Pryor).

They drafted two early round DEs in 2021, and brought in one the top FAs (Ngakloue) to improve a very meh DL...... 

So perhaps I'm not all wrong lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

I have zero problem saying Wentz caused issues, impacted games, and made a lot of very bad plays.

Why do you have a problem admitting there were a ton of other, very clear issues as well, that had high impact on games?

Why QB blinders? lol.. And by the way, they picked up Ryan for the same pebbles they got for Wentz lol.

 

You know what else the guys who get millions of dollars did?

They dumped Fisher who you could argue cost us 3 games, and are relying on an unproven depth guy (Pryor).

They drafted two early round DEs in 2021, and brought in one the top FAs (Ngakloue) to improve a very meh DL...... 

So perhaps I'm not all wrong lol

 

I don't have an issue saying that there were problems throughout the roster, I just don't feel the need to really discuss it here because we are talking about the Offensive Line. There are two main factors on Oline play, the QB and the line. 

 

The reason I am discussing QB in this thread is because I don't personally See Ryan throwing a pick 6 from the 5 yard line, or throwing an interception in overtime to a guy tripple covered while your 6 foor 7 TE, and premier running back are standing in the flats waiting for the ball for an easy first down. 

 

Also, Ryan will do better of assigning blockers and getting the ball out to the right guy. (which will all help the OLine, remember, this is what we're talking about)

 

Yes I agree Fisher was bad. This is not news. 

Not sure why you are bringing up who they drafted in 2021. (yes the colts draft players), and our Dline is not bad, it was lacking pass rush. Not sure what that has to do with Crason Wentz giving the ball to the other team at inopportune times. 

 

(That same defense you want to blame for this or that lead the league in forcing turnovers, you know what Wentz did with most of those turnovers? nothing... So like I said, I could pull out as many stats as anyone for this or that. stats play for every team. there are compounding variables for everything)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

 

I don't have an issue saying that there were problems throughout the roster, I just don't feel the need to really discuss it here because we are talking about the Offensive Line. There are two main factors on Oline play, the QB and the line. 

 

The reason I am discussing QB in this thread is because I don't personally See Ryan throwing a pick 6 from the 5 yard line, or throwing an interception in overtime to a guy tripple covered while your 6 foor 7 TE, and premier running back are standing in the flats waiting for the ball for an easy first down. 

 

Also, Ryan will do better of assigning blockers and getting the ball out to the right guy. (which will all help the OLine, remember, that's what this thread is about here)

 

Yes I agree Fisher was bad. This is not news. 

Not sure why you are bringing up who they drafted in 2021. (yes the colts draft players), and our Dline is not bad, it was lacking pass rush. Not sure what that has to do with Crason Wentz giving the ball to the other team at inopportune times. 

 

(That same defense you want to blame for this or that lead the league in forcing turnovers, you know what Wentz did with most of those turnovers? nothing... So like I said, I could pull out as many stats as anyone for this or that. stats play for every team. there are compounding variables for everything)

 

LOL. I made a comment about rewatchng a game, and you took this down a rat hole because it set off your Wentz trigger. I didn't even mention Wentz. 

 

And this is a Unit Ranks thread, open to discussion on all units, not just QB and OL... 

 

You hate Wentz, I get it. But we had all kinds of issues last year. Wentz was far from the only issue. And Ballard has made all kinds of moves addressing almost every single criticism I've had. LT, CB1, DE/LEO, S, D scheme, etc... You know, that guy who gets paid millions. lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

I have zero problem saying Wentz caused issues, impacted games, and made a lot of very bad plays.

Why do you have a problem admitting there were a ton of other, very clear issues as well, that had high impact on games?

Why QB blinders? lol.. And by the way, they picked up Ryan for the same pebbles they got for Wentz lol.

 

You know what else the guys who get millions of dollars did?

They dumped Fisher who you could argue cost us 3 games, and are relying on an unproven depth guy (Pryor).

They drafted two early round DEs in 2021, and brought in one the top FAs (Ngakloue) to improve a very meh DL...... 

So perhaps I'm not all wrong lol


 

“They picked up Ryan for the same pebbles they picked up Wentz for?”    


Am I reading that right?

 

We paid a 1 and 3 for Wentz.   We paid a 3 for Ryan.   That’s not the same.   Not close.   I understand the circumstances were different and Atlanta was doing Ryan a solid by trading him for less than full value, but still. 

 

I don’t understand this position? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


 

“They picked up Ryan for the same pebbles they picked up Wentz for?”    


Am I reading that right?

 

We paid a 1 and 3 for Wentz.   We paid a 3 for Ryan.   That’s not the same.   Not close.   I understand the circumstances were different and Atlanta was doing Ryan a solid by trading him for less than full value, but still. 

 

I don’t understand this position? 

 

He (not me) said we traded away Wentz for "pebbles". Might want to look at the full conversation before chiming in. I responded in kind about Indy more or less paying the same for Ryan.

 

We basically got a 3rd from WA (potentially a conditional next season IIRC) for Wentz. 

We got Ryan for a 3rd. And it was actually for a later 3rd (than the one we got for Wentz).

 

ATL wasn't really doing Matt a solid. The relationship was burnt. He wanted out after the Watson thing blew up in ATL's face. And ATL also needed cap relief in a big way. They were going to be in a bad spot had they tried to keep Ryan. I like Blank, and he kept the window open as long as possible, but there was only one thing to do after they rolled snake eyes on Watson. Now it's a rebuild, which nobody is shocked about. At least they kept Grady. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...