Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fun question and Poll. What would be your boiling point to not watch this year (if any).


Which of these things would possibly make you not watch the Colts this year if it happened?  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of these things would possibly make you not watch the Colts this year if it happened?

    • Matt Ryan gets benched for Nick Foles by Reich
    • Quenton Nelson gets traded for future draft capital
    • Darius Leonard injury is worse than expected and he misses regular season time
    • TY Hilton gets signed and wins a starting job taking time from our young receivers to reach 10,000 receiving yards
      0
    • Kenny Moore gets traded or refuses to play all year with his holdout
      0
    • A combination of choices 1-5 would do it
    • Doesn't matter what happens, I'm in for the long haul!


Recommended Posts

Just curious what it would take to throw you off the deep end here. My parents aren't huge sports fans, and more of my friends that I actually hang out with play video games and poker rather than sports. Only have a handful of people I regularly talk to that are huge sports fans that I know personally and have met before. 

 

Very curious how people vote. Imagine each one of these scenarios happening before the season starts, and be honest if any of them would be enough to make you quit watching. I came up with 5 scenarios that are possible that could hurt the team. I want to see your limits. Will make the poll multiple choice as well. Be honest, lets see what would make people tick and stop watching, and whom would watch no matter what.

 

Also, this is a fun poll, so no personal attacks on peoples "fandom".

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Nelson question is funny.  I'd do the opposite of what the questions asks.  I'd probably watch religiously and be more interested in the team if Nelson got traded for draft capital.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of any team for how many wins they can provide me or for them to make the decisions I feel they should make. I never have been. 

 

In the OP, it is mentioned that there should be no attacks on one's fandom. Interesting....considering that the idea that fans can feel this way....IS an attack on the fandom of those who are always a fan, regardless. I accept the fact that fans are different than myself, but I'll throw out a bahhh humbug, when it is necessary. 

 

But in the spirit of the post, I will answer. If the Colts had acquired Watson in the offseason, I would be done.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I voted - in for the long haul.  Most of the other choices would fall under - It depends.   If Ryan is playing so bad that he gets benched, oh well.   Trading a player, it depends what we get in return and how their replacement plays. 

 

If we start 0-8 I will still watch but will probably be rooting for them to lose for better draft positions.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just curious what it would take to throw you off the deep end here. My parents aren't huge sports fans, and more of my friends that I actually hang out with play video games and poker rather than sports. Only have a handful of people I regularly talk to that are huge sports fans that I know personally and have met before. 

 

Very curious how people vote. Imagine each one of these scenarios happening before the season starts, and be honest if any of them would be enough to make you quit watching. I came up with 5 scenarios that are possible that could hurt the team. I want to see your limits. Will make the poll multiple choice as well. Be honest, lets see what would make people tick and stop watching, and whom would watch no matter what.

 

Also, this is a fun poll, so no personal attacks on peoples "fandom".

 

The only thing that could make me not watch is if you, Jared stopped posting here...... that and if the Bass & Snook started hitting like crazy but only on Sundays. Lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually paid for tickets to watch Kelly Holcomb start against the Bengals with a broken hand because he was the healthiest option we had at the time, so those scenarios wouldn't deter me from watching.

I might throw up while watching, but I would watch.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I am not a fan of any team for how many wins they can provide me or for them to make the decisions I feel they should make. I never have been. 

 

In the OP, it is mentioned that there should be no attacks on one's fandom. Interesting....considering that the idea that fans can feel this way....IS an attack on the fandom of those who are always a fan, regardless. I accept the fact that fans are different than myself, but I'll throw out a bahhh humbug, when it is necessary. 

 

But in the spirit of the post, I will answer. If the Colts had acquired Watson in the offseason, I would be done.

I have always been that way about any team. Anyone who is IMO scum or just a general * I root for whoever is playing that team and yes that would include the Colts if they got someone like Watson or Brown or whoever. Knock on wood they are good about avoiding those players.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matt Ryan gets benched for Nick Foles by Reich

I've be very tempted to stop watching, but might watch one game lol. 

 

Quenton Nelson gets traded for future draft capital

Not going to happen, but... He's one of my favs, but if we got treasure chest for him, I'd still watch.

 

Darius Leonard injury is worse than expected and he misses regular season time

Highly doubt this too, but it's not something that would make me made at the franchise. 

 

TY Hilton gets signed and wins a starting job taking time from our young receivers to reach 10,000 receiving yards

If Ryan wants TY, or Julio for that matters, I'd be fine if we signed either to a team friendly deal. We're already overstocked on bigs, so just not sure Julio is a great fit. Pierce will need time. As long as we see him on a 9 a few times a game, I'll be fine.

 

Kenny Moore gets traded or refuses to play all year with his holdout

Frankly I wouldn't care much. We're better with him, but holdout with 2 years left is over the line for me. I think Rodgers could end up being a pretty good slot. 

 

Things that turn me off the most

  1. Owners publicly flogging a player early in the season.... That sheet needs to be kept in house....
  2. Total team collapses
  3. Wonky play calling, game plan, prep.... If a team has a bad run defense, run the ball. If a team has a bad pass defense, throw the ball. No need to get cute and do the opposite. But most importantly, need balance. 
  4. Hines up the gut.... 
  5. Hines on the sideline
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was very much against our signing Wentz and vowed to turn a blind eye to the Colts last season… I think it lasted maybe 4 weeks lol. Not only did I watch the games, I also watched Hard Knocks. haha I learned that I’m all talk, I can’t back it up. I’ll bleed blue forever. Go Colts! :rock:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I voted - in for the long haul.  Most of the other choices would fall under - It depends.   If Ryan is playing so bad that he gets benched, oh well.   Trading a player, it depends what we get in return and how their replacement plays. 

 

If we start 0-8 I will still watch but will probably be rooting for them to lose for better draft positions.   

That's an honest answer. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing that will make me stop watching if if we start seeing more en masse “political” type movements by our players. I already dropped my tickets a couple years back in part due to that, as well as dropped Sunday ticket. 
 

other than that, the above doesn’t move the needle at all for me. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The only thing that will make me stop watching if if we start seeing more en masse “political” type movements by our players. I already dropped my tickets a couple years back in part due to that, as well as dropped Sunday ticket. 
 

other than that, the above doesn’t move the needle at all for me. 

Yeah I am pretty much over it as well regarding your main point. I watch football to get my mind off this world. The NBA is worse. I didn't even watch a game this past season until the playoffs -i just wanted to Boston lose is why. I noticed during the playoffs that no players brought politics up. They know people are tried of it. If I want to hear about the worlds problems, I will watch CNN or FOX. I voted 1-5 but having said that I will still probably watch off and on no matter what. Yes we made the playoffs in 2018 after starting 1-5 but if that happens this year it isn't happening. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've watched a lot of bad Colts teams.

I watched the front office/coaching staff tank on going for a perfect season.

There's nothing, from a performance standpoint, that will make me stop watching. I'm all in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...