Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning on the Expectations for Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson

sb41champs

48 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Did anyone else catch that he called Denver “We” & not the Colts?! At this point, it certainly feels like he looks at Denver as his home team. 

Yup. But sort of expected it. All the prospective buyers for Denver wanted Peyton to be part of the franchise, including the winner of the bid / new owner. He'll likely end up a minority owner and a FO job. 

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

Did anyone else catch that he called Denver “We” & not the Colts?! At this point, it certainly feels like he looks at Denver as his home team. 

Peyton needs to let it go. Any franchise would have done the same thing if they could draft a QB like Andrew especially with the uncertainty with his neck.

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Peyton needs to let it go. Any franchise would have done the same thing if they could draft a QB like Andrew especially with the uncertainty with his neck.

Why are you saying Peyton is holding onto something? He got the last laugh with a SB in Denver. 

Then add in the fact that the choice Irsay made didn't last long, but I doubt Peyton took comfort in Luck's woes. 

He got another ring and saw karma catch up with his old team. 

TN offered him a forever position to go there. He turned that down to go to Denver where he'll likely end up having some ownership. 

He's all good lol.. Heck, he even pointed Ryan to Indy. That's not what a guy that's "holding onto something" does. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why are you saying Peyton is holding onto something? He got the last laugh with a SB in Denver. 

Then add in the fact that the choice Irsay made didn't last long, but I doubt Peyton took comfort in Luck's woes. 

TN offered him a forever position to go there. He turned that down to go to Denver where he'll likely end up having some ownership. 

He's all good lol.. Heck, he even pointed Ryan to Indy. That's not what a guy that's "holding onto something" does. 

If you say so. 

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Peyton needs to let it go. Any franchise would have done the same thing if they could draft a QB like Andrew especially with the uncertainlety with his neck.

I don't think he has anything to "let go".   He was welcomed in Denver and did well there.  

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

What on earth is there for him to let go?

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don’t think he is very bitter at the Colts. I just wonder if he likes Denver more or has a deeper connection with Elway? 

Tom Brady & Gronkowski both seem like they will favor Tampa after retirement too oddly enough 

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don’t think he is very bitter at the Colts. I just wonder if he likes Denver more or has a deeper connection with Elway? 

Tom Brady & Gronkowski both seem like they will favor Tampa after retirement too oddly enough 

That's no surprise. New England wasn't exactly known to be a great place to play

23 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What on earth is there for him to let go?

Whatever resentment he seems to have about getting released. Atleast that's my feeling. Now I'm gonna get attack for talking about Indiana's favorite son

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Why would he? Denver believed in him when he was at his lowest and we didn’t. We tossed him to the side like he was trash after all he did for this team.

1 hour ago, Matty Ice-Ice Baby said:

Why would he? Denver believed in him when he was at his lowest and we didn’t. We tossed him to the side like he was trash after all he did for this team.

The NFL is a business at the end of the day. Even your job will replace you if they feel they can find better

I don't think Peyton holds a grudge at all towards the Colts. Last I heard, he and irsay are on good terms and he still visits here. He just loves living in Colorado and the Broncos seem to want him to be a part of the team. We have Ballard and Irsay and his daughters run the show here. Irsay had a statue built of Peyton, Broncos did not. Peyton knows that a statue is the highest praise you can receive. 

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Peyton still holds a grudge because the Luck led Colts we're 3-1 against him.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Peyton holds a grudge at all towards the Colts. Last I heard, he and irsay are on good terms and he still visits here. He just loves living in Colorado and the Broncos seem to want him to be a part of the team. We have Ballard and Irsay and his daughters run the show here. Irsay had a statue built of Peyton, Broncos did not. Peyton knows that a statue is the highest praise you can receive. 

This is how I see it as well. Colorado is an awesome state. The scenery alone is a reason to visit. I’m still a Hoosier and live here, but I’ve dreamed of living in Colorado. 

I discussed this in another thread. I do think there is some sort of resentment for Peyton. Arguably the 2nd best QB to ever play the game and prsctically built a children’s hospital here, and he was fired.  He is a professional and understands why the decision was made.  Doesn't mean he likes it. His new team went all in and surrounded him with weapons and gave him everything he needed to win. Peyton Manning will always be cordial about it bc he knows he is well loved in this state and im sure he loves the fans here. He moved onto Denver and Im sure loves it there and they love him.  

A grudge isn't the right word, but Peyton definitely has something he's held onto about the Colts.  I guess out of the two teams, only one ever showed they didn't want him. I think he understands it but it still hurts him to some degree. I think he's more favorable to Denver, though not in poor taste whatsoever with Indy. 

Archived