Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP Goose


Recommended Posts

I think most on here don’t  know who he was. He was a awesome player for us and a bigger than life character. He was even in a scene on the Sorpranos. He had a talk show on x103 back in the day he’ll be missed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Siragusa was one of my favorites.

My condolences to his friends & family. 

55 just way too soon!!!

 

Cause is unknown but it said he passed in his sleep. My Mom left the same way.

They say that's the way to go but I don't know? Not saying goodbye or loved ones having a chance either. Certainly less stressful though. 

 

This makes me Sad, I really liked him. 

 

R.I.P. Goose

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RIP. Great and unique guy. He frequented one of my favorite eateries back in the day and I got to know him a little through one of my buddies. He was wild man on and off the field back then. Way too freaking early. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

RIP. Great and unique guy. He frequented one of my favorite eateries back in the day and I got to know him a little through one of my buddies. He was wild man on and off the field back then. Way too freaking early. 

Yeah he was a different cat. He did it his way, he got a ring with the Ravens in 2000 (which IMO is the greatest D of all-time) and was on 1 of our top 5 teams of all-time here in Indy in 1995. Really only 2006, 2005, 2009, and 2007 were clearly better. I do like Luck's team of 2014 as well but we were no match for Darth lmao . 1995 was a great year, had Faulk been healthy I think we make the SB. Dallas probably beats us but it would be 50/50. Dallas was a dynasty but I think we get by Pitt with Faulk.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he was a different cat. He did it his way, he got a ring with the Ravens in 2000 (which IMO is the greatest D of all-time) and was on 1 of our top 5 teams of all-time here in Indy in 1995. Really only 2006, 2005, 2009, and 2007 were clearly better. I do like Luck's team of 2014 as well but we were no match for Darth lmao . 1995 was a great year, had Faulk been healthy I think we make the SB. Dallas probably beats us but it would be 50/50. Dallas was a dynasty but I think we get by Pitt with Faulk.

If you had asked me if he'd ever end up in broadcasting back then, I'd laugh and say hell no. But then it happened lol. Thank god their were no cameras on phones back in those days. Hilarious guy, and definitely a throwback type. Can't believe he's gone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he was a different cat. He did it his way, he got a ring with the Ravens in 2000 (which IMO is the greatest D of all-time) and was on 1 of our top 5 teams of all-time here in Indy in 1995. Really only 2006, 2005, 2009, and 2007 were clearly better. I do like Luck's team of 2014 as well but we were no match for Darth lmao . 1995 was a great year, had Faulk been healthy I think we make the SB. Dallas probably beats us but it would be 50/50. Dallas was a dynasty but I think we get by Pitt with Faulk.

In my heart of hearts I truly believe we would have won that Super Bowl.  We could stop the run then.  At least enough to slow emitt down. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very sad news.

 

I will admit that I was a bit surprised when I first heard the news and it was - Former Ravens great has passed away.

I know he won his championship with the Ravens but I always thought of him as a Colts first.    Must just be my Colts fan ways.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

In my heart of hearts I truly believe we would have won that Super Bowl.  We could stop the run then.  At least enough to slow emitt down. 

I will say this, we had Pitt beat even without Faulk. A dropped INT for a TD would've sealed it. Dallas was a different beast, from 1992-1995 they were the greatest team I have ever seen. They gave the game away vs the 49ers in the 1994 Title game with turnovers, otherwise they have a 4Peat. The Refs screwed us bigtime at Pitt in that 1995 AFC Title Game which still bothers me. 2 things that bother me most were that game and not going for the undefeated season in 2009.

 

Regarding Goose, he got his ring with the Ravens in 2000 and was larger than life, he was a real life Homer Simpson IMO because of his funny sense of humorhomer simpson football GIF, a big fella that was a good player with a huge heart. RIP, very sad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Myles said:

Very sad news.

 

I will admit that I was a bit surprised when I first heard the news and it was - Former Ravens great has passed away.

I know he won his championship with the Ravens but I always thought of him as a Colts first.    Must just be my Colts fan ways.  

I always think of him as a Colt as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RIP Goose.

 

IMO, and I thought this at the time, letting Goose go to the Ravens was one of Bill Tobin's worst mistakes, and I think it helped to cost him his job because he had let Goose go with no plan to replace him.

 

I think Tobin did not want to pay him the $1million per year he was asking.  To show you what the salaries were back then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DougDew said:

RIP Goose.

 

IMO, and I thought this at the time, letting Goose go to the Ravens was one of Bill Tobin's worst mistakes, and I think it helped to cost him his job because he had let Goose go with no plan to replace him.

 

I think Tobin did not want to pay him the $1million per year he was asking.  To show you what the salaries were back then.

Goose was upset Marchibroda wasn't brought back.   He didn't like Tobin or Infante. History says he was right

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...