Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woods will be a difference maker.

throwing BBZ

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Im sorry. Campbell has had three seasons to prove he can stay healthy and he hasn't. Also I said WRs not RBs

I'll point out that it was you talking about how a guy falling on someone's foot is a freak injury (JT thread).

PC's injury last season was about as freak as freak can be with the way the guy came down on his heel driving his foot into the ground. And PCs injuries for the most part have been freak in nature. Not missing time for soft tissue issues, etc.. So sure, it's a big if. But until he's injured again, he will be a featured part of the O without question. He could be injured preseason, any time during the season, or not at all. But until it happens, he'll be assumed a top 2 target getter. 

And the conversation in it's most basic sense is about targets or target share. Doesn't matter if it's WR, TE, or RB. And even more relevant given that A) Hines spent as much time with the WR group as he did with RBs in OTAs, B) we already know RBs play a large part in our passing game, and C) Ryan had one of the best catching backs in the league last season that was used as a primary read, not just a check down. 

In short, only so many targets available each game. It'll be spread around, but we'll have a pecking order in terms of primary reads. And whomever Ryan feels most comfortable with, will likely be a primary read (1st or 2nd) more times than not. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Matt Ryan likes targeting TEs especially at this stage of his career. Combine that with how much Taylor is gonna get the ball and I don't see much from our WRs outside of Pitt.

Goodness gracious….   You think our WR’s 2-6 won’t get 500 total receiving yards?!?   That’s astonishing.   I think our 4-6 alone will total 500 yards.    I think Campbell and Pierce will easily  get more than 500 total.   If healthy, I think those two might just get near 1,000 yards.   

I think you’re stuck on our numbers from last season.   The problem with that is that we only threw 30 times a game.   But we threw 34 a game with Rivers and 40 per game with Luck.    I think with Ryan we’re going to throw 35-36 per game.   And with a much higher competition percentage, that means better numbers for ALL our receivers.   Forget 2021. Our 22 offense is going to be better.   We’re going to throw more and be more efficient.  

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Telling us how to think now.  Oh boy.
   I'll take the opposite view. Woods won't be used as a blocker as much as Granson will. But will be used as our #1 middle of the field/seam buster.
 And of course that will be more obvious as the season goes on.
  And he will lead the group in catches, yds, td's.

I’m telling you that 2 + 2 = 4, it’s not an opinion.   You can think anything you want, but Ballard has called Granson the F-tight end.   He was drafted for his receiving skills.  Ballard and Frank have said they believe his blocking can be better….  Improved.   For whatever reason you’ve translated that into thinking he’s our fullback.    That’s your view.   Mine is he’s a receiving weapon.  My view is based on the views of the GM, the HC,  and the scouts.   

But there I go again with an appeal to authority.   But what do they know?  

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Slow Mo has never shown any ability to get open quick. None. Zilch. Nada.

Woods is a totally different animal. I believe Frank and Ryan will quickly learn to love him.

And yet MO’s career average per catch is 13 yards.   That’s a crazy good number.   Few tight ends do that.   He’s better than you and others seem to think.  There’s a reason we signed him to a 3-year deal. 

52 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Slow Mo has never shown any ability to get open quick. None. Zilch. Nada.

Woods is a totally different animal. I believe Frank and Ryan will quickly learn to love him.

Honest questions... How much film (not highlights) have you watched on Woods, and how many serious draft reviews have you read?

It sounds like you've watched highlights at best. And if you have read the draft profiles, you've totally discounted them. 

In short, he's not been a good blocker due to his slender bottom half (struggling with even LBs). He's seen as an unnatural catcher that needs a lot of work on his hands and technique (confirmed by OTA reports of drops), and he's seen as a very sloppy route runner (leans and lurches into breaks) and also seen as a long strider. 

I'd love it if he's improved all those areas, but that's likely unrealistic. And you mentioned he won't be asked to block much. Huh? Frank has over-prioritized the ability to block since he's been here. But he does have a pretty easy path to get snaps due to the depth chart, so he'll get chances to flash. I expect him to be good in time. But he will need time. 

And as far as slow Mo is concerned, he was #6 in separation last season, #1 in juke rate, and #5 in yards per catch, out of all TEs. But hey, don't let facts get in the way. Not saying he's some All Pro elite TE, but he's much better than your opinion would suggest. 

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness gracious….   You think our WR’s 2-6 won’t get 500 total receiving yards?!?   That’s astonishing.   I think our 4-6 alone will total 500 yards.    I think Campbell and Pierce will easily  get more than 500 total.   If healthy, I think those two might just get near 1,000 yards.   

I think you’re stuck on our numbers from last season.   The problem with that is that we only threw 30 times a game.   But we threw 34 a game with Rivers and 40 per game with Luck.    I think with Ryan we’re going to throw 35-36 per game.   And with a much higher competition percentage, that means better numbers for ALL our receivers.   Forget 2021. Our 22 offense is going to be better.   We’re going to throw more and be more efficient.  

I highly doubt that our passing numbers will be that much different. This offense goes through Taylor followed by Pitt, Hines, and then the TEs. The other WRs will give you a splash play here and there, but not expecting any of them to be consistent weapons week in and week out.

33 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'll point out that it was you talking about how a guy falling on someone's foot is a freak injury (JT thread).

PC's injury last season was about as freak as freak can be with the way the guy came down on his heel driving his foot into the ground. And PCs injuries for the most part have been freak in nature. Not missing time for soft tissue issues, etc.. So sure, it's a big if. But until he's injured again, he will be a featured part of the O without question. He could be injured preseason, any time during the season, or not at all. But until it happens, he'll be assumed a top 2 target getter. 

And the conversation in it's most basic sense is about targets or target share. Doesn't matter if it's WR, TE, or RB. And even more relevant given that A) Hines spent as much time with the WR group as he did with RBs in OTAs, B) we already know RBs play a large part in our passing game, and C) Ryan had one of the best catching backs in the league last season that was used as a primary read, not just a check down. 

In short, only so many targets available each game. It'll be spread around, but we'll have a pecking order in terms of primary reads. And whomever Ryan feels most comfortable with, will likely be a primary read (1st or 2nd) more times than not. 

Freak injury is one or two times. It's three times he's been hurt and missed significant time. I'm sorry. I just can't bank on Campbell.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Freak injury is one or two times. It's three times he's been hurt and missed significant time. I'm sorry. I just can't bank on Campbell.

No one is asking you to bank on Campbell.   The problem is you’re also not banking on ANY of Pierce or Dulin, or Patmon or Strachan.    No one.    You think the only wide receiver worth anything is Pittman.   I think you have ignored almost the entire off season where the implication is the opposite.   This staff and front office have faith in them.   I’m sorry you don’t.   Maybe you’re right?   But I wouldn’t count on it. 

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If you actually watch how that injury happened, it's the definition of freak. Anyone would have suffered an injury with that type of weight driving his foot into the ground. And the knee injury where Harrison Smith goes low was pretty ugly as well. 

And you don't have to bank on him. But chances are probably higher than not that he'll start the season healthy. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you actually watch how that injury happened, it's the definition of freak. Anyone would have suffered an injury with that type of weight driving his foot into the ground. And the knee injury where Harrison Smith goes low was pretty ugly as well. 

And you don't have to bank on him. But chances are probably higher than not that he'll start the season healthy. 

I get that, but how many times am I supposed to invest in something that has paid no dividends?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one is asking you to bank on Campbell.   The problem is you’re also not banking on ANY of Pierce ir Dulin, or Patmon or Strachan.    No one.    You think the only wide receiver worth anything is Pittman.   I think you have ignored almost the entire off season where the implication is the opposite.   This staff and front office have faith in them.   I’m sorry you don’t.   Maybe you’re right?   But I wouldn’t count on it. 

Honestly, I don't. Pierce imo is the only one I have faith in in that WR room outside of Pitt. Dublin could maybe help, Campbell is hurt too often for me to continue to count on and Patmon and Strachan are day three wild card options. I don't know what to expect from them.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I get that, but how many times am I supposed to invest in something that has paid no dividends?

If you believe in this front office you might consider believing in a player as long as they do.   Doesn’t mean blind faith.   When we give up on someone, that’s when I stop thinking there’s a chance he’ll improve.    I think this front office has earned that trust.  I’m sure there are posters here who would disagree with that. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Honestly, I don't. Pierce imo is the only one I have faith in in that WR room outside of Pitt. Dublin could maybe help, Campbell is hurt too often for me to continue to count on and Patmon and Strachan are day three wild card options. I don't know what to expect from them.

Pierce will be good in time hopefully. But he was mostly with the 2s in OTAs. He's got a lot to learn in the route department. I do pray that they at minimum let him run 9s. We all know he can do that. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nobody is investing. He's paid for. Cheap contract this year. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you believe in this front office you might consider believing in a player as long as they do.   Doesn’t mean blind faith.   When we give up on someone, that’s when I stop thinking there’s a chance he’ll improve.    I think this front office has earned that trust.  I’m sure there are posters here who would disagree with that. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Campbell pick and at times he flashed, but there's always that "oh great he's hurt again". It's a label he needs to remove. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Fine….   But 500 total yards for the season?!?   

You think those five wide receivers are going to average 100 yards receiving for the season?!?   This might be your most bizarre claim ever.    I’m not a betting person, but I’d bet big money this is not going to happen. 

I think these five are going to total more than 1,000 yards.  Easily.   If not, I think our season will have been a disaster. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Fine….   But 500 total yards for the season?!?   

You think those five wide receivers are going to average 100 yards receiving for the season?!?   This might be your most bizarre claim ever.    I’m not a betting person, but I’d bet big money this is not going to happen. 

I think these five are going to total more than 1,000 yards.  Easily.   If not, I think our season will have been a disaster. 

I just don't think the other WRs will be consistent enough. Like I said it's Taylor, then Pitt, then Hines, then the TEs. That's our offense for the most part. Of course I'll love to be proven wrong, but right now it's a lot of young unproven players at WR2 - 6

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Campbell pick and at times he flashed, but there's always that "oh great he's hurt again". It's a label he needs to remove. 

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I have high confidence he'll last the season or anything. But until an injury happens, he'll be in the mix as a top 1 or 2 target. The Colts went through OTAs, which is more or less a passing camp, with Campbell as a feature WR. So we know they are going to play that hand and ride it till they can't. And the fact he was considered by most if not all of the media, to be the star of camp, mixed with the obvious chemistry he had with Ryan, pretty much cements his status at this point. Of course things could change by week 1, but right now it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I have high confidence he'll last the season or anything. But until an injury happens, he'll be in the mix as a top 1 or 2 target. The Colts went through OTAs, which is more or less a passing camp, with Campbell as a feature WR. So we know they are going to play that hand and ride it till they can't. And the fact he was considered by most if not all of the media, to be the star of camp, mixed with the obvious chemistry he had with Ryan, pretty much cements his status at this point. Of course things could change by week 1, but right now it is what it is. 

OTAs is fine, but it's shells and helmets. Let's see what happens when the pads are on and we got live bullets flying

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I just don't think the other WRs will be consistent enough. Like I said it's Taylor, then Pitt, then Hines, then the TEs. That's our offense for the most part. Of course I'll love to be proven wrong, but right now it's a lot of young unproven players at WR2 - 6

Sigh….   Even UNPROVEN players can fall out of bed and get 100 yards in a season.   And you think ALL FIVE receivers WR2-6 will all get 100 yards a season.   It’s not likely one of them gets 100 and you think FIVE will do that.  

This is 4-5 posts were you keep defending an astonishing position to take.   I don’t understand how you refuse to move an inch. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

OTAs is fine, but it's shells and helmets. Let's see what happens when the pads are on and we got live bullets flying

I agree OTAs tell us little in the general sense. But what it does tell us typically is the pecking order of the passing game. And that was clear. 

Campbell has looked good in pads, so doubt that changes. More chance for injury, but again, until that happens, I don't see the pecking order changing. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sigh….   Even UNPROVEN players can fall out of bed and get 100 yards in a season.   And you think ALL FIVE receivers WR2-6 will all get 100 yards a season.   It’s not likely one of them gets 100 and you think FIVE will do that.  

This is 4-5 posts were you keep defending an astonishing position to take.   I don’t understand how you refuse to move an inch. 

WRs 5-6 hardly play on offense unless there's an injury. It's mostly STs and a lot of times the 6th WR doesn't even dress. That leaves 2-4 who are likely to be the 5th option on offense.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I agree OTAs tell us little in the general sense. But what it does tell us typically is the pecking order of the passing game. And that was clear. 

Campbell has looked good in pads, so doubt that changes. More chance for injury, but again, until that happens, I don't see the pecking order changing. 

Pecking order is not the concern. It's no surprise he's running with the ones. Pierce isn't ready yet. In all honesty, this might be Campbell's last chance to make an NFL team if he gets hurt again.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Pecking order is not the concern. It's no surprise he's running with the ones. Pierce isn't ready yet. In all honesty, this might be Campbell's last chance to make an NFL team if he gets hurt again.

I agree it's likely his last true chance to be seen as a core starter. If he gets injured again, wouldn't be shocked to see him retire, but also wouldn't be shocked to see him picked up by another team on short term cheap deal either. He's got next level traits, but also next level bad luck. I sacrificed 2 chickens and a gerbil as an offering to the health gods, so hopefully he'll be good to go lol... 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

WRs 5-6 hardly play on offense unless there's an injury. It's mostly STs and a lot of times the 6th WR doesn't even dress. That leaves 2-4 who are likely to be the 5th option on offense.

Ok….   I’ll try once again with stats.

Lucks last season he threw for 286 yards a game.   

Rivers last season he threw for 260 yards a game.   I think Ryan can do that easily, but for purposes of this post, I’ll round off at 250 yards a game for Matt Ryan.   Seem fair?

Lets give Pittman his best year by far:   100 catches and 1300 yards.    Ok?

Lets give the tight end group a great year: 100 catches and 1200 yards.    Ok?

Let’s give the running back group gets 100 catches and 1000 yards.    Ok?

Indetstand, I don’t think any of this will actually happen.  Close maybe, but I’m rounding up for you.   

That’s 3500 receiving yards.   Leaving 750 yards left for WRs 2-6.   I exceeded your prediction with ease while being generous to ever other player or group.   It wouldn’t be hard to see the other receivers get 1000 yards.   And that’s if Ryan only throws for 4250.   I think he throws for more.  

Bt the way, while Taylor will remain the workhorse, I think his touches will go slightly down.  We want to preserve his career.   He averaged 19.5 rushes last year and two receptions.   I think he gets the same receptions, but averages 18 carries.  Only down 1.5 per game.  About 25 per season.  I think we’re trying to maximize his prime years.   We don’t want to run him into the ground like many think Tenn has with Henry. 

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lucks last season he threw for 296 yards a game.   

Rivers last season he threw for 260 yards a game.   I think Ryan can do that easily, but for purposes of this post, I’ll round off at 250 yards a game for Matt Ryan.   Seem fair?

Indetstand, I don’t think any of this will actually happen.  Close maybe, but I’m rounding up for you.   

That’s 3500 receiving yards.   Leaving 750 yards left for WRs 2-6.   I exceeded your prediction with ease while being generous to ever other player or group.   It wouldn’t be hard to see the other receivers get 1000 yards.   And that’s if Ryan only throws for 4250.   I think he throws for more.  

Bt the way, while Taylor will remain the workhorse, I think his touches will go slightly down.  We want to preserve his career.   He averaged 19.5 rushes last year and two receptions.   I think he gets the same receptions, but averages 18 carries.  Only down 1.5 per game.  About 25 per season.  I think we’re trying to maximize his prime years.   We don’t want to run him into the ground like many think Tenn has with Henry. 

You do realize Luck and Rivers did not have the type of back JT is now. He will get 20-25 touches a game which will decrease the passing numbers. You can't compare it to Luck and Rivers. Taylor will get the ball. He is the offense.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You do realize Luck and Rivers did not have the type of back JT is now. He will get 20-25 touches a game which will decrease the passing numbers. You can't compare it to Luck and Rivers. Taylor will get the ball. He is the offense.

JT averaged 19.5 carries per game last season. 

He didn't have 20 or more carries in any game at all till after the mid point of the season when they lost confidence in Wentz. 

And it was a few games that really drove up that average (Buf, NE, Houston). And running him to death late in the game was super dumb vs Houston. 

Anyway, I'd predict 18-21 with Ryan. He's not "the offense" now IMO. If we want to succeed, we'll need balance. 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He didn't have 20 or more carries in any game at all till after the mid point of the season when they lost confidence in Wentz. 

And it was a few games that really drove up that average (Buf, NE, Houston). And running him to death late in the game was super dumb vs Houston. 

Anyway, I'd predict 18-21 with Ryan. He's not "the offense" now IMO. If we want to succeed, we'll need balance. 

How much were those numbers skewed because of the lack of touches in the first three games? It wasn't til the dolphins game that the offense was going through Taylor.

I get that Ryan loves to throw to tight ends and running backs.   I’m sure he will.   But to get them to achieve the level of success we want we have to create space in the secondary so those guy can catch and run. 

And the only way to do that is to get our wide receivers to make the secondary to backup and respect our passing game.  And Michael Pittman alone is not going to do that, even if he has his best year by far.   We WILL throw to receivers 2-4, and if opportunities arise, we will throw to receivers 5 and 6 as well.   But throwing to WRs 2-4 is, to borrow a phrase, a layup we have to make.  And we will.   Getting our receivers 2-6 a grand total of 500 receiving yards is stealing candy from a baby.  It would be criminal if we didn’t. 

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How much were those numbers skewed because of the lack of touches in the first three games? It wasn't til the dolphins game that the offense was going through Taylor.

His high end skewed it more than his low end. 

He only had 1 game that was significantly under his average. He had 3 games that were significantly above his average. 

I'd recommend looking at total carries and carries per game across the NFL.

If your RB has the most carries in the NFL, that's just not a good thing. 

Just for comparison sake, here's how the ranks shake out in terms of total carries and averages.... 

#1 JT 332 / AVG 19.5

#5 249 (-83) / 14.6

#10 219 (-113) / 12.9

#16 which is roughly the medium) 203 (-129) / 11.9

So 20-25 carries a game is 340 to 425 total carries. That's begging for bald tires. 

Like I said, I'd predict 18-21, but I'd lean toward 18 more than 21. 

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

His high end skewed it more than his low end. 

He only had 1 game that was significantly under his average. He had 3 games that were significantly above his average. 

I'd recommend looking at total carries and carries per game across the NFL.

If your RB has the most carries in the NFL, that's just not a good thing. 

Just for comparison sake, here's how the ranks shake out in terms of total carries and averages.... 

#1 JT 332 / AVG 19.5

#5 249 (-83) / 14.6

#10 219 (-113) / 12.9

#16 which is roughly the medium) 203 (-129) / 11.9

So 20-25 carries a game is 340 to 425 total carries. That's begging for bald tires. 

Like I said, I'd predict 18-21, but I'd lean toward 18 more than 21. 

Maybe 25 is a bit higher then his average and it's better to avoid that number, but he is still gonna get the ball. I just can't fathom especially at this point of his career Matt Ryan throwing 25-30 times a game. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lucks last season he threw for 286 yards a game.   

Pittman will have over 1000 easily if healthy. I always now add if healthy to my posts or threads :thmup:

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Thank you NCF. 
   These added pieces (including Campbell) are finally here to give Frank ALL that he needs to be able to attack D's at a high level at all 3 levels and in every zone. And he has the QB that can handle the job.
 This absolutely does mean that Taylor is Not "the offense".
 Last season we were not a formidable team offensively. The ground game yes.
 JMO that we Will have a formidable offense, and it could be without Taylor.
  Talk is cheap of course.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Thank you NCF. 
   These added pieces (including Campbell) are finally here to give Frank ALL that he needs to be able to attack D's at a high level at all 3 levels and in every zone. And he has the QB that can handle the job.
 This absolutely does mean that Taylor is Not "the offense".
 Last season we were not a formidable team offensively. The ground game yes.
 JMO that we Will have a formidable offense, and it could be without Taylor.
  Talk is cheap of course.

To be clear….   I think JT still plays a key role in the offense.  A vital role.   I’m only talking about a 5-10 percent reduction.   Maybe down 2 touches per game.   Maybe.   

But if there are roughly 65 plays a game on offense, then I think we will throw 35-36 times a game while still running 26-30 times a game.   Just a little more balance.   And balance might help maximize Taylor’s career by preventing teams from keying on him. 

I think there will be plenty of bites of the Apple for all the key players who want to be fed. 

Appreciate the kind words….   

I really like Jelani Woods. I think he'll take some time adjusting to the physicality of the NFL, and it will disrupt his normal timing and rhythm. He can handle it physically, but he's always been the man among boys, and that's not the case anymore. He'll have to refine his skills to take advantage of his physical talents. And that's typical for young TEs.

Same goes for his blocking. I think he has the tools to be fine as a blocker, but his technique and hands usage is all over the place. The expectation that he'll be a good blocker right away is probably mistaken. 

If we deploy him the right way, he can be a weapon in Year 1. That might not mean big statistical production, but I think he'll have some specific chances to impact the game as a rookie. 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting that you’re not high on our tight ends.  I love our TE room.   I think it’s filled with young talented kids who are all a year or two from breaking out.   And I’ve read from other NFL front office execs that Ryan LOVES throwing to TE’s.    So we’ve got the right guy to throw to our group and bring them along.  

Right now we’re a room full of question marks.  But in the next year or two, we could become a room full of exclamation points! 

The best TEs tend to be the ones who are smart enough to build a deep knowledge of the scheme and offer consistent choice/option for the QB.  We know that won't be Mo, he's a nice player and all but he's not a difference maker.

Granson maybe could end up growing into that type of player.  He was talked up quite a bit in his pass game skills so we'll see, problem with these guys is they need to do a lot more than that, which in his case means he has to be able to win on the edge in the run game.

Woods will never be a top option type receiver.  Again he looks like a giraffe to me in his running style, covers great ground but he's unlikely to ever be sharp in his routes.  He's a big target type TE for the QB which can be valuable but he's not going to be a Kittle type who will be an extension of the QB.  What I love about the TE position, however, is there's room for different skill sets, so between Frank and Matty I am sure that once Woods comes online he'll be a nice part of the offense.

For me I just think this team is still looking for that great TE.  I don't think we have it on the roster but again would love to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

The best TEs tend to be the ones who are smart enough to build a deep knowledge of the scheme and offer consistent choice/option for the QB.  We know that won't be Mo, he's a nice player and all but he's not a difference maker.

Granson maybe could end up growing into that type of player.  He was talked up quite a bit in his pass game skills so we'll see, problem with these guys is they need to do a lot more than that, which in his case means he has to be able to win on the edge in the run game.

Woods will never be a top option type receiver.  Again he looks like a giraffe to me in his running style, covers great ground but he's unlikely to ever be sharp in his routes.  He's a big target type TE for the QB which can be valuable but he's not going to be a Kittle type who will be an extension of the QB.  What I love about the TE position, however, is there's room for different skill sets, so between Frank and Matty I am sure that once Woods comes online he'll be a nice part of the offense.

For me I just think this team is still looking for that great TE.  I don't think we have it on the roster but again would love to be wrong.

Interesting to me that you think we “know” things about MAC.   Honestly, I don’t think we know much at all about him.   Honestly.  

He’s never been the number one guy before.   He’s going to be asked to do more than he’s ever done before.   And since he got such a late start learning the game, I think he’ll continue to grow and get better.   I don’t think that he’ll ever be great….  But certainly average to above average and maybe even good.   That’s my hope.   

And if you’ll allow me this personal observation….    I think you’ve had a great off-season.   Seriously good.   I continue to read really good,  really thoughtful posts from you and I’ve enjoyed them immensely.   Even if we disagree I’ve enjoyed reading your posts.   Many thanks.    :thmup:

Archived