Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Brown Dt

natelombardi

I like our depth at the D-line (never thought I would say that). I think what we have is what we have as far as the 1st line of defense is concerned. I agree with you that another DB would be nice, but I don't expect any more moves to happen until somebody gets injured.

i like our d line but honestly we still are weak we need a pat williams type dt for 1st and second downs trust me and as far as cb we are in trouble

Pat Williams TYPE, but not Pat Williams. Therefore, next years draft(?).

CBs: Why? Are the new guys stinking it up in camp?

yea i polian says the same thing every year then we get the ball ran down our throat week 1....and we have to play the texans again week 1 this year get ready for a shoot out becuase our stupid system defence wont stop them....

I doubt Foster will run over us like he did before because:

1.) They lost their FB, Vonta Leach. Leach signed a three-year, $11 million contract with the Baltimore Ravens on July 31, 2011, making him the highest paid fullback in the NFL. Leach gave us a lot of issues with his size in conjunction with Foster out of the I-Form. The Colts had no answer for it. With Leach gone, Foster is about to be exposed as a one-year wonder.

2.) We have a lot more bulk at DT. This may force Foster to the outside, which is where our speedy defense excels at.

3.) Caldwell has more experience, and the loss is still fresh on him and the Colts players. They WILL be ready for the run - certainly better than they were before.

yea i polian says the same thing every year then we get the ball ran down our throat week 1....and we have to play the texans again week 1 this year get ready for a shoot out becuase our stupid system defence wont stop them....

Actually, a shoot-out plays into our "stupid system defense" as you put it.

Also, I feel Polian/Polian did a relatively good job addressing the DT position this year in the draft and FA. And there could be more additions after teams make cuts.

We've "bulked up" at OL and DL. Some people are never satisfied. Unfortunately, the cap doesn't allow you to just go out and get every "top" player at every position. It just doesn't work that way. I think I feel better about the overall depth of this team than I have for years.

Also, I feel Polian/Polian did a relatively good job addressing the DT position this year in the draft and FA. And there could be more additions after teams make cuts.

We've "bulked up" at OL and DL. Some people are never satisfied. Unfortunately, the cap doesn't allow you to just go out and get every "top" player at every position. It just doesn't work that way. I think I feel better about the overall depth of this team than I have for years.

couldnt have said it better

I think too much is put on size. It is important, but being 350 doesn't correlate with you being a good DT or one that fits the system. We drafted a DT two years ago who was like 330 (Terrence Taylor) when the rest of our guys were under-sized. He didn't even make it through camp before being cut.

Size is merely a part of the equation.

couldnt have said it better

+1