Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 Colts Land on CBS Sports' 2022 Top 100 Players

sb41champs

17 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

But not Matt Ryan?  Not Stephone Gilmore?

Two aging players who once were some of the best but are at the tail ends of their careers.  This board never fails to way over value players who wear the horseshoe

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Two aging players who once were some of the best but are at the tail ends of their careers.  This board never fails to way over value players who wear the horseshoe

Two aging players that are still better than over half of the starting QB and CB in the league. 

Ryan, Ngakoue, and Moore were all honorable mention.

Ngakoue will have a huge chip this season IMO. Didn't make it PFFs ranks of ERs either. 

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Ryan was HM. Gilmore is likely getting forgotten about due to age. And hopefully that gives him a chip too.

6 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Moore?

He was HM, but he's simply not as good as any of the CBs that made the top 100 list. He's one of the top slots, but he's simply not near the top of overall CBs. 

I think @EastStreet makes a very fair point.

Made me realize I forgot both Ryan and Ngokwe.    LOL!!     The new guys can easily trip you up!

So, let’s add those two to the foursome of Moore, Pittman, Smith and Gilmore.    

These six players can be 5-10 in any order you like.     

And I might even be forgetting someone else.   Lol!   

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think @EastStreet makes a very fair point.

Made me realize I forgot both Ryan and Ngokwe.    LOL!!     The new guys can easily trip you up!

So, let’s add those two to the foursome of Moore, Pittman, Smith and Gilmore.    

These six players can be 5-10 in any order you like.     

And I might even be forgetting someone else.   Lol!   

The best part of this exercise is there are 10 Colts the can be considered Top 200 in the league. Thats nearly half our starting roster! The Colts have quietly put together a good team that is capable of winning a lot of games. Never been a fan of the veteran QB route but this has a great chance to be the exception. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan should've been top 100.

I think that’ll be true at the end of the season.    I think MR has a big season for us.  But coming off of last season, I don’t think it’s an insult to put him just outside the top 100. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think that’ll be true at the end of the season.    I think MR has a big season for us.  But coming off of last season, I don’t think it’s an insult to put him just outside the top 100. 

Yeah that is why he isn't top 100 because of last season. So I agree. Rivers wasn't either going into 2020 because of his 2019 season. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, John Hammonds said:

We are only talking about the top 100 players.   I don't think either deserves to be there at this time.   If there was a draft of all layers, those 2 probably wouldn't be taken in the top 100 picks.  

On 6/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Nu uh,

......although Nelson should be #1 

lol

On 6/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Matt Ryan is about to break out 33 year old Matt Ryan, I have the Colts at 9-1 odds to make the AFC Title game for $200 (locked in) to win $1800The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO), the odds are now down to 7-1 to make it that far. I put my bet in 2 weeks ago. We were 22-1 to win the SB 2 weeks ago, now it is 18-1. Not sure what is going on.

I just looked at this list in its entirety. I have already discussed Matt Ryan above but still believe he belongs in the top 100. I see why he isn't though (discussed above) because of his year last year which still was above average statistically but Atlanta was bad. Darius Leonard at 40 is way wrong, he should be top 20. Nelson at 37 is way off as well. He should actually be top 30. Taylor at 24 is laughable, he is arguably top 15 being the best RB in the league. Aaron Donald isn't the best player in the league either. He is a freakin D.Lineman. Yeah he is great = top 10 so my respect is there for him, but if you ask anyone and their grandma who would you rather have Mahomes or Donald? I don't think 1 person would say Donald. Mahomes should be #1 hands down. They do at least have him 3rd.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just looked at this list in its entirety. I have already discussed Matt Ryan above but still believe he belongs in the top 100. I see why he isn't though (discussed above) because of his year last year which still was above average statistically but Atlanta was bad. Darius Leonard at 40 is way wrong, he should be top 20. Nelson at 37 is way off as well. He should actually be top 30. Taylor at 24 is laughable, he is arguably top 15 being the best RB in the league. Aaron Donald isn't the best player in the league either. He is a freakin D.Lineman. Yeah he is great = top 10 so my respect is there for him, but if you ask anyone and their grandma who would you rather have Mahomes or Donald? I don't think 1 person would say Donald. Mahomes should be #1 hands down. They do at least have him 3rd.

I do agree with Rodgers at 2, this just isn't a QB list but the top 2 players IMO should be Mahomes #1, Rodgers #2 = after that not sure.

Buckner at 81 is probably about right. He is definitely top 100. I would have Nelson at 30, Leonard at 20, and Taylor at 15 roughly. Matt Ryan would crack my top 100, probably around 90ish-95 just a guess studying this list. Kenny Moore is a very good player but not top 100 IMO, close but no. I do think Matt Ryan will play like a top 50 player this season though, having Taylor and Hines will help the cause.

Archived