Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scary Terry?

Kent Sterling and Pat M. had a comment today about Terry McLaurin

He is going into his final year of his rookie contract and wanted to get paid as a top WR

Kenny Moore has TWO years to go on his initial deal

The suggestion from BOTH:

If Kenny Moore HAS to get paid ......  and CANT wait for next year ........   Trade the two for each other

This offense would be DYNAMIC with Terry M

Use the cap like the other contending teams.......  Sign QN and Terry M. and convert the bonus over several years.... we can make it fit

We just CANT pay Moore with 2 years left, or it will cause a future rift as EVERYONE will want to renegotiate..... however Washington could pull this off in the trade 

We will miss Moore... but sheeze this offense would be awesome

What say YOU? 

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Kent Sterling and Pat M. had a comment today about Terry McLaurin

He is going into his final year of his rookie contract and wanted to get paid as a top WR

Kenny Moore has TWO years to go on his initial deal

The suggestion from BOTH:

If Kenny Moore HAS to get paid ......  and CANT wait for next year ........   Trade the two for each other

This offense would be DYNAMIC with Terry M

Use the cap like the other contending teams.......  Sign QN and Terry M. and convert the bonus over several years.... we can make it fit

We just CANT pay Moore with 2 years left, or it will cause a future rift as EVERYONE will want to renegotiate..... however Washington could pull this off in the trade 

We will miss Moore... but sheeze this offense would be awesome

What say YOU? 

Agree 100%.  We even inquired about Terry a few months ago so we are definitely interested.  I can’t see Ballard caving to Moore’s demands.  As much as we would miss Kenny acquiring Terry would be a fantastic stroke of luck if Ballard could pull this off.  Matt Ryan fell into our laps. Could Terry be the second star to follow the same path to the Colts?  Could the stars align again a second time?  It sure seems like there is a chance.  I like Kenny but I have to say I would love to see this trade happen.  Our offense would be awesome.

Not happening.   At least I don’t think so.   I hope not.   

Wash HC Ron Rivera says contract talks are heading in the right direction.   They expect a deal to get done.   

McLaurin is too expensive, will want too much money.   Moore is too important to the defense.   I don’t see this as a good match.  

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not happening.   At least I don’t think so.   I hope not.   

Wash HC Ron Rivera says contract talks are heading in the right direction.   They expect a deal to get done.   

McLaurin is too expensive, will want too much money.   Moore is too important to the defense.   I don’t see this as a good match.  

You make good points, and I believe a trade for the two is a longshot..... 

However.....  If Moore is going to hold out.....  I think you have to consider

Terry is a local kid, and the Colts are thin at WR.....  

And......  If you just cave in to Moore with 2 years left.... you lose ALL credibility with other vets as they will want to renegotiate

I understand why Moore would ask.....  If it were me, I would guarantee current levels for 2 years, and add incentives

(Like Pro bowl).... But I just dont think that they can up his salary at this stage

But as I said...... having Moore hold out doesnt help anyone..... Washington could just bump him up immediately

We will see what happens

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I feel Isaiah Rodgers could take over for Moore at nickel corner so obviously I’d fully be on board with the swap. 

I think they are thinking that Rodgers will be an outside CB this year as a starter

The slot CB will have to be brought in, or one of ythe rookies will have t step it up

18 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Agree 100%.  We even inquired about Terry a few months ago so we are definitely interested.  I can’t see Ballard caving to Moore’s demands.  As much as we would miss Kenny acquiring Terry would be a fantastic stroke of luck if Ballard could pull this off.  Matt Ryan fell into our laps. Could Terry be the second star to follow the same path to the Colts?  Could the stars align again a second time?  It sure seems like there is a chance.  I like Kenny but I have to say I would love to see this trade happen.  Our offense would be awesome.

From my perspective, with this change, with more people that can take the top off the defense, there will be awesome running lanes start to appear for JT, vs the 8 man box that he seemed to see much of last year

16 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

And......  If you just cave in to Moore with 2 years left.... you lose ALL credibility with other vets as they will want to renegotiate

I understand why Moore would ask.....  If it were me, I would guarantee current levels for 2 years, and add incentives

(Like Pro bowl).... But I just dont think that they can up his salary at this stage

But as I said...... having Moore hold out doesnt help anyone..... Washington could just bump him up immediately

We will see what happens

Heres the position this would put us in…. 

McLaurin:   $20-25m per year/4-5 years

Pittman:       $18-20m 4-5 years

And in 3 years….

Pierce:           10-15m per year

I don’t see Ballard doing this.   Ever.  Honestly. 

Nor do I see CB weakening our defense by trading KM.   I think people here are way too casual about how easily we can replace him.  I don’t share that view at all. 

I think McLaurin stays in DC, and I think we find a compromise with KM and he stays as well.    That’s my view. 

Why don't we give our current infusion of talent (Pierce plus Woods plus the existing Pittman and JT/Hines w/ Matt Ryan) all a chance before we give up on finding out what they can do and how they can help us? A mid-season trade for a vet can always be on the deck should we need to augment what we have.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why don't we give our current infusion of talent (Pierce plus Woods plus the existing Pittman and JT/Hines w/ Matt Ryan) all a chance before we give up on finding out what they can do and how they can help us? A mid-season trade for a vet can always be on the deck should we need to augment what we have.

I think this is all dependent on how long Kenny holds out and handle’s the impasse.  He could actually cause Ballard to find a trade partner.  Terry might actually get a deal done with Washington as well.  So a lot could happen to change this potential trade idea.  We are all excited about Pierce but he is a rookie who has not yet caught an NFL pass.  If we are truly all in and Terry becomes available Ballard is probably interested.  After all he was earlier.  I’m not expecting anything to happen soon but I think this trade idea is a possibility until something changes with each players situation.

22 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

We will see what happens

We are LOADED at WR therefore this dialog is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

We are LOADED at WR therefore this dialog is ridiculous.

Respectfully .... and hate to disagree with another Colts fan, but "Loaded"?

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/13/indianapolis-colts-wide-receivers-ranked-25th-nfl/

"Loaded"  ?

Are we talking about the Colts?

We have a WR1, that wouldn't be WR1 on over half the NFL teams (Maybe 3/4)

Who is WR2?  Pierce is a ROOKIE..... many WRs probably 50% or more,  wash out from mid 2nd round

Who is WR3?  Campbell?  He has stayed healthy less than 25% of his time as a Colt.

When he did play he averaged 2 catches a game

WR4 Strachan?  Patmon?

I hope they all improve, but this team is NOT LOADED AT WR

https://nflspinzone.com/2022/04/19/power-ranking-32-nfl-wide-receiver/2/

The Colts are ranked 28th at WR

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-and-tiers-2022

Do you see a single Colt WR on this list???

https://www.nfl.com/videos/game-theory-ranking-all-32-teams-by-their-wr-rooms

The Colts are ranked 24th on this list

The Colts are in the BOTTOM 15-20% of the NFL at WR

C'mon man.....  LOADED?

I think loaded means something different to me

Archived