Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster move 6/10

CR91

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Seems like some good additions even if it is for added competition.  

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But still no TY Hilton Its Friday Dancing GIF by Vivid People Disco

I have to think they have talked with him.   I'm guessing Hilton is testing the waters of either other teams or retirement.  

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

I have to think they have talked with him.   I'm guessing Hilton is testing the waters of either other teams or retirement.  

I have read where we have talked to him. It may be a matter of price. I am sure TY is foaming at the mouth to play with this offense now. + the atmosphere that football is back. He also only needs 309 yards to get to 10K which is rare for a WR to accomplish. If he has a year where he has 400+ yards he will be 50th in all-time yards for a WR/TE's passing Shannon Sharpe.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I liked Spriggs during the draft process. He struggled a lot, but picking him up as a FA makes me happy. 

Not too familar on Bryan Cox, so i'll have to do some research on him. Guessing he was a UDFA?

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have read where we have talked to him. It may be a matter of price. I am sure TY is foaming at the mouth to play with this offense now. + the atmosphere that football is back. He also only needs 309 yards to get to 10K which is rare for a WR to accomplish. If he has a year where he has 400+ yards he will be 50th in all-time yards for a WR/TE's passing Shannon Sharpe.

40 minutes ago, Myles said:

Ballard made it clear he wanted to see what he had first. If Hilton isn’t signed next few weeks before camp that means Ballard likes what he has.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard made it clear he wanted to see what he had first. If Hilton isn’t signed next few weeks before camp that means Ballard likes what he has.

I am not there watching but I can say this, I seriously doubt Patmon or Strachan would be an upgrade over TY even though TY is older. It is a money thing IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not there watching but I can say this, I seriously doubt Patmon or Strachan would be an upgrade over TY even though TY is older. It is a money thing IMO.

Totally agree.  Keefer said he really thinks that the Colts like what they're seeing at WR right now.  But he's also pointed out that they've had a few camp stars in the past who didn't make any waves.

He seems to think they'll wait until training camp, and as long as there's no injuries and the guys don't disappear in the preseason games, they'll roll with them.  All speculation at this point.  But I agree, if TY was coming in on the cheap, they'd take him in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Totally agree.  Keefer said he really thinks that the Colts like what they're seeing at WR right now.  But he's also pointed out that they've had a few camp stars in the past who didn't make any waves.

He seems to think they'll wait until training camp, and as long as there's no injuries and the guys don't disappear in the preseason games, they'll roll with them.  All speculation at this point.  But I agree, if TY was coming in on the cheap, they'd take him in a heartbeat.

Yeah something like 1 year for 5 Mill + incentives. Get us 500 or more yards you get an extra 500,000 for example. We need a Vet in there to help the younger WR's + I think TY can still give us 4 or 5 good games, it isn't like he stinks.

• Like 1

This isn't even a matter of me trying to hold on to a player that once was very good and I like. In what universe has Patmon or Strachan even come close to being better than TY? That is my issue. I like Pittman = good, Pierce - he will be a good one in time, Dulin - who I think can be above average, and Campbell if he stays healthy can be good. After that I want TY, that is just me.

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imo, T.Y is not needed. This is Pitt's room now. As much as I love T.Y, I don't want him taking reps away from Pierce and the other young WRs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Imo, T.Y is not needed. This is Pitt's room now. As much as I love T.Y, I don't want him taking reps away from Pierce and the other young WRs

Agree 100%.  Pierce and Campbell are off to great starts.  They need to get the rep’s .  They are the future.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Spriggs is listed as a OG on the roster which now gives us 5 competing for 3 spots more than likely. We still have 8 OT's on the roster likely fighting for 3-4 spots plus the PS.

Cox had a meh college career at Florida and an equally meh 5 years in the NFL thus far........doubtful he sticks around for very long. His RAS was a 1.94 and he is sitting in a room where 5 had over a 9 and only Yannick having one lower at 5.89. Athletically I doubt he can hang!

• Like 2

Any news on how Ryan Kelly is doing...lingering injury?

Just speculative dot connecting.  Adding a vet olineman might seem unnecessary, unless its insurance, Pinter and Kelly have swapped sometimes at 1st team C and RG.  I wonder what Kelly is showing so far at camp.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I liked Spriggs during the draft process. He struggled a lot, but picking him up as a FA makes me happy. 

Not too familar on Bryan Cox, so i'll have to do some research on him. Guessing he was a UDFA?

I did too. IU kid. Just never quite clicked anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Spriggs is listed as a OG on the roster which now gives us 5 competing for 3 spots more than likely. We still have 8 OT's on the roster likely fighting for 3-4 spots plus the PS.

Cox had a meh college career at Florida and an equally meh 5 years in the NFL thus far........doubtful he sticks around for very long. His RAS was a 1.94 and he is sitting in a room where 5 had over a 9 and only Yannick having one lower at 5.89. Athletically I doubt he can hang!

I think Spriggs is more or less a utility guy at this point, and could do either T or G. Played LT at IU before he was drafted in the 2nd. Pretty sure he's only played LT and RT in spot duty here and there since drafted. But he was considered an athletic guy who could do either G or T when drafted. Main bag on him was strength. Kind of the type of player with the right S&C, could emerge and compete for a depth spot. I think we're heavy on T prospects/depth and skinny on G, so expect Springs and maybe some of the other guys thought perhaps to be Ts or utility guys, to get looks at G. I'm just not that high on Fries.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This isn't even a matter of me trying to hold on to a player that once was very good and I like. In what universe has Patmon or Strachan even come close to being better than TY? That is my issue. I like Pittman = good, Pierce - he will be a good one in time, Dulin - who I think can be above average, and Campbell if he stays healthy can be good. After that I want TY, that is just me.

It's a sickness. He is a washed up runt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Spriggs per my eyeball FLAT OUT stinks at T. lol
 We are thin at DE for camp bodies. Cox is available for a reason.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am with ya 2006, but I also remember 2014 Reggie. He was still pretty good. 

But I remember a catch he made late in the season where he had beaten the defenders by 10 yards, made the catch, and still got caught from behind, 15 yards or so short of the endzone. I remember feeling sad, because I knew a few years before he would've scored easily.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you let go of Patmon and Pittman right now theyd both get picked up before Hilton. Young mans game my guy.  Its likely that both Patmon and Pittman if given enough looks would get more than TYs 20 plus receptions.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

If you let go of Patmon and Pittman right now theyd both get picked up before Hilton. Young mans game my guy.  Its likely that both Patmon and Pittman if given enough looks would get more than TYs 20 plus receptions.

Of course Pittman would easily. I didn't say anything about Pittman in regards to resigning TY. I was talking about Patmon and Strachan. Patmon has 2 career catches and Strachan has 2. I have never said TY is still very good but he would be better than Patmon or Strachan. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course Pittman would easily. I didn't say anything about Pittman in regards to resigning TY. I was talking about Patmon and Strachan. Patmon has 2 career catches and Strachan has 2. I have never said TY is still very good but he would be better than Patmon or Strachan. 

TY should be playing somewhere if people thought that though. Having 2 career catches doesn't mean they can't play more so than it means they haven't had their opportunity yet.  Colts are playing this about how I thought they should.  Bring him in if somebody gets injured and let the young guys get their chance to prove themselves. If injury happens or somebody just shows they can't cut the mustard then you bring him in.   TY has had plenty of chances to prove hes the better option right now and it's not been that great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

TY should be playing somewhere if people thought that though. Having 2 career catches doesn't mean they can't play more so than it means they haven't had their opportunity yet.  Colts are playing this about how I thought they should.  Bring him in if somebody gets injured and let the young guys get their chance to prove themselves. If injury happens or somebody just shows they can't cut the mustard then you bring him in.   TY has had plenty of chances to prove hes the better option right now and it's not been that great. 

TY has a very limited route tree now, with a small catch radius.

P AND S can  exceed his route tree and dwarf his catch radius.

I'm hoping, Coutee makes the PS, and i prefer him over TY. Period!

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I did too. IU kid. Just never quite clicked anywhere. 

I think Spriggs is more or less a utility guy at this point, and could do either T or G. Played LT at IU before he was drafted in the 2nd. Pretty sure he's only played LT and RT in spot duty here and there since drafted. But he was considered an athletic guy who could do either G or T when drafted. Main bag on him was strength. Kind of the type of player with the right S&C, could emerge and compete for a depth spot. I think we're heavy on T prospects/depth and skinny on G, so expect Springs and maybe some of the other guys thought perhaps to be Ts or utility guys, to get looks at G. I'm just not that high on Fries.

Agreed. Guys like Pryor, Kemp and Murray could slide into OG as well. Raimann, Kelly, Smith and Van Demark will likely be the Tackles when the dust settles 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Agreed. Guys like Pryor, Kemp and Murray could slide into OG as well. Raimann, Kelly, Smith and Van Demark will likely be the Tackles when the dust settles 

Yup. I honestly don't care where they end up. Just want to best. Personally I would have kept Reed given he signed elsewhere for super cheap. Not sure I understand that move. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Spriggs per my eyeball FLAT OUT stinks at T. lol
 We are thin at DE for camp bodies. Cox is available for a reason.  

There were some people who said Pryor sucked before we got him as well.  Something about how the Colts teach OL

that makes them confident enough to think they can work out the kinks I guess.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

There were some people who said Pryor sucked before we got him as well.  Something about how the Colts teach OL

that makes them confident enough to think they can work out the kinks I guess.

I've read a lot on Pryor, and I think his situation has a lot to do with getting his body right. He struggled with weight management through his career and seems to have locked things down on that area last off season. So IMO, more self accountability on diet and S&C, than any coaching from Indy. Keep in mind he wasn't even a Colt till early September last season. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, EastStreet said:

Yup. I honestly don't care where they end up. Just want to best. Personally I would have kept Reed given he signed elsewhere for super cheap. Not sure I understand that move. 

He could have been offered a starting spot there versus competing for one here? Or more money? 

One never knows?

34 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He could have been offered a starting spot there versus competing for one here? Or more money? 

One never knows?

Nah. He went to MN. 

MN has Cleveland at LG who they drafted in the 2R of 2020 and is firmly the starter.

And I can't remember the name, but they drafted another guy this season in the 2R to start at RG.

I think they signed another vet as well to compete. 

I looked at MN's depth chart forecast last week and as of then, he's either 2nd or 3rd string depending on which one you look at. 

Not saying he doesn't end up starting. But highly doubt he was promised a starting role, then agreed to take a small contract with only 1M guaranteed. It is a good situation for any OG given the rook may need time, but we're also banking on 2nd year depth player that was a TE turned T turned C turned G...  (I'm not bagging on Pinter, I'm actually pretty confident in him). I simply think they liked Pinter here, and didn't want to spend the extra money on Reed (or Glow). $$ are getting tight. 

He was born in Northern Iowa, and went to college at Minnesota State.  When I see people signing with what could be considered their “childhood home team” I figure their wife, girlfriend, or family wants them closer, and the player has made enough money that he is comfortable with the move.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:57 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Which is exactly what you say when trying to bargain from a position of strength....I wouldn't take it to mean much either way necessarily