Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would like to see this lineup in the O

ruf

for just a series or two in a game to have our big wr's set in TE positions (patmon and straught)

with MPJ and PC out wide and JT in the backfield

think of what this could do--we could run the ball from this or send those two fast wr's (that are lined up as te's downfield)

they would have to have extra safties in the game to cover them which should make it easier to run the ball or if they put bigger LB'ers or DL they could pass the ball

thoughts about seeing this setup in the lineup for a few series

I think it’s 50/50 that both Patmon and Strahan make the 53.  

But MAC would be the other TE in that formation.  Basically a 3 WR set with the third WR in the tight slot, ready to block.  I’m pretty sure that’s already in the playbook. 

I’m hoping to see something like that a lot.  

On 6/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, ruf said:

for just a series or two in a game to have our big wr's set in TE positions (patmon and straught)

think of what this could do--we could run the ball from this or send those two fast wr's (that are lined up as te's downfield)

they would have to have extra safties in the game to cover them which should make it easier to run the ball or if they put bigger LB'ers or DL they could pass the ball

Before Reich's first game as coach he talked about the Offense going to be  innovative.....it's like six years now and I'm still waiting, unless you include Hines running up the gut. :D

On 6/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, ruf said:

But those WRs lined up at TE are going to be tasked to block defensive ends I just don’t know that they are physically capable of doing that.

53 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Before Reich's first game as coach he talked about the Offense going to be  innovative.....it's like six years now and I'm still waiting, unless you include Hines running up the gut. :D

I forget who on Twitter has been making some great short vids (Zach Hicks perhaps?) on some of the innovative ways Reich has schemed WR's open.  It's usually the QB who doesn't read it right or just misses the throw though.  

On 6/10/2022 at 7:12 AM, Smonroe said:

But MAC would be the other TE in that formation.  Basically a 3 WR set with the third WR in the tight slot, ready to block.  I’m pretty sure that’s already in the playbook. 

sounds about right

On 6/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Smonroe said:

I think both making the roster comes down to do they add a vet or not.  If they don’t then Pierce more or less just takes TY spot with last years WR group and Patmon starts on the active roster rather than PUP like last year to take Pascal’s spot.  

If they do add a vet then I think Patmon or Strachon probably goes to make room for the vet because I don’t think the vet they signed, Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, or Dulin is getting cut and I think they keep six.  

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think both making the roster comes down to do they add a vet or not.  If they don’t then Pierce more or less just takes TY spot with last years WR group and Patmon starts on the active roster rather than PUP like last year to take Pascal’s spot.  

If they do add a vet then I think Patmon or Strachon probably goes to make room for the vet because I don’t think the vet they signed, Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, or Dulin is getting cut and I think they keep six.  

Agree.  And of course injuries plays its part as always.  

I’m really rooting for Parris.  He needs this and we need him.  

I'd love Strachan to make strides and stick with the team.... But honestly, we have soany huge, fast wrs now it's strange for a long time colts fan.  Reggie was out "big" wideput for so long at 6ft 200 lbs.... We all wanted 6-2, 6-4 215, 225 wrs.... And now we have a ton of them .... So I guess Strachan, amazing story aside, isn't such a rare commodity for us anymore as far as measurables go.

Archived