Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 2023 Colts Mock drafts

Thought it would be fun to start having Colts 2023 mocks, even if it is a bit early. Here is mine.

I would LOVE a draft like this. Notice I also robbed the Jets of their 2024 1st round pick in the process. 

It won't let me upload the PFF mock draft result image as it is too large. So here were the results.

I traded the 25th overall pick to the Jets. (I dealt 25, and 2024 round 2, 3, and 6)

In return I got the Jets 37th overall, and then their 2024 1st and 3rd

With the 37th pick I took LB Noah Sewell to create a top trio with Leonard and Okereke. 

Then with Indy's 2nd rounder I took CB Joey Porter Jr.

In the 3rd round I took WR Quentin Johnston.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 2023 draft will look the opposite of the 22 draft.    I think our Day 1 and Day 2 picks will all be defense with all our Day 3 picks being offense.   So, reversed. 

And since I’ve read that the DE class is supposed to be strong and deep, and I’m guessing Ngokoue moves on to another team….   I think we do this…. 

R1.  DE

R2.  CB.    Wash pick from Wentz deal

R2.   DB    Our pick 

R3.   Traded for Safety Cross

R4.    WR

R5.    OL

R6.    RB

R7.     OL  

I think we need to start thinking about replacements for both Grover Stewart, Ryan Kelly and Luke Rhodes.

Now I do like Pinter but do wish he was younger and might have 3-5 years worth of playing.  Can only hope that French can show enough to stick around but wouldn't be shocked late in Round 1 if we target OC John Michael Schmitz (Minn).

As for Stewart am not too impressed with his backups in Williams and McIntosh as is.  My short list options for now are:

• Jackson Cravens (Boise St)
  • Tyler Davis (Clemson)
  • Jeffery Johnson (Oklahoma)

FS  should also be up for consideration with Rodney McLeod on a short-term contract but do like FS Quindell Johnson (Memphis).

LS Luke Rhodes has been with the Colts for a while now and rarely does a LS get drafted but Jack Maddox (Clemson) might hear his name called in Round 6-7 making him the 9th LS drafted since 2015.

CBs are also high on our list would think.  Just like last year expect the draft to have too many players in que and many go UDFA given 5-6 year options many took with either redshirting or Covid extension(s).

On 6/15/2022 at 1:00 AM, OhioColt said:

I think we need to start thinking about replacements for both Grover Stewart, Ryan Kelly and Luke Rhodes.

Now I do like Pinter but do wish he was younger and might have 3-5 years worth of playing.  Can only hope that French can show enough to stick around but wouldn't be shocked late in Round 1 if we target OC John Michael Schmitz (Minn).

As for Stewart am not too impressed with his backups in Williams and McIntosh as is.  My short list options for now are:

• Jackson Cravens (Boise St)
  • Tyler Davis (Clemson)
  • Jeffery Johnson (Oklahoma)

FS  should also be up for consideration with Rodney McLeod on a short-term contract but do like FS Quindell Johnson (Memphis).

LS Luke Rhodes has been with the Colts for a while now and rarely does a LS get drafted but Jack Maddox (Clemson) might hear his name called in Round 6-7 making him the 9th LS drafted since 2015.

CBs are also high on our list would think.  Just like last year expect the draft to have too many players in que and many go UDFA given 5-6 year options many took with either redshirting or Covid extension(s).

“Both?”

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think the 2023 draft will look the opposite of the 22 draft.    I think our Day 1 and Day 2 picks will all be defense with all our Day 3 picks being offense.   So, reversed. 

And since I’ve read that the DE class is supposed to be strong and deep, and I’m guessing Ngokoue moves on to another team….   I think we do this…. 

R1.  DE

R2.  CB.    Wash pick from Wentz deal

R2.   DB    Our pick 

R3.   Traded for Safety Cross

R4.    WR

R5.    OL

R6.    RB

R7.     OL  

I  think that a couple of Ballards's picks at DE  will finally reveal themselves.  I think Dayo and Paye will break out. I even have a warm spot for Banagou. I don't see qb till at least 2024. They r all in with Ryan for 2022 and 2023 unless the wheels fall off. I don't see them wasting draft capital on a qb as they want to win now with every available asset. I think their 1st pick will be LT. I don't think Pryor or Rainman are the option. Both may settle in at guard. Now they could go into free agency but they have a guard they have to pay millions to, so I could see Pryor and Raiman as guards.  Now let's say everything works out and Pryor or Rainman play LT. Then I see their 1st pick as corner. Gilmore is long in the tooth. Honestly, I could see them trading their 1st pick next year if they have a strong play off run. I think Ryan can play at a franchise level for 3 years. So go all in.

42 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I  think that a couple of Ballards's picks at DE  will finally reveal themselves.  I think Dayo and Paye will break out. I even have a warm spot for Banagou. I don't see qb till at least 2024. They r all in with Ryan for 2022 and 2023 unless the wheels fall off. I don't see them wasting draft capital on a qb as they want to win now with every available asset. I think their 1st pick will be LT. I don't think Pryor or Rainman are the option. Both may settle in at guard. Now they could go into free agency but they have a guard they have to pay millions to, so I could see Pryor and Raiman as guards.  Now let's say everything works out and Pryor or Rainman play LT. Then I see their 1st pick as corner. Gilmore is long in the tooth. Honestly, I could see them trading their 1st pick next year if they have a strong play off run. I think Ryan can play at a franchise level for 3 years. So go all in.

I’ve had LT as our top priority for a while.   Then we decided to give Pryor a good look and we drafted Raimann.   I think they’d have to both flop to draft another LT first overall.   I think they’ll be good enough and one will emerge as acceptable this year and be improved next year. 

I think Ngokoue is a likely cap casualty next year, even with the cap going up to $225m.   If that happens, I think we will want to invest in another pass rusher, and I’ve read next years class is very strong at Edge Rusher.   So a rookie contract would replace Yannick’s salary which might be $12-13m, maybe more. 

I don’t see us using a first round pick for our zone defense.   I think it’s too rich for both Ballard and Bradley.   After using 3 of our first 4 picks this year on offense, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us reverse that next year.  

Sorry this went so long.    Lots of moving parts. 

On 7/28/2022 at 12:01 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve had LT as our top priority for a while.   Then we decided to give Pryor a good look and we drafted Raimann.   I think they’d have to both flop to draft another LT first overall.   I think they’ll be good enough and one will emerge as acceptable this year and be improved next year. 

I think Ngokoue is a likely cap casualty next year, even with the cap going up to $225m.   If that happens, I think we will want to invest in another pass rusher, and I’ve read next years class is very strong at Edge Rusher.   So a rookie contract would replace Yannick’s salary which might be $12-13m, maybe more. 

I don’t see us using a first round pick for our zone defense.   I think it’s too rich for both Ballard and Bradley.   After using 3 of our first 4 picks this year on offense, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us reverse that next year.  

Sorry this went so long.    Lots of moving parts. 

At some point I do see the Colts addressing their DL next off-season.  My early DL watch list include:

IDL

4-3 NT Jackson Cravens (Boise St)

4-3 DT Scott Matlock (Boise St)

4-3 NT Daymond Williams (Buffalo)

4-3 NT Tyler Davis (Clemson)

4-3 DT Devin Phillips (Colorado St) 5-yr

4-3 DT Leonard Payne Jr (Fresno St)

4-3 DT Morris Joseph (Memphis transfer Georgia Tech)

3-4 LDT Cory Durden (NC State) 5-year

4-3 NT Jeffery Johnson (Oklahoma xfer from Tulane) 5-year

4-3 DT Dante Stills (West Virginia) 5-year

4-3 DT Darius Shipp (Western Kentucky)

4-3 DT Brodric Martin (Western Kentucky)

4-3 DT Jacob Slade (Michigan St)

Edge

4-3 LDE Shane Irwin (Boise St)

4-3 RDE Demitri Washington (Boise St)

4-3 RDE Marcus Valdez (BC) 5-yr

4-3 RDE Karl Brooks (Bowling Green)

4-3 LDE Markees Watts (Charlotte

4-3 LDE Turan Rush (Eastern Michigan)

4-3 LDE David Perales (Fresno St)

3-4 RDE Justin Ellis (Georgia Southern)

3-4 RDE Will McDonald IV (Iowa St)

3-4 LDE Andre Jones (Louisiana) 6-year

3-4 RDE Zi’Yon Hill (Louisiana) 6-year

4-3 RDE Mitchell Agude (Miami FL xfer from UCLA)

4-3 RDE Jordan Ferguson (Middle Tenn)

4-3 LDE Trajan Jeffcoat (Missouri)

4-3 RDE Isaiah McGuire (Missouri)

4-3 RDE Noah Taylor (NC xfer from Virginia)

4-3 LDE Tyler Lacy (Oklahoma St) 6’4” 295lbs

4-3 LDE Anthony Goodlow (Tulsa)

4-3 LDE Jadrian Taylor (UTEP)

4-3 LDE Ron Stone Jr (Washington St)

4-3 RDE Brennan Jackson (Washington St)

4-3 LDE Taijh Alston (West Virginia)

Matt Ryan is a stop-gap QB for a few years at most while LT/WR/TE are also important positions to keep tabs on as the season progresses.  On defense obviously thinking about futures of Stewart and Ngokoue.  Some of our DBs will need replaced.  Due to Covid extensions and red-shirting expect a large amount of players to go undrafted again.  Potential to rebuild cheap with quality talent finding a hidden gem.

34 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

At some point I do see the Colts addressing their DL next off-season.  My early DL watch list include:

IDL

4-3 NT Jackson Cravens (Boise St)

4-3 DT Scott Matlock (Boise St)

4-3 NT Daymond Williams (Buffalo)

4-3 NT Tyler Davis (Clemson)

4-3 DT Devin Phillips (Colorado St) 5-yr

4-3 DT Leonard Payne Jr (Fresno St)

4-3 DT Morris Joseph (Memphis transfer Georgia Tech)

3-4 LDT Cory Durden (NC State) 5-year

4-3 NT Jeffery Johnson (Oklahoma xfer from Tulane) 5-year

4-3 DT Dante Stills (West Virginia) 5-year

4-3 DT Darius Shipp (Western Kentucky)

4-3 DT Brodric Martin (Western Kentucky)

4-3 DT Jacob Slade (Michigan St)

Edge

4-3 LDE Shane Irwin (Boise St)

4-3 RDE Demitri Washington (Boise St)

4-3 RDE Marcus Valdez (BC) 5-yr

4-3 RDE Karl Brooks (Bowling Green)

4-3 LDE Markees Watts (Charlotte

4-3 LDE Turan Rush (Eastern Michigan)

4-3 LDE David Perales (Fresno St)

3-4 RDE Justin Ellis (Georgia Southern)

3-4 RDE Will McDonald IV (Iowa St)

3-4 LDE Andre Jones (Louisiana) 6-year

3-4 RDE Zi’Yon Hill (Louisiana) 6-year

4-3 RDE Mitchell Agude (Miami FL xfer from UCLA)

4-3 RDE Jordan Ferguson (Middle Tenn)

4-3 LDE Trajan Jeffcoat (Missouri)

4-3 RDE Isaiah McGuire (Missouri)

4-3 RDE Noah Taylor (NC xfer from Virginia)

4-3 LDE Tyler Lacy (Oklahoma St) 6’4” 295lbs

4-3 LDE Anthony Goodlow (Tulsa)

4-3 LDE Jadrian Taylor (UTEP)

4-3 LDE Ron Stone Jr (Washington St)

4-3 RDE Brennan Jackson (Washington St)

4-3 LDE Taijh Alston (West Virginia)

Matt Ryan is a stop-gap QB for a few years at most while LT/WR/TE are also important positions to keep tabs on as the season progresses.  On defense obviously thinking about futures of Stewart and Ngokoue.  Some of our DBs will need replaced.  Due to Covid extensions and red-shirting expect a large amount of players to go undrafted again.  Potential to rebuild cheap with quality talent finding a hidden gem.

Wowza!    Thanks for so much good homework!    :thmup:

You should probably bookmark this.   I suspect you and I and others may want to reference it often over the next 8-9 months or so.  Lots of good info here.   I’m concerned we will lose Yannick after next year, and if so, I think DE becomes priority one.   Hope I’m wrong, but fear I’m right.  

I agree with this

Next year the QBs coming out of the draft seem strong

A decent QB prospect to develop for the future could be in range

There are 6-7 candidates, that IF..... IF they have a great season, may be a consideration

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Matt Ryan is a stop-gap QB for a few years at most while LT/WR/TE are also important positions to keep tabs on as the season progresses.  

On 8/3/2022 at 3:50 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Wowza!    Thanks for so much good homework!    :thmup:

You should probably bookmark this.   I suspect you and I and others may want to reference it often over the next 8-9 months or so.  Lots of good info here.   I’m concerned we will lose Yannick after next year, and if so, I think DE becomes priority one.   Hope I’m wrong, but fear I’m right.  

DB watch list of top players, many more than I listed I have documented but here goes:

CB

CB Steven Jones Jr. (Appalachian St) 5-year

CB Nehemiah Pritchett (Auburn)

CB Al Walcott (Baylor)

RCB Kaleb Hayes (BYU) DNP 2020 5-year

CB Trey Creamer (Charlotte)

CB Arquon Bush (Cincy) 5-year

CB D’Jordan Strong (Coastal Carolina)

NCB Tywan Francis (Colorado St) 5-year

CB Quavian White (Georgia St) 5-year avg

CB Hugh Nelson II (Hawaii) DNP 2020

NB Jartavius Martin (Illinois) 5-year

CB Jaylin Williams (IU) 5-year

CB Tiawan Mullen (IU)

RCB Riley Moss (Iowa) 5-year

LCB Tayvonn Kyle (Iowa St)

CB Montre Miller (Kent St)

CB Chandler Jones (Louisville) 5-year

CB Jarrick Bernard-Converse (LSU x’fer Oklahoma St) 5-year

CB Steven Gilmore (Marshall) 5-year – needs to add weight

CB Jakorian Bennett (Maryland)

CB DJ Turner (Michigan) – top projection draft pick, from Week 8 on had an 80.7 coverage grade playing press-man.  Finished with an 83.3 coverage grade last season

CB Ronald Williams (Michigan St)

CB Miles Battle (Ole Miss) 5-year

CB A.J. Hampton Jr. (NW) 5-year

FCB Cam Hart (ND)

CB Rejzohn Wright (Oregon St)

CB Jamari Brown (Purdue)

CB Kessawn Abraham (Rutgers) 5-year

LCB Darrell Luter Jr. (South Alabama)

CB Darius Rush (South Carolina)

CB Kyu Blu Kelly (Stanford)

CB Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson (TCU) 5’9” 177lbs

CB Warren Burrell (Tenn)

CB Malik Dunlap (Texas Tech)

CB Tyon Davis (Tulsa)

CB Starling Thomas V (UAB)

CB Corey Mayfield Jr. (UTSA) 5-year

FCB Jaylen Mahoney (Vanderbilt)

FCB Darrius Bratton (Virginia)

LCB Derrick Langford Jr. (Washington St)

NCB Armani Marsh (Washington St) 5-years

LCB Charles Woods (West Virginia) – highly regarded draft pick projection 

CB Dominique Bradshaw (Western Kentucky)

CB Jay Shaw (Wisconsin) 5-year

SAF

SS Jordan Battle (Alabama) – First Round draft pick

FS Khoury Bethley (Arizona St x’fer from Hawaii) 5-year

SS Marquel Broughton (Army)

SS Jaiden Woodbey (BC) 5-year

FS Jordan Anderson (Bowling Green)

SS Trey Dean III (Florida) 5-year

SS Elijah Gates (Fresno St) 5-year

FS Evan Williams (Fresno St)

FS Christopher Smith (Georgia) 5-year – top projected draft pick 

FS Gervarrius Owens (Houston)

SS Sydney Brown (Illinois) 5-6 year

S Devon Matthews (IU) 5-year

BCB Anthony Johnson Jr. (Iowa St) 5-year

SAF Kenny Logan Jr. (Kansas)

SAF Nico Bolden (Kent St) 5-year

SAF Dean Clark (Kent St)

FS Javon Scruggs (Liberty) 5-year

SAF Bralen Trahan (Louisiana) 6-year

FS Kenderick Duncan (Louisville) 5-year

FS Jay Ward (LSU)

SS Joe Foucha (LSU x’fer Arkansas) 5-year

FS Quindell Johnson (Memphis) – highly ranked draft pick 

BCB Rodney Owens (Memphis)

SAF Xavier Henderson (Michigan St)

SAF Jordan Howden (Minn) 5-year

FS AJ Finley (Ole Miss)

SS Martez Manuel (Missouri)

FS Brandon Joseph (ND x’fer NW) – top draft pick needs to clean up issues from last year dropped draft stock

SAF Jason Taylor II (Oklahoma St)

SAF Ji’Ayir Brown (PSU)

FS Erick Hallett II (Pitt)

FS Cam Allen (Purdue)

SAF Avery Young (Rutgers) 6’1” 205lbs 5-year

AZ Patrick McMorris (San Diego St)

SS Jaylen McCollough (Tenn)

SAF Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (Texas Tech)

FS Macon Clark (Tulane) 5-year

SS Larry Brooks (Tulane) 6’0” 200lbs 5-year

FS Jordan Lee (Washington St x’fer Nevada) 5-year

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I agree with this

There are 6-7 candidates, that IF..... IF they have a great season, may be a consideration

In full agreement. Ryan will be 39 by the start of the 2024 season. Taking a qb next year gives a year to acclimate to the NFL and set up a qb for success and hopefully answer the need for a long term qb for the Colts. 

On 8/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, MikeCurtis said:

I agree with this

Yeah assuming Ryan is even close to what we expect, QB won't be on our radar, but if a quality prospect is there like a Pickett-type guy, we should consider it as Ryan is of course not a long-term answer...but if he's doing well, it would make sense to give him all the support he needs too. No easy answers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:46 PM, jonjon said:

Yeah assuming Ryan is even close to what we expect, QB won't be on our radar, but if a quality prospect is there like a Pickett-type guy, we should consider it as Ryan is of course not a long-term answer...but if he's doing well, it would make sense to give him all the support he needs too. No easy answers!

I disagree with you on this. I feel 2023 is the perfect year to draft Indy’s next franchise signal caller at QB. It’s a strong year for QBs next year, and Ryan can mentor him for a year or so before the young stud takes over. I would love getting an Anthony Richardson if he’s in range, or possibly Tyler Van *. Ballard HAS to finally find his future at QB sooner rather than later drafts. 

32 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I disagree with you on this. I feel 2023 is the perfect year to draft Indy’s next franchise signal caller at QB. It’s a strong year for QBs next year, and Ryan can mentor him for a year or so before the young stud takes over. I would love getting an Anthony Richardson if he’s in range, or possibly Tyler Van *. Ballard HAS to finally find his future at QB sooner rather than later drafts. 

IMO our roster is getting Very Deep. That said, giving up next years #1 and 24's #1 +Whatever to move up is FINALLY Much less an issue now. CB will have this move on his radar.
 Like anyone should see, how valuable a year behind Ryan would be, then we have his Rookie contract $$ to allow us to keep as many of our players as possible.

But NO, let's not just enjoy this years many interesting prospects and see how our team gets better. LET'S read the dung of the doubting, whiners, endless complainers.

49 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Will Levis gets past No.10, Ballard has to start thinking of moving up for him, and the Tyler Van D*ke QB kid from Miami, who may actually be available for our pick though might be more raw. There will be some good LT prospects at our drafting position as well. Maybe a Carter Warren of Pittsburgh might even be available for our Round 2 pick if we don't give that up in any trades. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got:

1) Myles Murphy, DL, Clemson

2) Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia

2) Rasheed Rice, WR, SMU

4) Garvon Dexter, DT, Florida

5) Owen Pappoe, LB, Auburn

7) Grayson McCall, QB, Coastal Carolina

7) Micah Abraham, CB, Marshall

We end Ryan experiment after one, and run with Ehlinger and Foles.  If the kid can’t get it done, we should be in position to draft a QB the next year.  Keep the WRs coming - they take a year or two to develop.  Murphy is a Ballard, long-armed type, and Jones can fill in where needed on the line (like RG or RT).

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

image.png.436d12c9557e16da0aa4e2eb500945df.png

image.png.ef5b508d70a7ebebf1c39957cf2b5036.png

Just did a fun simulation, this is what I came up with a few trades. The last one is Chad Ryland, K, Maryland

I am 100% sure Will Levis won't be there at No.19 but hey, it is all for fun. :) 

For whatever it’s worth….   Levi’s appears to be a hit name fast riser.   Current flavor of the month.    Kiper has him ranked 2nd among QBs behind Stroud and ahead of Young.  

And in the story, one GM thought Levi’s might go first overall in the 23 draft.   So, yeah, there’s a good chance he won’t be there for us.   

38 minutes ago, craigerb said:

You think we'll have the worst record in the NFL this year!?!

No, sorry.   Poor choice of words.   First overall for the Colts.   Not sure I see the Colts using our first pick on another LT on this coming draft.    I think the Colts believe Raimann is our long/term answer. 

On 6/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, John Hammonds said:

I think I would take

D.J. Uiagalelei, QB, Clemson

Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama

Edenfuan Ulofoshio, LB, Washington

Zion Tupuola-Fetui, EDGE, Washington

And name them to the "Would You Like To Buy A Vowel" team

What about trading with the Bucs for Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau Vea? (obvious reference to which player it is for them)

16.Will Levis
QB Kentucky

47. Darnell Wright
OT Tennessee

70. Connor Galvin
OT Baylor

115. Mekhi Garner
CB LSU

147. Sataoa Laumea
OG Utah

211. Brock Martin
EDGE Oklahoma State

223. Bumper Pool
LB Arkansas

****Disclaimer****

I am NOT a draft guru, but I do like doing mock drafts.  While I will do many more and this is likely to change after the season and draft combine, this is my mock after watching the Broncos game.  Levis - because I do not believe Ehlinger will ever get a chance or will be long term solution.  3 OT/OG - need serious upgrade and competition.  7th Rd LB - just like the name.

• 2 weeks later...

Xavier Henderson S (Michigan State)
Darius Shipp (Western Kentucky)
Anthony Goodlow (Tulsa)
Jordan Anderson (Bowling Green)
Hendon Hooker (QB Tennessee)
I don't know how to make accurate drafts, but I think I somehow succeeded. Can you give me a couple of tips for those who are really bored?

I had a little fun with this one.  Traded back several times to get draft capital for the following draft.  Basically, I did a Madden draft.  LOL  (Look at all those 2024 picks with decent picks too)

52. Jahmyr Gibbs
RB Alabama

54. Emil Ekiyor Jr.
OG Alabama

69. Siaki Ika
DT Baylor

82. Connor Galvin
OT Baylor

88. Tyrique Stevenson
CB Miami (FL)

103. Hendon Hooker
QB Tennessee

176. Jermaine Burton
WR Alabama

194. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu
OT Oregon

210. Nick Herbig
EDGE Wisconsin

219. Christian Izien
S Rutgers

2024 LV 1st
2024 MIA 5th
2024 MIA 6th
2024 TB 7th
2024 ATL 7th
2024 BAL 7th

So far I’m hoping we do something similar to what the Jets did in this years draft and trade up a couple of times and get 3 1st round picks. The players don’t necessarily matter right now, but I think we need to get a QB, LT, and Edge rusher in the 1st round. Spend a 2nd/3rd on a CB.

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

So far I’m hoping we do something similar to what the Jets did in this years draft and trade up a couple of times and get 3 1st round picks. The players don’t necessarily matter right now, but I think we need to get a QB, LT, and Edge rusher in the 1st round. Spend a 2nd/3rd on a CB.

Right now we have a 1, 2, and likely the Wash 3. 

How do you propose the Colts add TWO more first round picks without also giving up the 2 and 3 we have?

As best as I can tell, you want us to have at least FIVE Day One and Day Two picks.  You want a 1, a 1, a 1 , and a 2, and a 3. 

How do the Colts do that? 

On 11/3/2022 at 12:59 AM, IndyColtsFan411 said:

I had a little fun with this one.  Traded back several times to get draft capital for the following draft.  Basically, I did a Madden draft.  LOL  (Look at all those 2024 picks with decent picks too)

52. Jahmyr Gibbs
RB Alabama

54. Emil Ekiyor Jr.
OG Alabama

69. Siaki Ika
DT Baylor

82. Connor Galvin
OT Baylor

88. Tyrique Stevenson
CB Miami (FL)

103. Hendon Hooker
QB Tennessee

176. Jermaine Burton
WR Alabama

194. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu
OT Oregon

210. Nick Herbig
EDGE Wisconsin

219. Christian Izien
S Rutgers

2024 LV 1st
2024 MIA 5th
2024 MIA 6th
2024 TB 7th
2024 ATL 7th
2024 BAL 7th

To give you only one small example of how unrealistic these mocks are…..

You have Hooker,  the Tennessee QB going in the 4th round.   As of TODAY, early November, Herndon is projected as a FIRST round player.   Likely top-10 and maybe higher.  

Have fun.   Enjoy doing this.   Just understand that these mock simulations are unrealistic every year up until around April.   So you have about 3-4 weeks of realistic mocks.   That’s it. 

It’s the same every year. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To give you only one small example of how unrealistic these mocks are…..

You have Hooker,  the Tennessee QB going in the 4th round.   As of TODAY, early November, Herndon is projected as a FIRST round player.   Likely top-10 and maybe higher.  

Have fun.   Enjoy doing this.   Just understand that these mock simulations are unrealistic every year up until around April.   So you have about 3-4 weeks of realistic mocks.   That’s it. 

It’s the same every year. 

If we drafted Hooker I would be excited. He is really good IMO.

Archived