Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mini Camp Day 2

47 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Strachan is injured and Patmon is making a big impression by all media counts. Strachan is losing time to prove himself.

losing time in minicamp? He has plenty of reps left to take this offseasons. This is just the beginning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Over react much?    

The more Patmon impresses  the less opportunity Strachan will have to prove himself. My gut says only one makes the team. If Patmon is impressing with Ryan Strachan will have a hard time getting reps with him when he does come back.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

By all accounts, he’s had a good spring.   Where is this coming from?    

Depends on how many WRs Colts keep. He’s below Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin. Not mention they could still sign a vet WR. He’s going to fight Strachan for the last spot.

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I was thinking about this earlier.  Pinter did really well at center last year.  What if that ends up being his best position by far?  With Kelly bing a big center, I wonder if out best group could include Pinter at Center and Kelly at RG…

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was thinking about this earlier.  Pinter did really well at center last year.  What if that ends up being his best position by far?  With Kelly bing a big center, I wonder if out best group could include Pinter at Center and Kelly at RG…

Nah I don’t think so. What he did leave off this tweet was who is at RG when Pinter is at center.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Depends on how many WRs Colts keep. He’s below Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin. Not mention they could still sign a vet WR. He’s going to fight Strachan for the last spot.

Ballard has made it clear he was going to see what he has before signing a vet.  We will keep 6.  Although if Hines plays more slot maybe they do just keep 5. But o really do see six.

17 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nah I don’t think so. What he did leave off this tweet was who is at RG when Pinter is at center.

Based on the tweet, it reads to me as though it is Kelly. They are flipping them so that the starting unit is all playing together

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

We typically keep 6 WRs.    Right now, it would appear Patmon is likely WR4 or WR5.   So, I think he’s ok even if we sign a vet even if he’s WR5. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The more Patmon impresses  the less opportunity Strachan will have to prove himself. My gut says only one makes the team. If Patmon is impressing with Ryan Strachan will have a hard time getting reps with him when he does come back.

It all depends if we keep 5 or 6 WRs and we typically keep 6.   And it also depends on if we sign a vet?   

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Based on the tweet, it reads to me as though it is Kelly. They are flipping them so that the starting unit is all playing together

Yeah, and I think we do a bit of this every year in TC.  Switch them up, both so we have positional flexibility and so players are more ready to switch up in case of injury.  But this is one I would keep my eye on.  Pinter was pretty dang good at center, and I always thought Kelly would make a good OG…

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It all depends if we keep 5 or 6 WRs and we typically keep 6.   And it also depends on if we sign a vet?   

Even if we keep 6 the chances are only one makes it. I still think if they don’t bring Hilton back Coutee will make the team. Maybe that changes with Hines getting more WR reps.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We typically keep 6 WRs.    Right now, it would appear Patmon is likely WR4 or WR5.   So, I think he’s ok even if we sign a vet even if he’s WR5. 

Pretty sure last two years we have kept 6. But maybe it is five with Hines playing WR more.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Even if we keep 6 the chances are only one makes it. I still think if they don’t bring Hilton back Coutee will make the team. Maybe that changes with Hines getting more WR reps.

Pretty sure last two years we have kept 6. But maybe it is five with Hines playing WR more.

For purposes of team roster accounting,  Hines will count as a RB.   And it remains a mystery why you think Coutee is ahead of Strachan?   It MAY work out that way, but I don’t think it’s likely.  

This team believes in Strachan.   Now maybe they risk him being claimed and hope to sneak him on to the PS.   Maybe.   But I wouldn’t count on that.