• Willis SS
    • Blackmon FS/SS
    • Banogu (LEO)
    • Okereke (LB)
    • Dayo DE/DT
    • Lewis DE/DT
  5. 5. Most Improved Offense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/2022 at 07:40 AM

Notes

• I'm sure I did not include some players that some on the board wanted for certain categories, but tried to capture the most well known or talked about folks that fit. 
  • For the dark horse polls, the intent was to focus on either pre-existing roster guys that did not see many snaps in 2021, were backups, or new to the roster (not early rounds / 3rd or later). 
  • For MVP, included guys that we know are already good and proven to some extent
  • For most improved, guys that were already in the league, perhaps struggled last season, or perhaps not met expectation by some.
  • I'm purposefully keeping Parris from the options as he's been a freak injury situation, and I don't want to skew things. Leaving a few others out in specific polls to keep from skewing or divisive chatter. 

So, of the options... pick lol

PS... Happy to do a later poll during training camp along the same lines, so feel free to make suggestions of who you'd want to see. I know folks have specific interest in some, or favs. .

1. O Dark Horse - Dulin
    • 2nd most experienced snap getter at WR. Great traits, small school. Had time to learn. Good OTA reviews. 
  2. D Dark Horse - Cross
    • Traded up to get him IIRC. Our safety situation is a mess, or at worse, open. Blackmon coming back from injury, Willis holding out? Cross has very good traits. McLeod won't go quietly though. 
    • Chesley and Facyson will contend. Moore's situation can alter things bigly. 
  3. MVPs
    • O - Taking Ryan here.
      • River's might have been better short to fit Reich's O, but Ryan is more well rounded and has a stronger arm. 
      • I first wanted to say JT, but I'm hoping we are smart and will get more balanced. Regardless of MVP, JT is the most talented guy. But a QB is simply more critical. 
    • D - Taking Ngakoue here
      • Gus will be under pressure to improve pressures. Ngakoue has never had a guy like Defo on the interior to draw attention. 
      • Leonard could get this too, or Gilmore. With more 1 gapping, LBs will need to clean up more. With more zone, and better pressure, Gilmore likely balls out now that he's rested and healthy. 
  4. Most improved D
    • Moore, if still here, will have a chip. He'll also likely have better pressure from the DL, and the best outside CBs he's ever had.
  5. Most improved O
    • Took Dulin here too. He's either a dark horse or most improved. Ryan will like him. He should be a top 4 WR unless we sign someone out of the blue. I'd love it if Strachan or Patmon became a monster though.

I took a week off in here as I had a lot going on this past week. I can't remember the last time I took a week off in here lmao . Just now getting caught up on the all the posts. Great work as usual  @EastStreet, I went:

1. Dulin.

2. Cross.

3. Taylor and Leonard but it would not shock me if Matt Ryan had a very good year. Leonard just creates so many turnovers and I don't expect that to change. Taylor will be in the MVP discussion if and (when) we win the division The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO).

4. Dayo - I think he will be 100% this season and will shine in many games for us.

5. Hines - He is going to have a huge season IMO just based on our WR room being above average at best. Pittman is good, Pierce is a rookie but will be possibly above average, Dulin can be above average, but I see Ryan using Hines a lot much like Luck and Rivers did. 

I took Domann as the dark horse on defense. My darkhorse on offense is Michal Young jr. If Dayo is the most improved defensive player this defense will be lights out.(as long as we stop playing corners 8 yards off the line of scrimmage on third and 3!!) I'm hoping Campbell can stay healthy.

18 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I took Domann as the dark horse on defense. My darkhorse on offense is Michal Young jr. If Dayo is the most improved defensive player this defense will be lights out.(as long as we stop playing corners 8 yards off the line of scrimmage on third and 3!!) I'm hoping Campbell can stay healthy.

If I were just picking from UDFAs, I'd choose Domann and Young too. More confident in Domann though. 

I really think he (Domann) could make some noise and push even for some depth snaps on D in passing situations.

IMO, he'll be a ST's lock to make the team. Total hot take though.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If I were just picking from UDFAs, I'd choose Domann and Young too. More confident in Domann though. 

I really think he (Domann) could make some noise and push even for some depth snaps on D in passing situations.

IMO, he'll be a ST's lock to make the team. Total hot take though.

I look for Dayo to play really well being healthy. Ballard seen something in him so I trust Ballard. He may turn out to be good.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I look for Dayo to play really well being healthy. Ballard seen something in him so I trust Ballard. He may turn out to be good.

He certainly has good traits. Ballard needs a win in the DE space (drafts), so hope he hits on this one. 

1. Offensive Dark Horse of 2022 - Pinter... has the cleanest path to most snaps(he will pretty much get 100% of the snaps unless he gets injured) and has already shown to be capable in spot starting duties. 

2. Defensive Dark Horse of 2022 - this was the hardest question for me and I can see multiple answers being good options here. I voted Franklin... 

3. Pick 2 (1 O and 1 D): Offensive and Defensive MVP - Ryan(no comment, if he plays to his ability he will be MVP of the offense) and Leonard... as long as he's healthy there is noone that has shown better consisency and more impact than Leonard. This defense was bottom 5 unit last year if it wasn't for all the turnovers he forced or recovered... and that was with him playing injured most of the season. 

4. Most Improved Defense - Dayo... :dunno:

5. Most Improved Offense - Nelson... but only because he wasn't himself last year with multiple injuries and COVID. He's been tremendous in every other year so I expect a return to that form and this would easily be enough to win that category. Hines is another good option because of the characteristics of last year's QB and this year's QB, which if I had to guess would help him a lot this year. 

1. O Dark horse - I picked Pryor. I think he’s going to be a decent player at the critical LT position for us.

2. D Dark horse - Facyson. I really like what I’ve seen on film and read about him. I think he was a very underrated addition this off season.

3. O MVP - I’m going with Taylor. Could easily see it being Ryan, but I think our offense will still center around JT.

4. D MVP - Darius Leonard. I honestly think he’s the best non pass rushing defensive player in the league. He’s the #1 player on defense we can’t afford to lose, in my opinion. 
5. Most improved D - Dayo. I just think he makes the biggest leap from last year, very talented.

6. Most improved O - Hines. He’s always been one of our better weapons. I think he finally gets his chance to really shine this year.

Raimann  - I don’t expect it but that’s why it’s a dark horse 

banogu - hoping it all clicks 

taylor - could be Ryan but I think Taylor may be up for mvp of the league

banogu - if it clicks like I hop then he should be most improved 

Hines - I just think he gets used more than last year.  Not sure that is a true improvement.  

Archived