Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR: 9 Questions

EastStreet

Gonna take a moment and answer in a few.

Feel free to copy paste the Qs for your reply.

1. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ?
  2. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ?
  3. Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?
  4. How many games will Parris play in 2022 ?
  5. What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter)
  6. What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter)
  7. Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS).
  8. Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played). 
  9. Will TY be back?

1. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ?
    • Campbell and Dulin
  2. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ?
    • Campbell and Dulin
  3. Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?
    • Dulin
    • 13 (unlucky number lol)
  5. What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter)
    • Campbell, Pittman, Pierce
  6. What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter)
    • Pittman, Pierce, Strachan
  7. Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS).
    • Nope. I hope he does though
    • Campbell
  9. Will TY be back?
    • Nope

I can only guess the answers to two of them at this time, Campbell, makes it to game 1, 1st play, 1st series before getting injured, assuming he comes out of camp healthy Anything beyond that is breaking the expectations I have for him. 

TY is gone. I really don’t see him back under any circumstance except for MAYBE if WR depth due to injury becomes a concern. 

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I can only guess the answers to two of them at this time, Campbell, makes it to game 1, 1st play, 1st series before getting injured, assuming he comes out of camp healthy Anything beyond that is breaking the expectations I have for him. 

TY is gone. I really don’t see him back under any circumstance except for MAYBE if WR depth due to injury becomes a concern. 

I think it's been reported a couple this week that Reich has said they are still discussing adding a WR. 

IF they do, and that's a big if, my guess would be TY. But ultimately if I had to bet, I'd say we stand pat and not add anyone.

If we do add, I think it will cut during cut-downs. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

9. Will TY be back?

It’s gonna be Pittman Pierce and Campbell week 1 I hope they all stay healthy but imagine Campbell will miss at least 1 game hopefully plays at least 12. 

in short downs I’m hoping to see Woods in the slot. I think he would be a huge mismatch in the run if they put a corner on him or the pass if they put a linebacker on him. 

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Parris Campbell and ... Ashton Dulin?

1. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ?

Parris Campbell and Alec Pierce

1. Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?

None.

1. How many games will Parris play in 2022 ?

1. What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter)

Pittman, Alec Pierce, Parris Campbell

1. What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter)

Pittman, Alec Pierce, Mike Strachan

1. Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS).

Less. Won't believe it until I see it. The number of RBs who actually get this type of number of WR-snaps is very small. Everybody talks about it with pass-catching RBs, but not many actually do it when it really matters. 

1. Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played). 

Pittman? 

1. Will TY be back?

No. 

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

1. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ?  Campbell Dulin
  2. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ?  Campbell Pierce
  3. Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?  Dulin
  4. How many games will Parris play in 2022 ?  15
  5. What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter) Pittman Pierce Dulin
  6. What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter). Pittman Strachan Pattmon
  7. Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS). No.
  8. Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played). Pittman 
  9. Will TY be back? No

1. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ? Campbell, Dulin 

2. Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ? Pierce, Dulin

3. Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ? Toss up.....Dulin? 

4. How many games will Parris play in 2022 ? If I had to bet, 6 games. I really hope he stays healthy though

5. What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter) MPJ, Pierce, Hines

6. What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter) Would rather have designed plays / 50 /50 balls throw to Mo and Woods along with MPJ 

7. Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS). Colts/Reich would be dumb not to give Hines more slot receiver reps 

8. Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played). MPJ 

9. Will TY be back? Doesn't look like it unfortunately. I think he would be good, but has to take less money 

Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ?    Pierce and Campbell

Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ?    Pierce and Dulin

Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?      Dulin

How many games will Parris play in 2022 ?  9

What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter) MPJ.Pierce,Dulin

What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter) MPJ,Pierce and harris

Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS). Yes...

Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played). MPJ

Will TY be back? No

Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ? Campbell, Dulin

Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 9 (assume TY is not back) ? Campbell, Pierce

Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ? Strachen

How many games will Parris play in 2022 ? 14

What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter) Pittman, Strachen, Pierce

What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter)Pittman, Dulin, Hines

Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS). No

Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played. Pittman

Will TY be back? Partial season at best

On 6/1/2022 at 8:03 PM, EastStreet said:

• Campbell and Dulin
    • Campbell and Dulin
    • Dulin
    • Campbell
  9. Will TY be back?
    • Nope

I wrote em down before I read any posts and agree with all of yours except #2. I think Pierce replaces Dulin as a starter around week 8 or so. I thought I disagreed with number 8 until I realized it was targets per game played. I would feed Campbell a lot if I was the Qb.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:01 PM, EastStreet said:

Aside from Pittman, what are the other two starting WRs for Game 1 (assume TY is not back) ?

Ashton Dulin and Parris Campbell

Of Dulin, Strachan, Patmon, Harris, and Coutee, who is your choice for breakout WR of 2022 ?

Dulin

How many games will Parris play in 2022 ?

Eight

What 3 WR set do you want to see in 3rd and long, meaning 15+ yards for a 1st (doesn't have to be a starter)

Pittman, Dulin, and Pierce

What 3 WR set do you want to see in short down situations and near the goal line (doesn't have to be a starter)

Pittman, Campbell, Pierce

Will Hines get more than 5 snaps per game at WR (actually lining up on the LOS).

Yes

Who will be Ryan's favorite target (most targets per game played)

Pittman

wlii Ty be back?

No

• Campbell and Dulin
    • Campbell and Dulin
    • Dulin
    • Campbell
  9. Will TY be back?
    • Nope

You gave every answer I was going to say. Even number of games Campbell plays. Only thing is it was a tossup for breakout player between Dulin and Pierce but Pierce wasn’t an option. I think Dulin will have a nice season and put up respectable #3 numbers. 

2 hours ago, Dunk said:

I wrote em down before I read any posts and agree with all of yours except #2. I think Pierce replaces Dulin as a starter around week 8 or so. I thought I disagreed with number 8 until I realized it was targets per game played. I would feed Campbell a lot if I was the Qb.

Yup. I don't disagree. 

#2 was hard for me. I could easily see Pierce starting at any time this season. 

I just have a feeling based on what we're hearing about Campbell, he'll end up being Ryan's favorite (along with Pittman). I'm also making the assumption that Campbell will stay outside. He could very well play a lot of slot, but I think they'll try to keep him outside due to injury history. And if all that happens, I think Dulin is probably the best equipped to man the slot.

If Pierce increases his route trees, becomes a good blocker, etc., then I think he'll be starting at some point. That's all things he hasn't really done though so far. 

23 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You gave every answer I was going to say. Even number of games Campbell plays. Only thing is it was a tossup for breakout player between Dulin and Pierce but Pierce wasn’t an option. I think Dulin will have a nice season and put up respectable #3 numbers. 

#2 was hard for me. 

#8 could go either way for me (Pitt or PC). But it assumes PC stays healthy. 

But both Pitt and PC are easily the most polished and well rounded WRs on our roster.

Dulin simply has the experience in the O. He did look very very smooth in the vid clips catching from Ryan. 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

#2 was hard for me. 

#8 could go either way for me (Pitt or PC). But it assumes PC stays healthy. 

But both Pitt and PC are easily the most polished and well rounded WRs on our roster.

Dulin simply has the experience in the O. He did look very very smooth in the vid clips catching from Ryan. 

Dulin proved to me he can be a homerun threat last season. Maybe with more experience, and a better QB throwing to him he will really shine. I was basing Pierce replacing Dulin on the blocking aspect our WR are asked to do, Dulin is smaller. so I figured pierce might get the nod for that reason.

Who knows though? Maybe Ashton can block. or will catch so many deep balls that they can;t afford to not have him on the field,

8 hours ago, Dunk said:

Dulin proved to me he can be a homerun threat last season. Maybe with more experience, and a better QB throwing to him he will really shine. I was basing Pierce replacing Dulin on the blocking aspect our WR are asked to do, Dulin is smaller. so I figured pierce might get the nod for that reason.

Who knows though? Maybe Ashton can block. or will catch so many deep balls that they can;t afford to not have him on the field,

My thoughts on Dulin in general, and Dulin vs Pierce (blocking topic).

• Pascal transitioned to a primary target last season, from his blocking and dirty work focus of the years before.
  • Dulin picked up a lot of the dirty work. Most of his routes (almost all the 1st half of the season it seamed) were rubs, clear outs, etc... Very rarely did he look to be running a route that would translate into an actual target. Of course when things break down and plays extend, everyone becomes a target... but he wasn't really ever an early read.
  • Pierce never really had to block in college. He was Cinci's primary weapon. That doesn't mean he can't block, just means that's not how he was used. His early years was full of STs, and scout team D (lol), so we know he is physical enough to block. But ultimately, will need some time to polish, especially with the step up in talent.
  • And Dulin really isn't "smaller". Dulin is 2 inches shorter, but he weighs more than Pierce. I'd guess Dulin is easily stronger too. Pierce didn't even bench at the combine, which typically means he sidestepped it because he knew he wouldn't perform well. And like I said, Dulin did all the dirty work last season. Also one of our most physical STs guy (AP gunner).... So we know he can block and is not afraid to throw down. 

Overall, I think Dulin has the perfect traits to be a good slot. Speed (4.4s), twitch, size (not small, but not too big either), physicality, willing to do the dirty work, etc.. all traits you want in a traditional slot. Pierce has all the traits to play anywhere, but we all know his experience was very limited to boundary X. Asking a kid to learn to run all the routes he never ran in college, to block a lot more, and to up his game to NFL competition.. That's just a lot to ask IMO. He'll need some time. If PC, Pitt, and Dulin all stay healthy, I think Reich will slow play him early and be patient on development. If PC or others go down with injury, Pierce won't have the luxury of time lol..

Bottom line, I really like a 4 man rotation of Pittman/Dulin/Campbell/Pierce. High upside. I'd still like to add a traditional lightening quick Z type down the road. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

My thoughts on Dulin in general, and Dulin vs Pierce (blocking topic).

• Pascal transitioned to a primary target last season, from his blocking and dirty work focus of the years before.
  • Dulin picked up a lot of the dirty work. Most of his routes (almost all the 1st half of the season it seamed) were rubs, clear outs, etc... Very rarely did he look to be running a route that would translate into an actual target. Of course when things break down and plays extend, everyone becomes a target... but he wasn't really ever an early read.
  • Pierce never really had to block in college. He was Cinci's primary weapon. That doesn't mean he can't block, just means that's not how he was used. His early years was full of STs, and scout team D (lol), so we know he is physical enough to block. But ultimately, will need some time to polish, especially with the step up in talent.
  • And Dulin really isn't "smaller". Dulin is 2 inches shorter, but he weighs more than Pierce. I'd guess Dulin is easily stronger too. Pierce didn't even bench at the combine, which typically means he sidestepped it because he knew he wouldn't perform well. And like I said, Dulin did all the dirty work last season. Also one of our most physical STs guy (AP gunner).... So we know he can block and is not afraid to throw down. 

Overall, I think Dulin has the perfect traits to be a good slot. Speed (4.4s), twitch, size (not small, but not too big either), physicality, willing to do the dirty work, etc.. all traits you want in a traditional slot. Pierce has all the traits to play anywhere, but we all know his experience was very limited to boundary X. Asking a kid to learn to run all the routes he never ran in college, to block a lot more, and to up his game to NFL competition.. That's just a lot to ask IMO. He'll need some time. If PC, Pitt, and Dulin all stay healthy, I think Reich will slow play him early and be patient on development. If PC or others go down with injury, Pierce won't have the luxury of time lol..

Bottom line, I really like a 4 man rotation of Pittman/Dulin/Campbell/Pierce. High upside. I'd still like to add a traditional lightening quick Z type down the road. 

I didn't realize he was that stout, I was under the assumption he was a slightly taller T Y.  Should've known  with all the speial teams plays he makes he was a tough guy.

20 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I didn't realize he was that stout, I was under the assumption he was a slightly taller T Y.  Should've known  with all the speial teams plays he makes he was a tough guy.

Yup, he's 6-1. And he's the 3rd heaviest WR (215) behind Pitt, Strachan, and Patmon, who are all around 225 and range from 6-4 to 6-5... In other words, Dulin is built like a speedy bull and ripped. One inch taller and heavier than Campbell too. 

Would love to see him at slot going across the middle. 

usatsi_12417749.jpg

• Campbell and Dulin
    • Campbell and Dulin
    • Dulin
    • Campbell
  9. Will TY be back?
    • Nope

1-3 are the same.  
4- I think Paris plays 17 this year.  I hope anyway

5 - agree if pierce is up for it.  
6 - I want Pittman and the tight ends here.  Is that nonresponsive?

7 yes. At least early

8 pittman 

9 yes 

11 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

4- I think Paris plays 17 this year.  I hope anyway

------me too!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

6 - I want Pittman and the tight ends here.  Is that nonresponsive?

-----didn't answer the Q lol, so yes. On your answer though, Woods has had hands issues in college, and several bobbles in OTA, so I'm good with one TE (MAC) in these situations

Archived