Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA Media Day 2

3 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Excellent Thread. Thanks to everyone for posting updates.

I know I usually do this for TC too but this year depending on what time they practice at TC ect I will see if I can provide tweets. I might not be able to add them until later in the day. We will see how things go.

Next week is mandatory mini camp. Yannick and Willis have not been there. Then we will see if Moore holds out. After that I think we are done until TC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Last off-season I was attacked on this forum for daring to oppose the notion that the defense will be top 5 in the league. 

LMAO Considering all of the youth we put on the field. No sense arguing with fuells.

The Indy Stars' Joel A. Erickson reports Parris Campbell caught 8-of-24 Matt Ryan throws in practice.

Stat lines from OTAs might be the peak of offseason reporting, but it is helpful to know that Campbell is healthy and running with the first team. The former second-round pick has only appeared in 15 games since 2019. Campbell is electric with the ball in his hands, and if Ryan is going to look his way often, the speedy receiver could be a consistent fantasy option. If Campbell stays healthy and takes on the role of starting slot receiver for Indy, he has the potential to be a big-time YAC producer. 

Source: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter

Jun 1, 2022, 2:05 PM ET

I REALLY hope Campbell can stay healthy this season.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

The Indy Stars' Joel A. Erickson reports Parris Campbell caught 8-of-24 Matt Ryan throws in practice.

Stat lines from OTAs might be the peak of offseason reporting, but it is helpful to know that Campbell is healthy and running with the first team. The former second-round pick has only appeared in 15 games since 2019. Campbell is electric with the ball in his hands, and if Ryan is going to look his way often, the speedy receiver could be a consistent fantasy option. If Campbell stays healthy and takes on the role of starting slot receiver for Indy, he has the potential to be a big-time YAC producer. 

Source: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter

Jun 1, 2022, 2:05 PM ET

I REALLY hope Campbell can stay healthy this season.

Ryan’s ball placement is a lot like rivers. With Campbells speed he should have a great year if he stays healthy.

16 hours ago, stitches said:

So not as amicable and friendly of a holdout anymore. 

Trade time. I believe there is a  sense of excitement from the players and coaches about this year. No need for distraction. If he doesn't show up, I would be on the phones asap and move him. I wouldn't be surprised if  Ballard is on the phones as we speak lol. However, I am not sure there is a lot of trade value for a slot corner who wants a new contract and appears to be already being paid market value.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Trade time. I believe there is a  sense of excitement from the players and coaches about this year. No need for distraction. If he doesn't show up, I would be on the phones asap and move him. I wouldn't be surprised if  Ballard is on the phones as we speak lol. However, I am not sure there is a lot of trade value for a slot corner who wants a new contract and appears to be already being paid market value.

We would be lucky to get a 3. Probably more a 4. Then I don’t see another team meeting his contract demands. Hopefully this will all work out. Give him a slight pay increase to make him happy. 

I am so glad some of you aren’t the GM.  Do I agree with Kenny’s hold out?  No.  However, he’s still a very important part to the Colts defense and you don’t just get ride of a guy like that because he wants a new contract.  At some point Kenny is going to realize he has very little leverage here because it’s one thing to hold out when the team can’t fine you it’s another to do it when they can.  When that happens it will be a matter of time until Kenny returns as his only other options at that point is to retire or just hold out for two years.  I don’t see him doing that.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, stitches said:

So not as amicable and friendly of a holdout anymore. 

More like Frank hasn’t asked and Kenny didn’t volunteer that information.  That’s generally how these kind of things go.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

When that happens it will be a matter of time until Kenny returns

But how will he return?  Mad at the team, mgmt, etc. because he is under-valued (in his mind)?  Will he put the business issues behind him and play football?  Not knowing his state of mind means having him on the team would detract from the "all in" mantra.

I don't know.  I just wouldn't want a guy around who isn't committed to the success of the team.

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Cut him.  Waste no more energy or time.

Respectfully

I think this is WAY premature

These are optional work outs

If he misses the mandatory practices, he gets fined

I can understand his position, but .......  I would tell him that we will discuss next offseason 

The Colts cant give in two years early..... you just cant

This is where fines matter

"Given the absences listed above, here’s a rough look at the offensive and defensive ‘starters’ at Wednesday’s second media viewing of the 2022 offseason. On offense: QB-Matt Ryan, RB-Jonathan Taylor, WR-Parris Campbell, WR-Michael Pittman, WR-Dezmon Patmon, TE-Mo Alie-Cox, LT-Matt Pryor, LG-Quenton Nelson, C-Ryan Kelly, RG-Danny Pinter, RT-Braden Smith. On defense: DE-Kwity Paye, DT-Grover Stewart, DT-DeForest Buckner, DE-Ben Banogu, LB-Zaire Franklin, LB-Bobby Okereke, CB-Isaiah Rodgers, CB-Brandon Facyson, S-Will Redmond, S-Nick Cross, CB-Anthony Chesley."

Surprising to see Banogu listed as a starter. Or are they just rotating starters to give them reps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

But how will he return?  Mad at the team, mgmt, etc. because he is under-valued (in his mind)?  Will he put the business issues behind him and play football?  Not knowing his state of mind means having him on the team would detract from the "all in" mantra.

I don't know.  I just wouldn't want a guy around who isn't committed to the success of the team.

If his ultimate goal is to make money he will still play hard.  If anything it will probably fuel him.  That’s how most hold out guys do it.  They know the hold out isn’t going to work it’s more to get the teams attention for when it’s contract time and they know they need to perform when they get back on the field to get what they ultimately want.  

25 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully

I think this is WAY premature

These are optional work outs

If he misses the mandatory practices, he gets fined

I can understand his position, but .......  I would tell him that we will discuss next offseason 

The Colts cant give in two years early..... you just cant

This is where fines matter

He isn’t “all in.”  Put him on the Wentz Express.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If his ultimate goal is to make money he will still play hard.  If anything it will probably fuel him.  That’s how most hold out guys do it.  They know the hold out isn’t going to work it’s more to get the teams attention for when it’s contract time and they know they need to perform when they get back on the field to get what they ultimately want.  

Hope so.

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

I don't see his contract dispute having anything to do with his performance on the field or his commitment to winning or being a part of the team.  He seems like an intelligent guy who can bifurcate the business side with the playing side.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then neither is Ngakoue who isn’t there either.  Should he be cut too?

I was a little concerned about his absence too, but read that he sought permission from the staff, and will be here next week. 

Most of the stuff going on now is "installation" stuff for the new D scheme, and basic stuff for the new guys on both sides. At least Ngakoue already knows Gus's system. Hate that he's missing out on bonding time though. 

• Like 3

These two days where media has been able to watch OTA seems like it’s TC already. I am so excited for TC to start. Keefer and Holder were going on and on with how good Ryan looks and he is a perfect fit for this offense. I love how players are mentioning how demanding Ryan is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So listening to local podcasts from the media today. Every one is raving on how Alec pierce looks natural and they don’t think it will take him long to adjust. They are also raving on Rodgers.

I've listened to several as well. It sounds like previous years lol. Everything looks great at OTAs... 

On PIerce though... keep in mind a good portion of the OTA is WRs running free without a DB. And when he has been in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 stuff, he's mostly been with the 2s. 

Not saying he won't adjust quickly, just saying OTAs are not the best measuring stick. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've listened to several as well. It sounds like previous years lol. Everything looks great at OTAs... 

On PIerce though... keep in mind a good portion of the OTA is WRs running free without a DB. And when he has been in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 stuff, he's mostly been with the 2s. 

Not saying he won't adjust quickly, just saying OTAs are not the best measuring stick. 

They weren’t talking about pierce production in OTA. They were just mentioning how he seems very natural and smooth.  Next week mini camp will be more physical and full speed I believe so we will get a lot more info next week.

Ad far as Rodgers it’s nice he doesn’t panic because he has the makeup speed which Rock didn’t have. One of the reasons they probably felt more comfy trading Rock. I really can’t believe he was a 6th round pick. He is making a very good first impression on Bradley. I expect him to take another leap this year. I think he will earn a contract extension. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

I think Ryan has more in the tank then rivers had and he is defintly more mobile. It’s going to be fun watching him. I do think he is the perfect QB for the talent we have on offense. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They weren’t talking about pierce production in OTA. They were just mentioning how he seems very natural and smooth.  Next week mini camp will be more physical and full speed I believe so we will get a lot more info next week.

Ad far as Rodgers it’s nice he doesn’t panic because he has the makeup speed which Rock didn’t have. One of the reasons they probably felt more comfy trading Rock. I really can’t believe he was a 6th round pick. He is making a very good first impression on Bradley. I expect him to take another leap this year. I think he will earn a contract extension. 

I think Ryan has more in the tank then rivers had and he is defintly more mobile. It’s going to be fun watching him. I do think he is the perfect QB for the talent we have on offense. 

All of mini camp is no contact. 

Love Rodgers. Great value in so many ways.

Ryan is pretty much a statue too. So is Foles.